• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

book arranging...

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
when you organise books... how do you organise them like by author, series, height, colour??

Ganondorf

"Dandori Issue"
Uh... chunks? I suppose academic/studies books are in their own area & ordered by title, unless they're oversized & need to be put elsewhere. As we don't want our fantasy novels mixing with our religious studies books when we need those, lol. Fantasy & that general genre are then sorted by title, barring oddities. Art books only go with art books in a seperate area, as all of them tend to be oversized & tall or too long. I guess whatever can fit whatever. We have such a huge variety of books that a lot of it currently is hugely disorganized & shelves are sagging under the weight. I never sort by author because my memory is poor & we rarely have anything by the same author, or like- I don't want Vyasa (Mahābhārata) to be at the end of the shelf if I sorted by author? Dunno we're a mess due to my partner & I mixing academic books with stuff like Battletech novels. Alphabetical is about the best we can get.

DivineDragoness

Bombergirl Xtreme
Definitely by series, but the actual order outside of that is more aesthetic and what I think is going to be used the soonest. I have a few indie graphic novels like that, it's really amazing how good some of the spines look for them :)

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
I have them organized in a way that I understand and can easily use, but it would take a very long essay to explain why, which is how I organize most things to the chagrin of basically anybody that asks.

Like, I have a collection of over 800 blu-ray and DVD titles and they are organized in a more complex way than I think anybody who shares the hobby would ever, but if you ask me to find one I will pretty much be able to find it instantly depending on how recently I've added new stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom