• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link to the Past Can Somebody Please Tell Me if This Game is Good?

are these games good

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• I don't really care.

• Total voters

Roy

I have been hearing a lot of good praises for it but I have never played it. I will probably buy it on the Wii's virtual console along with super Metroid (never played that game either) for 20 dollars (16$) basically. But first I really want to hear your thoughts about the game.

In historical context, A Link to the Past confirmed the franchise as belonging to the Action-Adventure rather than RPG franchise after the confusion caused by Zelda II: Adventure of Link. It also introduced a slew of supporting characters which the NES games had been largely devoid of. The Light and Dark World twist is intriguing with multiple games in the franchise following in the footsteps of a dual overworld. I can assure you that you will have absolutely no regrets purchasing A Link to the Past although I must warn you that it is a difficult game.

Edit: Checked the poll and it seems you want feedback for Super Metroid as well. Definitely purchase it as well. The 2D Action-Adventure/Shooter gameplay is superb and the music certainly adds to the chilling atmosphere. It's an $8 you won't regret and helps tie together the Metroid timeline, namely to the Prime series and Other M.

Last edited:

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
From hearing several opinions and reviews, I've heard excellent reviews of A Link to the Past. I recommend it!
I'm not sure about Super Metroid though, but typically it gets good reviews as well. ;)

As a gamer for over 25 years I highly recommend A Link to the Past and Super Metroid. ALttP is an amazing game and if you never played it you are in for a real treat. The game is fun from start to finish. Metroid games are really great too. Super metroid and the game boy advance games focus heavily on exploration as well as returning to old areas with new abilities to reach new areas. The map makea it easy to find where you need to go. Both games hold up very well.

Roy

In historical context, A Link to the Past confirmed the franchise as belonging to the Action-Adventure rather than RPG franchise after the confusion caused by Zelda II: Adventure of Link. It also introduced a slew of supporting characters which the NES games had been largely devoid of. The Light and Dark World twist is intriguing with multiple games in the franchise following in the footsteps of a dual overworld. I can assure you that you will have absolutely no regrets purchasing A Link to the Past although I must warn you that it is a difficult game.

Edit: Checked the poll and it seems you want feedback for Super Metroid as well. Definitely purchase it as well. The 2D Action-Adventure/Shooter gameplay is superb and the music certainly adds to the chilling atmosphere. It's an $8 you won't regret and helps tie together the Metroid timeline, namely to the Prime series and Other M.

I really appreciate the info. Thanks.

#posts are good enough for me . Thanks everyone. Man I really wish I didn't put the poll in. Nobody really got to use it but the people on this thread got the answer across so thanks again.

3 posts are good enough for me . Thanks everyone. Man I really wish I didn't put the poll in. Nobody really got to use it but the people on this thread got the answer across so thanks again.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Not sure about Super Metroid, but I would definitely hold off on ALttP for a while, until either the MM or ALttP remake gets confirmed. It isn't that ALttP is bad, it's that I'm sure Nintendo, if they opt for ALttP3D, will do something extremely special that you just don't want to have spoiled by a previous playthrough of the game. ;)

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
As a hardcore Zelda fan that knows what's what when it comes to the greatest series on Earth, I can without a doubt say that A Link to the Past is an excellent title that everyone should play. I don't care that it's my least-favorite in the series. It's a damn good game that, despite its many flaws, offers quality entertainment. I think I can speak for most Zelda fans when I say that ALttP is hands-down the best game on the SNES. (Super Metroid would fall right behind, ironically.) I definitely wouldn't consider it close to being the best in the series, but that's not really saying much with a franchise like Zelda. The series has yet to produce a game that isn't stellar, and I can say for sure that ALttP stands as one of the series most solid titles. It's a must-own for any Zelda fan.

Not sure about Super Metroid, but I would definitely hold off on ALttP for a while, until either the MM or ALttP remake gets confirmed. It isn't that ALttP is bad, it's that I'm sure Nintendo, if they opt for ALttP3D, will do something extremely special that you just don't want to have spoiled by a previous playthrough of the game. ;)

Wouldn't playing the original game make playing a remake all the more better?

On a side note, they'd better not remake ALttP in 3D. Overhead with a 3D effect is fine. Turning it into a 3D title is not. There's absolutely no reason for it to happen, and it would honestly kill the spirit of it being an overhead game. Quite honestly, I'm kinda pissed at Nintendo discussing any kind of remake this early, but ALttP as a 3D title? You gotta be kidding me...

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Super Mario RPG and Kirby Super Star can contend with ALttP as best SNES game, IMO. I usually think of the GBA remaster when I think of ALttP anyway, haha.

Well, not necessarily. To the general consumer, buying the base game then buying a remake would sort of seem like money wasted. So I'm just taking the best bet and that is assuming our good buddy Roy here is of the general consumer type. Besides, playing the remake first in my opinion is just like watching the movie before reading the book:

If you experience the later product first then get back to the roots sometime afterwards, you won't be *as* disappointed with the later product.

And I heavily disagree about your point of making ALttP3D being a bad idea. I mean, this is the first time Nintendo has ever embarked (well, assuming they do that is) on such an amazing mission. We sort of already have a functional ALttP3D in the form of Ocarina3D, but it just isn't the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom