• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Behind the Mask: Death Rises and Death's World

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
Look Back: Behind the Mask Death Rises - Darksiders Dungeon

Darksiders II – Behind the Mask: Death’s World - Darksiders Dungeon

These are two videos trailers of the developers talking about some of the game aspects, locations, and characters in Darksiders II. The first was released back in January, but the second one is brand new and just was posted a few days back.

The White City was mentioned and briefly shown in a cutscene during the first Darksiders, but we haven't actually been able to go there. It's not exactly Heaven, but I'm anxious to see that type of environment in the Darksiders setting.

White City looks amazing. I've always loved those heaven-type areas in video games. I remember Babylon from the original Sonic Riders game a few years back, and another one of my favorite areas inspired by heaven probably is where you fight Elysium in the recent Soul Calibur 5.

Great videos, Mases. I seem to be tossing the term around extremely liberally in regards to the game but Darksiders II is simply "badass". Death is a lean, mean killing machine! The scythe definitely fits him well and numerous combat approaches such as single or dual wielding and mounting a horse definitely offer interesting in game prospects. I find it great that the developers created such comprehensive videos explaining who Death is and what he symbolizes as a character.

White City is the perfect juxtaposition to Death's character and the majority of the game's environments such as the Eternal Throne and Death Plains. It's great how the developers are trying to provide a world with much interaction and tasks to complete. I felt like that element was missing in recent success stories of the Action-Adventure genre such as The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Was it me or is everyone hoping we get a giant scythe to wipe out the foes? No just me? ooookkkkkkaaay then that kinda makes me wierd, I WANT THIS GAME.

Was it me or is everyone hoping we get a giant scythe to wipe out the foes? No just me?.

NAAH, I would! Are there any other games where the scythe is a weapon? There must be,but I cant think of any off the top of my head right now.

But then again I always enjoyed Death's meanings and the scythes significance in historical and mythological fashions as well.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
NAAH, I would! Are there any other games where the scythe is a weapon? There must be,but I cant think of any off the top of my head right now.

But then again I always enjoyed Death's meanings and the scythes significance in historical and mythological fashions as well.

Gotta agree there i went through all of darksiders using only the havester except for the parts you have to do with the sword (i love the crowd control)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom