• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler But They're Little....Zelda And Link:Love in Ways You Dont Think.

I honestly cannot see this supposed romance at all. They barely even exchange words, never mind affection. The only instance of potential attraction between them I can think of is when Link takes Zelda's hand and bows to her, but she had just granted him a great power and therefore honour. It was simply respectful of him to show thanks in a humble way. Not necessarily romantic at all.
But you're forgetting that he's the hero saving his princess. That instantly makes it a tiny bit romantic, doesn't it? :P I kid. It can be interpreted many ways, but yeah, romance is barely hinted at. The major thing is that, remember after the credits when Link leaves Ordon? (and Ilia) Where exactly might he be going? ;)

CCG <3 Zelda

CrazyControllerGuy
Some people think that Link And Zelda are Brother and Sister in OOT for these reasons:
1 you never see Queen Hyrule and links mother was killed in the war.
2 Thay have the same hair and eye color,the same pointy ears, and so on.
3 Zelda Says the name "Link" sounds "familiar".
4 one of the composer brothers, when speaking to Link for the first time says "Somehow, you remind me of... Princess Zelda...".
5 There's also Zelda's lullaby. Impa clearly says she only teaches it to "members of the royal family" and then immediately proceeds to teach it to Link.

Interesting! I don't know why i didn't notice that while playing OOT!

I also heard a theory about Zelda and Link being siblings in LTTP ("Zelda is your___")

W

Weboh

Cool (pointless) story, bro.

Tell it again.

and no, they aren't related. lame reasons.

bkelly458

Just Some Dude
It's possible they're related in OoT, but I doubt it.

That being said, like someone else said earlier: Link and Zelda's lives are just bond to each other by fate. In the ongoing war against good and evil in Hyrule, they're simply destined to become allies to ward off/ defeat evil. What that bond turns into changes from game to game, generation to generation. Link and Zelda had a different relationship in OoT than they did in WW. The connection between them in SS was definitely different from TP. Each relationship has its own different dynamics due to the circumstances and their personalities. Also, they almost always leave some room for the player to interpret the relationship for themselves.

To rebuild Hyrule Castle? There are plenty of potential motivations that may have spurred Link to leaving Ordon and it seems to fit with the general pattern of Zelda games. Link saves Hyrule, then ventures off elsewhere to do something else. OoT Link ventures off to Termina, WW Link sets off to find New Hyrule and (if knowledge of the official timeline serves me correctly) aLttP Link journeys off to the events of OoX and eventually LA. It fits with the nature of the 'Legend of the Hero' not just in Zelda games but in a lot of fictional universes like Zeldas. The Hero 'appears', saves the world then journeys off to adventures unknown. Thus Link's departure also holds no romantic connotations if you ask me.
Exactly. That's my point I was trying to get across. There are endless possiblities and interpretations on almost every event in Zelda games, so you can't really rule out anything.

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
It is completely possible for Link and Zelda to be siblibgs. However, the piece of evidence that you said about how there was never a Queen of Hyrule seen and Link's mother died is kind of going against your theory. Think of it like: why would the Queen of Hyrule need to run away for safety when she could simply buy herself all the protection she wanted? And, presuming Link and Zelda are the same age, why did she choose Link over Zelda? And why did she simply leave her husband for an even worse fate than if she stayed? It just doesnt add up.

I don't see them as brother and sister in any game. The evidence you have doesn't tell me anything like that and I highly doubt Nintendo would do that. I would not put Link and Zelda together if I thought they where brother and sister. No where in the game tells me they are and no where in the series either. I have played OoT over and over and have found no evidence that tells me they are brother and sister.

If Impa hadn't given you the song then you could not complete the game and since Zelda thinks he will save Hyrule Impa probably thought that since Zelda trusts him with saving Hyrule and telling him about where the triforce is located then he could probably be trusted with the song of the royal family.

1 and 2 I don't get how that points to them being brother and sister and if I remember correctly she says any name you give Link sounds familar.

4 well they do have the same hair and eye color (and all Hylians have pointed ears) but so do some people in the world and I would not say they are related. And I think so do some Hylians.

5 I said something about Impa above but Zelda trusts him with telling him the story of the goddesses and the triforce since she thinks he will save Hyrule so I think Impa saw that and decided to trust him with teaching him a song that will help him save Hyrule.

I am not trying to be mean and sorry if it sounds like I am but the evidence that you have posted doesn't tell me or hint that they are brother and sister.

Last edited:

Smoore

The Rational Theist
I don't know either way, but we can't superimpose the hero mandate on Ocarina of Time. It came out back when the timeline was just barely being discussed. I really doubt the creators were thinking ahead to Skyward Sword and the reincarnation prophecy when they fashioned Link and Zelda's relationship for Ocarina of Time.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
1.you never see Queen Hyrule and links mother was killed in the war.

5.There's also Zelda's lullaby. Impa clearly says she only teaches it to "members of the royal family" and then immediately proceeds to teach it to Link.

It's important here to note that Impa herself isn't a member of the Royal Family, she's just Zelda's attendant, and yet she knows the song. The song is used to prove Link's connection to the Royal Family when he's in Goron City and to be permitted entry to Zora's Domain. This means both Darunia and the Zora's know the song (otherwise how would they recognise it?). Darunia is not a member of the Royal Family (he mentions the King of Hyrule is his 'Sworn Brother' but he also gives this title to Link which shows it is just an honoury thing, displaying a close relationship between the two. It's similar to being named 'Blood Kin' by the Orcs in Skyrim) and none of the Zoras are members of the Royal Family either (in fact, they have their own Royal Family).

When Impa says "Only Royal Family members are allowed to learn this song," it's fairly clear that this is not a strict, literal rule and doesn't mean Link is an actual member of the Family.

As for never seeing the Queen, well, we never see the King either. What exactly is your point there?
Just because we know Link's mother died during the war doesn't in anyway mean his mother was the Queen. Several people have pointed out that the Queen would have more safety staying with her husband, the King, than fleeing to the woods and even if she did, why would she take only one of her babies?

Shadow Mori

the shadow of the moon
There was a war to unight Hyrule if im not mistaken, if so than the king wound have been in the fight and posibly the quean. Mybe she had moblins on here tail and had to run and hapen to have Link whith her.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
There was a war to unight Hyrule if im not mistaken, if so than the king wound have been in the fight and posibly the quean. Mybe she had moblins on here tail and had to run and hapen to have Link whith her.

The King didn't necassarily have to be leading his troops but since that's generally what happened in medieval times and Ocarina of Time is very reminiscent of that, I agree that it's likely the King would have personally gone to war. The Queen going with him, however, is extremely unlikely. Queens only went to war in those times was when their husbands were at war eslewhere and even then it was mostly only in the form of raising an army, like Catherine of Aragon at the Battle of Flodden.

The idea of the Queen riding out to war with her infant children is simply absurb, and the idea that she'd take one and not the other is even more so. I just don't think there is any way the mother who brought Link to the Great Deku Tree could have possibly been the Queen. Any scenario in which she ran from a battle with one of her babies seems ridiculous and the idea that she fled the castle (during a war in which her faction won) with only one of her children seems equally ridiculous.

Are Oot Link and Zelda Siblings???

I was wondering if anyone thinks like I do and thinks that OoT link and zelda are siblings.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom