• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Best final boss fight

Another simple thread, I've recently finished Tales of Xillia 2 and the last fight was really something. so much so that it got m thinking about other final boss fights and where Xillia 2 ranks among them.

Then i figured i'd open it up, which are your favourite final boss fights?

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
There's so many to choose from, but the most recent one I can think of would be Metal Gear Rising's final Boss. It was just... what is happening. But I really enjoyed it, was a very well made and quite unique final confrontation. Great ending to a great game.

Doragon-purinsesu

Every experience can be a lesson - or a curse.
maybe not the best, but the boss fight I worked towards the hardest was playing through kingdoms of amalur. I have 160+ hrs on that game and I still haven't done everything. I just decided to get the teeth of naros DLC to continue on...

The boss was a *****. just figuring it out took me forever and a few saves. But well worth it. looking forward to speed run that one

Djinn

and Tonic
I always like it when a final boss fight is more of a normal fight than some extra special gimmick that a lot of games love to add.

I really like the Kefka fight from FF6

The last boss in Brave Fencer Musashi was good too, it was probably one of the very few non gimmick fights in the game

Vergil from DMC3 was pretty fun for again being a normal fight instead of a giant monster

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
Hmm, there's the final fight from Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Fire Emblem: Awakening, and Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3. So, I don't know, I pick all of them.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
Kai Leng from Mass Effect 3 because

throughout the game you want literally nothing more in the world than to kill his ****ing ass, and getting to do so in the manner the game allows you to is orgasmic. Thane was one of my favorite characters from Mass Effect 2, so they couldn't have made it better.

Kai Leng from Mass Effect 3 because

throughout the game you want literally nothing more in the world than to kill his ****ing ass, and getting to do so in the manner the game allows you to is orgasmic. Thane was one of my favorite characters from Mass Effect 2, so they couldn't have made it better.

That wasn't really the final boss fight though.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
That wasn't really the final boss fight though.

That's because I didn't read the title of the thread correctly. I was just thinking boss fights, in general.

But though, what would you consider the final boss fight in ME 3? I'm trying to think of what would qualify as that. At least a final boss fight in the more traditional full sequence of combat sense.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
Vergil from DMC3 was pretty fun for again being a normal fight instead of a giant monster
Oh hell yeah I totally agree, the new DMC was the same way. Just amazing.

The final battle with Sigma in Mega Man X4 was really good, as was the entire game, probably my favorite Mega Man game.

Abbadon from Darksides was pretty awesome... Darksiders is a completely underrated game.

But though, what would you consider the final boss fight in ME 3? I'm trying to think of what would qualify as that. At least a final boss fight in the more traditional full sequence of combat sense.

Oh there really isn't one in ME3. If you're counting QTE, then it's the Illusive Man, but ME3 lacked one.

Why has no one mentioned the final boss of Metal Gear Rising? THAT is a final boss.
The final boss of The Wonderful 101? THAT is a final boss.

Platinum know how to make final boss fights and they're always SOOOO good. Hell, the FIRST boss fights in many of their games feel like what final boss fights would be. And they're the FIRST ones. It only ramps up!

If you want boss fights in games that are spectacles and also fun as heck, go with any Platinum game! They're all pretty amazing for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom