• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread CHAOS MAFIA VII- BUCK IN NEW YORK

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
does anyone know any good tower defense games

JD describing Botwolf as Epistemology-esque is certainly more accurate in terms of how the game gets played out. Whether or not Goose is actually scum here is something to be examined as the game goes on, and being confrontational about something to him was a way of just seeing how he'd respond. No different than my approach to Ex (aside from word choice and situation maybe).

But hey, who's counting?

DW
One's a warning to other players to be careful, one's a baseless accusation. It's clearly the latter, and I see it as having intentionally been framed as such to look like a pressure vote.

It's definitely this one. The only thing here is that, as I said earlier, you're focused on it being a case that I'm pushing which lol, yeah no. But you're definitely hung up on that. My question is why? Because so what if I was making an accusation towards them that I didn't outright backup with calling for their removal to the rest of the thread? The way I see it, you're focused on my interactions there and framing them as ***cases*** that I am pushing for an elim there as opposed to what they are -- engagements. After all you don't get content at all by doing nothing. Your interpretation of the content generated though is the important thing here.

@ Rag:

Draw me a MSP4 Prequel game scene.

@ Fext:

It's prevented you from reading the thread, but not typing the words you're reading (or the words you read in responding).

Got any comment on the stuff surrounding me? Or are you too sick to read this?

Let Fext fever vibe KoD. DW already admitted to being scum so chaos has taken the day. The tea leaves never fail.

At what point does me engaging two different players constitute me fielding two different cases to vote on? Because the way you described my approach is exactly stretched in such a way as to paint it as that as opposed to just grilling them. Especially since, you know, it's D1 and it's far better to at least judge reactions than just joke around and do nothing. So, yeah, not sure what you're trying to cook up other
As I recall, you voted Mongoose on the basis of them previously having been scum. The interaction with ExLight where you asked him to explain why he wasn't scum also heavily implied you thought he was, especially since the phrasing of the question was so similar to what you said when you vote Mongoose, and you're only apparent basis for this was "because he basically always is".

I'm not even keen on forgiving you for something that simple as it's obviously I wasn't making a thread push to see them voted on what I was engaging them over (yet though one would expect more development as the day goes, but that's hardly the case here with your interaction there).
You've barely been around since those posts until. Hard to expect someone to spend time pushing when they're basically not around. Which also means I haven't exactly had a chance to interact with you since considering this is your first time even acknowledging my vote on you.

Curious then, are you shielding them for a particular reason by going aggro on me? Because that's kinda how it looks. You paired with Cin Min or Ex? Or you just looking to white knight over there? What's the hidden motivation for you to make such a lacking analysis when engaging me over such a small amount of content wrt to them?
Why would that make me scum with Minish. I don't think you've called Minish scum once this game, so going aggro on you accomplishes zero in the way of shielding her.
But to be very clear. I am not shielding ExLight, Mongoose, or Minish from anything. There is not a single one of those three I would oppose the voting of as long as there was an actual reason for that vote. You just haven't had such a reason for calling ExLight or Mongoose scum and calling two people scum for having been scum before did not sit well with me in the slightest.

For the record, I bring all the activity when I get started. You want content? Unbench me. That's how you get the party started.
I haven't done anything that should prevent your participation. You should still be able participate while beibg suspected. Unbench yourself.

So, hey, are you still being pocketed by Neon's tea and cookies JD? Because I feel like that's encroaching on me here.

Also, I'm game to throw down on DW. Not so much so on paranoia more so than just the approach to me here. I'm certainly a hub for content generation so that makes focusing on me a good way to avoid much else.

Vote: DW

Also lol getting called by graveyard staff to tell me they can't make it in. This is why I can't have nice things in life. Really wish I had stayed asleep instead of staying up now.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I feel like you tend to be more involved in whatever serious discussions people bring up? I don't think I'd expect you to really be the one starting serious discussions, but I feel like you as town usually seem pretty inclined to give your thoughts on whatever attempts at discussion people are making, and I feel like a few different people have tried talking about the actual game but you're only really starting to participate just now and I guess I find it odd that all you have to say about any of what's went on is a bit of meta discussion.

You'd be right...usually. This read applies to me but not really in the first 24 hours of the game. I'd say the only one bringing up much serious discussion was yourself. And my ignoring it was for the simple fact of I thought you were taking everything too seriously so I felt it wasn't anything worth commenting on. I like rvs because it's fun to have that moment of joking around at the beginning of the game so we all know that it's just a game and there's no hard feelings when things get serious later on. Days are 72 hours so we still have 2 whole days of discussion to be had.

This is a fair read on me though so I can see where the scum lean comes from. Because it does apply to me, just not really in this situation. Also, I love me some meta. So asking Ex about your meta isn't out of the norm for me. Doing so was meant to establish two things. Get a better read of you, and get a better read of Ex.

Pretty sure I've put myself in the scum section of my readlist in 2/3 previous games I've played with you and not been scum when doing so.
So you admit you're aware of the meta and thusly can abuse it then. Gotcha, scum DW confirmed.

as I said earlier, you're focused on it being a case that I'm pushing which lol, yeah no. But you're definitely hung up on that. My question is why? Because so what if I was making an accusation towards them that I didn't outright backup with calling for their removal to the rest of the thread? The way I see it, you're focused on my interactions there and framing them as ***cases*** that I am pushing for an elim there as opposed to what they are -- engagements. After all you don't get content at all by doing nothing. Your interpretation of the content generated though is the important thing here.
They're clearly framed as accusations at the very least, and didn't you call for Ex to vote Mongoose before you started calling Ex himself scum? I don't know that you've made any pushes to get other people to vote ExLight but you'd also barely posted since then. No you don't get content by doing nothing but you don't get much from accusations that don't even pretend to have any basis either.

So, hey, are you still being pocketed by Neon's tea and cookies JD? Because I feel like that's encroaching on me here.

I think you need to check who is in whose pocket Husband. Plus I got two pockets and enough tea and cookies for three so we are all good. :hug:

So you admit you're aware of the meta and thusly can abuse it then. Gotcha, scum DW confirmed.
Yes and no. I am well aware that it's something I do but I don't feel its an AI thing for me so there's nothing to abuse. It just so happened that I wasn't scum the either of the times I've done it before in games with you because I just didn't feel like it in Botwolf.

My participation is strictly limited to certain frames when I can actively get in here and post. For reference, if I'm not sleeping immediately, it's usually in the evening after work (pending how long I've worked).

Regardless, there is a big difference between a case and me just voting someone and pressuring them for a reaction. You're literally painting it as though I came in here to strictly push them as a viable wagon for the day and let it be that. The lack of me posting is not a good reason to use as substitution for actually pushing them to the rest of the thread.

And why are you excluding Ex there? In regards to my shielding comment. Is Cin Min your partner then? Got you.

Just because I haven't mentioned someone doesn't take away from the fact that you're hard susing me over simple engagements with people. So either my attempts at content generation struck close to home for you, or you're just doing .. what? Being contrary just because?

Bear in mind, it's D1. That hardly allows for "actual" reasons beyond what we glean from interacting (you see that?) with people to see reactions.

Excuse me while I go to work for the second time in a day with no rest.

I just want to make it really clear that I won't be posting because I'll be working.

If you're expecting more participation from me, you probably won't get it. Because I'll be at work.

Working.

*Looks at DW.*

Also, I'm just ribbing you. It's all in good fun. In a serious I'll stab you kind of way of fun. *Deathglare.*

Yes and no. I am well aware that it's something I do but I don't feel its an AI thing for me so there's nothing to abuse. It just so happened that I wasn't scum the either of the times I've done it before in games with you because I just didn't feel like it in Botwolf.
Except you're literally trying to use it as an AI defense right now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom