• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Smash Level

I'm sure soon there will be a more relevant subforum to post this in, but for now I'm putting it here for lack of a better place.

The Smash Bros teaser at the end of the Direct gave us lots of things to be excited about. One such thing (at least for me) was that they've moved away from the Twilight Princess look for Link and are using the Breath of the Wild design instead. I can't help but wonder how this will be reflected in possible new stages.

There are a lot of possibilities for new places to smash it up in the newest iteration of Hyrule. What do you think we'll get? Maybe we'll get a "tour" stage, one that leaps around every minute or so to a totally new setting like the Castle stage or the Skyloft stage from Smash U. Maybe we'll get one like the Spear Pillar or Brinstar Depths that twists around. We might find ourselves fighting inside one of the Divine Beasts. Or who knows, maybe we'll break the peaceful silence of Hyrule Field while Calamity Ganon looms over the castle in the background, only to have the fights interrupted by Stalker Guardians and their airborne counterparts.

What sort of stage do you think we could be in for? What would you like to see? Are there any stage styles that you're hoping they avoid?

A stage based on the Master Trials. Maybe the Guardian section.

Guardians in the background, their heads always moving, so as you fight you've gotta be careful where you stand. Throwing opponents into their line of sight will get them shot to hell.

A stage based on the Master Trials. Maybe the Guardian section.

Guardians in the background, their heads always moving, so as you fight you've gotta be careful where you stand. Throwing opponents into their line of sight will get them shot to hell.
Almost like the WarioWare level?

Yeah I guess so.

Fighting on Vah Medoh in flight with Windblight cuttong around like Ridley may be cool too. Especially if Medoh tilts every now and again like the ship in the Wind Waker level.
It's like... there are just so many cool ideas. I hope we get two Breath of the Wild levels. A static one and a "tour" one. I don't usually like those, but if they do it right it could be really awesome.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I think that Fort Hateno could definitely be one of the possibilities. Especially because of its significance to the plot and the dead Guardians in the background, with some coming to life and shooting. I think it could work.

Other than that, probably a tour. Either to the cities with Divine Beasts in the background or on the Divine Beasts themselves.

I think that Fort Hateno could definitely be one of the possibilities. Especially because of its significance to the plot and the dead Guardians in the background, with some coming to life and shooting. I think it could work.

Other than that, probably a tour. Either to the cities with Divine Beasts in the background or on the Divine Beasts themselves.
Yes I love it.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Maybe a stage that randomizes which divine beast it takes place on each match. The respective blights could make appearances every now and then, and the divine beast gimmicks work the same way they do in the game. That could be cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom