• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Beedle is from the Surfaceworld in Skyward Sword

Judgement

Vile? I am a sorcerer now.
I understand your point, Rambo, and I like your theory about changing existing landscapes in following games to keep things interesting (and not bland). However, it does not give us confirmation that the lands we do not see (the lands below the clouds that we can’t reach ingame) are the regions you mentioned. There simply is no proof of there being an Akkala in SS, for example. Going by your logic, I could also argue that those regions were just added in BotW in order to make the world bigger and more interesting. Of course there are similar areas in different games, and those similar areas could represent the same thing, even if they have different names. I’m all on board with that. But we just can’t confirm/verify that future regions were already in an earlier timeline game, especially if there is no clue those regions existed and especially if we’re talking about a game like SS, which is the first game in the official timeline. There’s three dimensions after OoT, which means three versions of Hyrule at the very least from that point on. So, what I wanted to say was that those overcast areas could be anything — yes, they could be Akkala etc, but they could also just not be. And I would say it’s a pretty big assumption to claim that those overcast areas are the four regions you named. Very interesting discussion, though! And I will make a picture of me in a Tingle costume if someday we can confirm what those regions are and you turn out to be proven right.

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
I understand your point, Rambo, and I like your theory about changing existing landscapes in following games to keep things interesting (and not bland). However, it does not give us confirmation that the lands we do not see (the lands below the clouds that we can’t reach ingame) are the regions you mentioned. There simply is no proof of there being an Akkala in SS, for example. Going by your logic, I could also argue that those regions were just added in BotW in order to make the world bigger and more interesting. Of course there are similar areas in different games, and those similar areas could represent the same thing, even if they have different names. I’m all on board with that. But we just can’t confirm/verify that future regions were already in an earlier timeline game, especially if there is no clue those regions existed and especially if we’re talking about a game like SS, which is the first game in the official timeline. There’s three dimensions after OoT, which means three versions of Hyrule at the very least from that point on. So, what I wanted to say was that those overcast areas could be anything — yes, they could be Akkala etc, but they could also just not be. And I would say it’s a pretty big assumption to claim that those overcast areas are the four regions you named. Very interesting discussion, though! And I will make a picture of me in a Tingle costume if someday we can confirm what those regions are and you turn out to be proven right.
Never the less, EVERY Zelda game set in Hyrule aims to have a Volcanic region, a Forest region, a Desert region, and Aquatic region. And as of Twilight Princess, the naming of said regions has been Eldin, Faron, Gerudo, and Lanayru. Snowpeak in Twilight Princess could be described as the Hebra Region.

My point is that Hyrule, though it's layout changes each game; has consistent landmark features.
  • The Lost Woods
  • Death Mountain
  • Lake Hylia
  • Hyrule Field
  • Kakariko Village
  • Hyrule Castle
  • The Gerudo Desert
And the reason I bring up these regions is because we do not KNOW what is underneath the cloud layers. BUT since we cannot find the Horned Colossus Beetle in any of the explorable regions of Hyrule, then it MUST be native to somewhere else in the game that we cannot explore. And Beedle has such a bug in his possession.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom