• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Boomerang in Link's Awakening

chrisbg99

OBEY THE FIST!
I just beat Link's Awakening again and despite beating it so much I never realized how insanely overpowered the boomerang is in the game. A lot of that is because in most Zelda games the boomerang has limited use, mostly for stunning enemies and grabbing distance items but rarely an effective offensive weapon.

So while useful it isn't a weapon of choice. I guess that bias against it carried over into LA for me but during this play through I used it a lot more than usual and found it more useful than I thought. I was actually quite shocked by how strong it was. I couldn't believe it killed the last boss in one hit, usually I just use the bow on him.

I guess they really wanted to make it worth your while to go through the whole collecting game to get it.

M

Myungster

Yes, the bomberang is intense in LA.
And I was thinking the exact same thing the last time I played, which was awhile ago, but reguardless...

LA was a strange installment to LoZ in the first place.

Besides some of the older versions, it doesn't take place in Hyrule.
Which, I think, was pretty cool.

Yeah considering you had to do the entire trading sequence to eventually get the boomerang, I'd say thats why they made it extra beefed up. Actually back in the day, and until recently, I was always under the impression that you had to bomb the cave on the beach and then just wait a while for the guy to move in there. It wasn't until I finished working on my Trading Sequence Guide that I realized what the whole thing was for, lol.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Yeah considering you had to do the entire trading sequence to eventually get the boomerang, I'd say thats why they made it extra beefed up. Actually back in the day, and until recently, I was always under the impression that you had to bomb the cave on the beach and then just wait a while for the guy to move in there. It wasn't until I finished working on my Trading Sequence Guide that I realized what the whole thing was for, lol.

Even though the trading sequence is mandatory to finish the game, cause you need it to get the Lens of Truth(or whatever it is called) to get the directions of the inside of the Wind Fish...
I really hated how the Boomerang completely pawns Nightmare's last form, like, having the Lv.2 Sword and the Red Tunic weren't enough, he is completely pawned by the Boomerang-.-

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
Ya, the boomerang in Link's Awakening is quite rediculous. When I first was playing through Link's Awakening years ago, I don't ever remember actually getting the Boomerang. It wasn't until I started working on some guides for Link's Awakening that I found out how ridiculously powerful the Boomerang was.

It pretty much kills almost every single enemy with a single hit. Even better, it kills some enemies, like sparks, in one hit, and those guys couldn't be killed with any other weapon at all. For some guys, the boomerang worked, but was actually weaker than other weapons. Against the Armos or the Anti-Kirby creatures, bombs were more effective.

Nevertheless, I thought the Boomerang was a good addition to Link's Awakening. I liked that Link got it late in the game and that it was quite useful. Too often in Zelda games, Link finds a weapon late in the game but it is not exactly useful at all, and thus, it seems like a wasted inventory space. With the boomerang, it wasn't required, it took some work to get, Link got it late in the game, and it was extremely useful. A perfect formula. I liked the boomerang in Link's Awakening.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Ya, the boomerang in Link's Awakening is quite rediculous. When I first was playing through Link's Awakening years ago, I don't ever remember actually getting the Boomerang. It wasn't until I started working on some guides for Link's Awakening that I found out how ridiculously powerful the Boomerang was.

It pretty much kills almost every single enemy with a single hit. Even better, it kills some enemies, like sparks, in one hit, and those guys couldn't be killed with any other weapon at all. For some guys, the boomerang worked, but was actually weaker than other weapons. Against the Armos or the Anti-Kirby creatures, bombs were more effective.

Nevertheless, I thought the Boomerang was a good addition to Link's Awakening. I liked that Link got it late in the game and that it was quite useful. Too often in Zelda games, Link finds a weapon late in the game but it is not exactly useful at all, and thus, it seems like a wasted inventory space. With the boomerang, it wasn't required, it took some work to get, Link got it late in the game, and it was extremely useful. A perfect formula. I liked the boomerang in Link's Awakening.

The last part of your post is very true *cough*Dominion Rod*cough*... Yet, even though it is very powerful, it takes away the fun of the last boss battle... Killing Dehtl with only one hit is ridiculous

M

mamu mamu

Its even more ridiculous when you have the flying rooster with you, because then you fly where they cant hit you and the boomerang pwns them

A

Antares376

Killing Dehtl with only one hit is ridiculous
Oh yes, they most definitely went through the roof with *that*... o_O

It's singlehandedly the only case I have ever heard of where you can *legitemately*, without exploiting any cheats/bugs/glitches, kill a final boss in one hit... :huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom