• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

MM-3DS Biggest Hold up in game?

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I know most people would claim the 3 day limit is what would hold you up when advancing in the game after all you can only do so much in a day but fact is it's not the biggest limiter, if pushed you could clear two regions of Termina and collect all heart pieces that are available at that point, I've certainly done it (easiest on the first two regions).

So the question is what in the world of Termina always holds you up or takes up more time than you think it actually needs, i normally claim its the Romani Ranch sidequests due to the requirements needed for it but honestly i'd say it's Pinnacle rock, for me ( i have a fear of deep sea) it's a foreboding place and visually it's quite intimidating, you are literally sinking into a nest of really large sea serpents to gather eggs which 9/10 times i can get the right snakes straight away i end up always a day and half gather those final few eggs.

The Zora Egg collection is probably the most annoyingly tedious thing for me, you have to go through the entire gerudo hideout to find some eggs and then break off in the middle because you only have maybe 2 bottles 3 at the most and so you have to go drop those off then come back, then you either get lucky with finding the way to pinnacle rock or use a seahorse to get there and waste yet more time on collecting the final three, granted it's nice to finish it but it's always tedious.

And for honorable mentions it goes between those evil beavers just because of the 2nd race i can clear the first relatively easy but the 2nd and 4th race are really unfair in terms of swimming, can't go to fast nor to slow. Goron Races get the 2nd mention due to the damn goron AI, if you are in first they rubberband in front of you flat out knock you out of the way losing you the race.

How about you people?

Salem

SICK
  • The beginning of the game before you get the ocarina, not even kidding.
  • the sword upgrade side quest, everything from the race to the bombs
  • actually, a lot of the in-between dungeons can get annoying, from the talk to this person and then that person etc.

Collecting the Zora Eggs. Particularly the Pirate's Fort, the sea snake thing is a minor, but fairly quick annoyance. The first time I went down it was night and didn't see the giant snake until it hit me.

Another is that stupid trade quest in the well coupled with clearing Ikana Castle. The 2nd time I went through I forgot to bring the powder keg and had to go all the way back and all the way through. It was horrible

Gorman Bros race- I suck at racing, so I make my kid do it in exchange for getting all the stray fairies

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Collecting the Stray Fairies in the Stone Tower Temple would definitely be up there since it's incredibly tedious on top of actually completing the dungeon itself. Other than that, I'd say everything between getting access to the Great Bay up until entering the temple; that was one giant hold up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom