• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Classic Bosses.. Easiest and Hardest Classic Zelda!

I'm going to explain my thoughts and opinions for the bosses of Zelda from The Legend of Zelda to Twilight Princess.

For me Zelda has gotten easier through the years. I mean the original was quite a challenge, while the bosses weren't too bad the game was however, we're talking about the bosses. So let's get started

Aquamentus - For me he was a good first boss, quite a challenge should you go there early on. Not so much if you bring the white sword and/or blue tunic. 3/10 Good first boss
Dodongo - Admittedly, I found the miniboss in the moon dungeon to be harder ( the pack of blue Goriyas ) Dodongo was a letdown, much too easy. 1/10 Quite a letdown...
Mahandla - Ah, now here's a tough one. The first time you face him you may not know that bombs are his weakness. Defeating him with the sword is quite difficult! 5/10 Cool idea and tough
Gleeok - My personal favorite boss in the original Legend of Zelda. He's hard when you first fight him, but he's very hard when he has four heads. 7/10 Good boss
Digdogger - While Digdogger wasn't too easy. He was for the time that you fought him. Not too hard but not too easy. He should have been in dungeon 3 or 4 instead. 4/10 Not too bad
Gohma - The first one you fight is too easy considering it only takes one shot to kill but, the later ones aren't too bad so I bumped up her score a bit. 5/10 too easy at first, good later

Ganon - Ganon was tough, there's no denying that. I just didn't find him tough enough. He should have had an attack similar to Aqaumentus' triple fireball. 7/10 Other than that good boss

So the easiest boss in The Legend of Zelda is... Dodongo!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now let's move on to The Adventure of Link - Zelda 2

I found that this game had some of the best bosses in the series, and some of the most challenging too!

Horsehead - Horsehead was a great first boss, he was challenging but not too hard. I good first boss all around! 4/10 Great first boss
Helmethead - Helmethead was very similar to Horsehead. He was just a tad harder than Horsehead and good for a second boss. 6/10 Good progression of difficulty
Ironknuckle - I personally like fighting Ironknuckles without the jump trick so, this boss was quite difficult and had two phases! 8/10 Fun boss and tough too
Carock - This boss could either be the easiest or the hardest, I like doing it without sitting in a corner and wow Carock is a force to be reckoned with! 9/10 Very, very tough
Gooma - Gooma was a little easy for me, Jump spell and get close to him. Hit him while ducking, jump repeat. 6/10 A little too easy but, that's just me
Barba - One of the toughest fights in the game. All Because of the lava pits. Barba is a good boss and one of my favorites. 8/10 Fact in the retranslation his name is Volvagia
Thunderbird - Thunderbird was a fun fight, and a tough one too. He deals massive damage and can take you down very quickly. 9/10 Don't forget the shield or thunder spells!

Shadow Link - The toughest fight in not only Zelda 2, but the entire series. Shadow link is quite easily on of the hardest battles in any game let alone Zelda. 10/10 if you don't use the corner

So the easiest boss in Zelda 2 is... Horsehead! and rightfully so!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now let's move onto A Link to the Past, one of the greatest Zelda titles to date, with some great bosses indeed!

Armos Knight - An interesting boss, considering there are six! one of my favorite fights in the game and a memorable one indeed! 2/10 Great first boss!]
Lanmola
- Another cool one since there are three of them! quite a bit more challenging than the previous boss, in less you use the ice rod! 3/10 Fun boss and gets harder near the end
Moldorm - A very irritating boss, because he can knock you off the sides which will result in restarting the entire battle, not too hard though. 3/10 Cool idea but irritating
Agahnim - Extremely fun fight in my opinion, and it has been mimicked many times in the zelda series! It's a lot of fun and quite difficult. 4/10 Fun!
Helmasaur - Here's where this game ranks up the difficulty. As that wizzrobe said.. you can't beat Helmasaur he's invincible! 11/10! ( but really 6/10 fun fight )
Arrghus - Arrghus was a cool fight, but not one of my favorites.. It's a little too easy and was made loads better in Majora's mask. 3/10 A little too easy at this point in the game
Mothula - This is really where the game gets hard. Mothula is probably the toughest boss in the game along with two others... the floor moves, the spikes move Mothula shoots you! 8/10 HARD!
Blind - Some people have lot's of trouble with Blind. Ever since I was a little four year old I would destroy him with little effort. 6/10 Blind=Helmethead
Kholdstare - A really interesting boss, and a tough one too. One of the toughest so far in Zelda 3. 7/10 Fun fight and cool boss! ( no pun intended )
Vitreous - My favorite boss in A Link to the Past. He's so different and all! He shoots lightning which has always fascinated me and he deals a lot of damage. 7/10 Cool!
Trinexx - One of the other three hardest fights in the game. Trinexx is probably the hardest in this game for me anyways. He's tough and fast and if you run out of magic.. uh oh. 9/10 tough
Agahnim2 - The second fight with Agahnim, although fun is too easy... not much harder than before. 6/10 Fun but again... easy

Ganon - Ganon is the other hardest boss. He's very tough, has many attacks and three phases. One of which he can knock you off the edges like moldorm. 8/10 Fun, hard.. good final boss.

So the easiest boss in A Link to the Past is... Armos Knight! again, rightfully so

Post your thoughts. I'll continue it for Link's Awakening, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask and the Oracles once I get the chance!

Last edited:
Now moving on to Link's awakening. Link's awakening seems to be very mixed meaning that some people find this boss hard while others find this boss hard. Again, these are my opinions so feel free to post your own please!

Moldorm - Moldorm is very similar to his link to the past counterpart. In fact it's the same only easier since you have the feather! 2/10 Easy but annoying
Genie - I found Genie very difficult for a second boss. He deals large amounts of damage and is difficult to dodge till you learn how. 5/10 Tough boss
Slime Eyes - ... Very annoying fight, I couldn't get him to split apart and in general didn't enjoy the fight too much. 4/10 Disappointing but that's just me
D.Poon - D.Poon is an odd name? Anyways I thought he was very easy if you just keep slashing he'll die very quickly. 2/10 Easy boss
Cueball - Cueball is very similar to Arrghus from link to the past. You must use the pegasus boots here though. 5/10 not too hard
Angler Fish - Easily on of the easiest boss in the game. Swim up to his weak point slash for 5 seconds and it's over. 1/10 Easy easy... easy
Gohma - Gohma is very reminiscent of Gohma in the original game. Not any easier or harder, pretty much the same fight but you can move around easier. 5/10 Eh..
Slime Eel - I liked this boss. One of the better bosses in Link's awakening. You have to keep moving around and avoid falling and getting hit. 4/10 Fun but easy
Facade - Again one of the easiest bosses in the game. He was made as a miniboss in a later game... in the earliest dungeons. 2/10 Easy, but kind of cool
Evil Eagle - Probably the most annoying boss in the game. Like moldorm he'll knock you off, just a lot more frequently. Not too hard though. 6/10 Cool boss
Hot Head - One of the two hardest bosses in the game. Hot Head isn't too tough to figure out, but deals a massive 4 hearts of damage! 7/10 tough boss
Nightmare - Many phases and all are rather tough. The final two phases are easily the hardest and this is one of the hardest final bosses in zelda history! 9/10 amazing fight!

And the easiest boss in Link's Awakening is... Angler Fish!

Last edited:

Big Octo

=^)
Well, I have similar opinions. The only thing I don't agree with is Carock in AoL, all you have to do is crouch with the reflect spell activated, so it's not much of a challenge. And did you know that you can defeat the Nightmare of Dethl in one hit with the boomerang? Another interesting fact.

Actually I know about the Carock fight and sitting in the corner. However, I'm talking about going to the middle of the room and fighting him. Give it a try, it's a nice challenge.

Yes I did know that haha. But again my list is mostly about the fight without using any tricks and such.

By the way. Hi Big Octo, I've seen you've been getting popular since I had left ZD for a while. It's nice to see you reply to my stuff (:

Rytex

Resident Netizen
I would say the easiest boss ever... would have to be Dethl from LA. One hit to the Eye with the boomerang and he's dead.

The hardest... Helmasaur King from ALttP. First thing you have to avoid hitting is itself. Next, the tail. Third, the fireballs. And once you smack its mask off with your hammer (which takes a while), it gets unbelievably faster, and it combo's the attacks.

After replaying Link's awakening I have to say.. many of the bosses are disappointing. I like the fights but quite a lot are too easy... My opinion rests the same with angler fish being the easiest but maybe lower all of the bosses
(save for Nightmare) down by one point

Pikacondon

Title.
I completely agree with all yiazmat's lists but one... kholdstare. TOO EASY. I used bombos medallion and it melted ALL his ice in 2 tries. picking off the small eyes was a piece of cake. I understand, maybe kholdstare hard cuz' you, Yiazmat,knowing how you play,probably didn't use the bombos medallion.

Last edited:
Very true.. Kholdstare can be very easy and yes I didn't use that method ^_^ . I like a challenge so why would I want to ruin it? I like that you at least said that that's how I play... If you hadn't it might have made me look bad D:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom