• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Best System UI?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Game systems w/ a UI (user interface) have been around for a few generations now, so my question is which system do you think has the best UI? I'd prefer if you had some experience w/ the main 3 in the past couple generations, but I know that's asking a lot, so which system did it best from what you've seen?

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
I'd say the system that best combined simplicity with useful functions is still the PS3. Everything is easily found while having a very nice appearance, IMO.

I've seen the PS4 UI, and it's similar, but it doesn't look as user friendly as the PS3. Although I'd have to use it for myself to know for sure. Can't speak for Xbox, since I've never owned a MS console. Nintendo consoles are overall fine with their UI. Never flashy, but functional.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
I'd say the system that best combined simplicity with useful functions is still the PS3. Everything is easily found while having a very nice appearance, IMO.

I've seen the PS4 UI, and it's similar, but it doesn't look as user friendly as the PS3. Although I'd have to use it for myself to know for sure. Can't speak for Xbox, since I've never owned a MS console. Nintendo consoles are overall fine with their UI. Never flashy, but functional.
it's weird, I liked it on the PSP, but on the PS3 it didn't feel quite right to me, maybe b/c I was used to it on a handheld, who knows

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I liked the 3DS with it's folder system, all my games were organized and easy to find. Wish the Switch would add that feature. Also the themes were a lot of fun, another feature the Switch needs.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
if the switch had themes it'd absolutely be the best
for now I guess I'd have to say 3DS
PS4 is very convoluted, with way too many settings on the header bar, and a bunch of random info in the dropdowns

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I'm a big fan of the Switch UI's simplicity, though I'll admit I dislike its lack of customization. Though it's not something I tend to focus on, I'm a big fan of being able to use your preferred themes when it comes to console UI. Unfortunately, the Switch's UI is super slick, but not very customizable.

Quin

Disaster Master
I hated the PS3 and 4's, there was just too much fodder you couldn't get rid off. The themes were great.

My vote probably goes to the wii. the idea of channels was neat and it was pretty customizable

I'm a big fan of the Switch UI's simplicity, though I'll admit I dislike its lack of customization. Though it's not something I tend to focus on, I'm a big fan of being able to use your preferred themes when it comes to console UI. Unfortunately, the Switch's UI is super slick, but not very customizable.
I agree with this mostly. The only addition I would like is to have the all games grid be easier/quicker to access and not have to scroll across to the end of the short horizontal list every time. The sort options for this grid of games is adequate though.

I hated the PS3 and 4's, there was just too much fodder you couldn't get rid off.
I had to make a folder (I called it garbage), to put in the apps the system would not let me delete Non game stuff that really just gets in the ay of quick access to the games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom