• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread CHAOS MAFIA VI: REVENGE OF THE BUCK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I think I remember softing in a previous Chaos Mafia but I don't remember how I went about it, and considering his strict rules on claiming, I'd agree you are better off just not trying to reveal anything, Rag.

SMS, with what little time you do have for the first day, did you happen you give the bomb to Kirino?
I was never passed a grenade and I don't generate them.

I actually think Killjoy is making some decent observations. This is his second (I believe) game with us, but he has been spectating all the others. Noticing something such as you not posting a lot seems to me like he's actually trying to spot differences in play that he's noticed from spectating. He's leaning town for me at the moment just from his posts so far.
I did join Pen Ten, though, I'm not sure if you can really count that since I subbed out early on D2 due to sever panic from not knowing what the heck I was doing.

I think I remember softing in a previous Chaos Mafia but I don't remember how I went about it, and considering his strict rules on claiming, I'd agree you are better off just not trying to reveal anything, Rag.

I was never passed a grenade and I don't generate them.
Let's say you did have the grenade first and/or generate them. Who would've been your target?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I actually think Killjoy is making some decent observations. This is his second (I believe) game with us, but he has been spectating all the others. Noticing something such as you not posting a lot seems to me like he's actually trying to spot differences in play that he's noticed from spectating. He's leaning town for me at the moment just from his posts so far.
I don't think I've ever been a top poster on Day 1 within merely the first few hours of the day though. I think it's good he's trying to be attentive and spot things, but pointing out something like that without the majority of the day having elapsed is a rather rushed assumption.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I don't think I've ever been a top poster on Day 1 within merely the first few hours of the day though. I think it's good he's trying to be attentive and spot things, but pointing out something like that without the majority of the day having elapsed is a rather rushed assumption.

It may have some flaws, since he is taking overall thread activity and applying it early. But the basis of the idea is good. I think if he is town, he just needs to fine tune his meta application a little and he'll be great at scum hunting.

I'm just trying to help get things on a roll. Yes, me immediately putting you on my sus list may put me on others sus list later on, but I'm fine with that. as long as things get going sooner than later.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I'm just trying to help get things on a roll. Yes, me immediately putting you on my sus list may put me on others sus list later on, but I'm fine with that. as long as things get going sooner than later.
It's at least generating activity, so in that regard it is productive. I think Min is right that your application is still a tad rough, but you're well on your way to doing some decent scum hunting.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
If I was scum I'd most certainly pass it to someone who may have not passed it in time to ensure an easy kill. If I was town I'd probably pass it to someone who was active and could pass it along quickly.
So to be more specific, if it was me and I was scum I'd pass it to Rubik probably. I'm not scum though, I think I would have passed it straight to Minish if she was online because I'd be trusting her to make a good move with it, with the hopes that she isn't scum.

**scratches the back of his neck for a second** Huuh. . .

Kirino claimed to have been given the grenade at or near the start of the game and supposedly has 30 minutes to get rid of it, he sees that Minish is on line, gives it to her within a few seconds. Minish then proceeds to play Hot Potato with it and sets Zinger up the bomb, yeah Zero Wing reference, bite me. lol, Zinger goes boom.

Kirino claims that he made the split decision on Minish because she was on. Minish stated that she was "about to go to bed" at the time of receiving the grenade, however from the timing of the OP and the Update, there 7 people that had posted: SMS, Mez, Rag, Rube, Kirino, Minish, and myself.

Minish did post at twice more, after. Between the time she got it and the time the grenade decimated Zinger.
Also, her reasoning:
I'd rather take a chance on someone else whose role I don't know dying
She could've also easily chosen Pen, since even he wasn't posting until today.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
She could've also easily chosen Pen, since even he wasn't posting until today.
True enough, but I could maybe see reasoning for picking Zinger over say Petter: Zinger isn't a ZD native. If the intent is to kill someone blindly, then getting rid of someone who you can't meta read is a good strategic move in that mindset. Maybe it's too early to say, but that sounds like Town reasoning from Min because as scum passing it to Petter would maybe be better, he's a strong native player.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Vote Count
Pen:I(Rubik)
Storm:I(Tristan)
Rag:I(Kirino)
Not Voting: Killjoy, MInish, Namira, Pen, Rag, SMS

Post Count
KillJoy-IIIIII IIIIII IIIIII
Kirino-IIIII III
Mez-IIIII II
Minish-IIIII IIIII IIII
Namira-IIIII
Pen-III
Rag-IIIII II
Rubik-IIIII
SMS-IIIII IIIII II

Day One Ends December 3st at 6pm EST
Click here for an accurate Countdown Clock

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Well, laptop is bricked for the time being. And I was starting to feel a bit comfortable. I’m not sure if I’m willing to continue on my phone.

You should stay in if you can! The game probably won't be too long, and you can still make some posts on your phone. I do most of mine on my phone at this point.

As long as you're not trying to do extensive ISOs or huge posts it's not so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom