• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Book and Movie Quotes.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
Okay lets get this thread started up again.

"You know what we call motorcycles around here, Ace?"
"No. What?"
"Donor-cycles."
"Donor-cycles. I like that"
"You would." - Carol and Ace from ER

"Together again, huh?"
"Wouldn't miss it."
"How we doin'?"
"Same as always."
"That bad, huh?" - Han Solo and Luke from Star Wars Return of the Jedi

"Whose motorcycle is this?"
"It's a chopper, baby."
"Whose chopper is this?"
"It's Zed's."
"Who's Zed?"
"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Fabienne and Butch from Pulp Fiction

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
"I am Jack's smirking revenge. "

"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything."

And best quote from Fight Club goes too....

"You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your ****ing khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world."

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
Sorry I couldn't stop with Fight Club. So here are some Donnie Darko quotes.

"First of all, Papa Smurf didn't create Smurfette. Gargamel did. She was sent in as Gargamel's evil spy with the intention of destroying the Smurf village. But the overwhelming goodness of the Smurf way of life transformed her. And as for the whole gang-bang scenario - It just couldn't happen. Smurfs are asexual. They don't even have reproductive organs under those little white pants. That's what's so illogical, you know, about being a Smurf. What's the point of living... if you don't have a dick?"

"Of course. The rabbit's not like us. It has no history books, no photographs, no knowledge of sorrow or regret. I mean, I'm sorry, Miss Pommeroy. Don't get me wrong. You know, I like rabbits and all. They're cute and they're horny. And if you're cute and you're horny, then you're probably happy that you don't know who you are or why you're even alive. You just wanna have sex as many times as possible before you die. I just don't see the point in crying over a dead rabbit, you know, who never even feared death to begin with"

Donnie: Why are u wearing that stupid bunny suit?
Frank: Why are u wearing that stupid man suit?

So many more. But I will stop.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
Gone With The Wind:

"There was a land of Cavaliers and Cotton Fields called the Old South... Here in this pretty world Gallantry took its last bow... Here was the last ever to be seen of Knights and their Ladies Fair, of Master and of Slave... Look for it only in books, for it is no more than a dream remembered. A Civilization gone with the wind..." (title card for the movie)

Scarlett: But if you leave where shall I go? What will I do?
Rhett: Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

Harry Potter (books)

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light" Albus Dumbledore, Prisoner of Azkaban

"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals" Sirius Black, Goblet of Fire

Albus II: Why are they all staring?
Ron: Don't let it worry you, it's me. I'm extremely famous" Ron Weasley, Deathly Hallows

The Old Kingdom Series

"Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?" The Book of the Dead, Sabriel

"Maybe if I act well enough, I'll come to believe it myself" Lirael, Abhorsen

"Choosers will be beggars if the begging's not their choosing" The Disreputable Dog, Lirael

"Everyone and everything has a time to die" Terciel, Sabriel

"It's always better to be doing" The Disreputable Dog, Lirael

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
"Hurry! We gotta beat the rush hour, and... IT'S NIGHT!" - Judy Hopps from Zootopia

"Chewie... we're home." Han Solo from The Force Awakens

"Watch the thrust. We're going out of here at lightspeed."
"From inside the hangar? Is that even possible?"
"I never ask that question 'till after I've done it." Han Solo and Ray

It's been too long and I miss this thread so I decided to revive it again. Have fun :wynaut:

TattooArtist

I'm the B and my boyfriend is the T in LGBT ❤
Anyone have any quotes from a movie and/or book that you just need to shout out right now.

Like:

"Oh, you can't help that, we're all mad here." - Cheshire Cat from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.

"Come to negotiate, eh? Have you, you slimy git? Look what I got. I got a jar of dirt, I got a jar of dirt, and guess what's inside it!" - Captain Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean.

Edit: You guys can post other quotes from TV shows and video games, I don't really care I'm not that strict. Also I have been posting a bunch of Doctor Who quotes so yeah.

"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you gonna get" 1 its a classic 2 its from a cool film and 3 it includes chocolate.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
"If either of you use my name again, I will remove your organs in alphabetical order. Any questions?"
"Which alphabet?" - River and The Doctor - Doctor Who The Husbands of River Song

"That is not the Queen of England! That is an alien duplicate!"
"And you can take it from him, he's really checked."
"Oh, shut up."
"Venom sacs in the tongue."
"Seriously, stop it." - 10th Doctor and 11th Doctor - The Day of the Doctor

"Kidneys! I've got new kidneys! I don't like the color."
"Of your kidneys? What's happening?"
"We're probably crashing. Oh!"
"Into what?"
"Stay clam! just one question, do you happen to know how to fly this thing?" - The Doctor and Clara - The Time of the Doctor

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”

“All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.”

"If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him. If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant. If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them. If sovereign and subject are in accord, put division between them. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected .”

“To know your Enemy, you must become your Enemy.”

― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Sun Tzu is boss

Last edited:

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl
Norrington: You are, without doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of.
Jack Sparrow: But you have heard of me.

The Vampire Diaries
Silas: What I don't get is why she likes you
Damon: That's because you haven't had sex with me

Bridget Jones' Diary
Bridget: Thank you, Daniel, that is very good to know. But if staying here means working within 10 yards of you, frankly, I'd rather have a job wiping Saddam Hussein's arse.

Mark Darcy: I don't think you're an idiot at all. I mean, there are elements of the ridiculous about you. Your mother's pretty interesting. And you really are an appallingly bad public speaker. And, um, you tend to let whatever's in your head come out of your mouth without much consideration of the consequences... But the thing is, um, what I'm trying to say, very inarticulately, is that, um, in fact, perhaps despite appearances, I like you, very much. Just as you are.

Richard Finch: Why do you wanna work on television?

Bridget: I've got to leave my job because I shagged my boss.

Richard Finch: Fair enough. Start on Monday.

Sex And The City
‘I will not be judged by you or society. I will wear whatever and blow whomever I want as long as I can breathe – and kneel.’ Samantha Jones

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
"Never mind that. We found the case! According to SOMEONE, "the murderer has the case," and we found it in the hands of our favorite psychopath."
"I'm not a psychopath, Anderson. I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Anderson and Sherlock - Sherlock A Study In Pink

"And exactly how many times did he fall out of a window?"
"It's all a bit of a blur, Detective Inspector. I lost count." - Lestrade and Sherlock - Sherlock A Scandal in Belgravia

“I don’t like anything here at all.” said Frodo, “step or stone, breath or bone. Earth, air and water all seem accursed. But so our path is laid.”

“Yes, that’s so,” said Sam, “And we shouldn’t be here at all, if we’d known more about it before we started. But I suppose it’s often that way. The brave things in the old tales and songs, Mr. Frodo, adventures, as I used to call them. I used to think that they were things the wonderful folk of the stories went out and looked for, because they wanted them, because they were exciting and life was a bit dull, a kind of a sport, as you might say. But that’s not the way of it with the tales that really mattered, or the ones that stay in the mind. Folk seem to have been just landed in them, usually their paths were laid that way, as you put it. But I expect they had lots of chances, like us, of turning back, only they didn’t. And if they had, we shouldn’t know, because they’d have been forgotten. We hear about those as just went on, and not all to a good end, mind you; at least not to what folk inside a story and not outside it call a good end. You know, coming home, and finding things all right, though not quite the same; like old Mr Bilbo. But those aren’t always the best tales to hear, though they may be the best tales to get landed in! I wonder what sort of a tale we’ve fallen into?”

“I wonder,” said Frodo, “But I don’t know. And that’s the way of a real tale. Take any one that you’re fond of. You may know, or guess, what kind of a tale it is, happy-ending or sad-ending, but the people in it don’t know. And you don’t want them to.”
J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
"Okay, anybody on our side hiding any shocking and fantastic abilities they'd like to disclose? I'm open to suggestions." Tony Stark from Captain America Civil War

"You'll die defending this world, Mister..."
"Doctor!"
"Mister Doctor?"
"It's Strange!"
"Maybe, who am I to judge?" - Kaecilius and Doctor Strange

"My philosophy is if you worry, you suffer twice." - Newt Scamander from Fantastic Beast and Where to Find Them.

"Well, at least I won't die alone."
[Spock is teleported away]
"Well, that's just typical." - Bones from Star Trek Beyond

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom