• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Battle of The Web Browsers

Which browser is the best?

• Opera

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Firefox

• Internet Explorer

• Safari

• Flock (It's made by Mozilla Firefox)

• Google Chrome

• Other

• Total voters
Preformancewise is the latest IE (8) and Fx very much alike, but Fx is loading hmtl, javascript and flash faster if you run tests about it. And Fx is, which I find is it's real triumph, soooo much more customizable. There's millions of add-ons to firefox, just to tweak the look or preformance so it matches your personal use of a browser, or just separate programs like download tools, media players or even study programs that corporates with the internet perfectly. And then there's small, intelligent designs like the source code, filling the navigation bar with either the URL or banner of the website, improved session surfing, waaaaay higher security...

Conclusion: Fx > IE. Anyday.

I'm going to be blunt and say I don't give a hoot about any of that.

All I want is the freaking internet.

Amelie

Air Dancer
:dry:

Really, IE is just as fast as Firefox for me. I can't see a difference between the two.

It still is not nearly as secure as Firefox or Safari. In fact. I dont think any web browser is a secure as safari. I might be wrong but it would make since because it is Apple.

Amelie

Air Dancer
I mean secure like virus and pop up secure. And yes it actually warns you when a website is suspected for scams ^^

Thats why even if firefox is faster. Safari is easyer and much more secure. Thats why it gets my vote ^^

M

MagnumPrimers

Safari is only worth using (like all other Apple programs) on a Mac. They're slow on a PC.

Firefox is basically the path to e-salvation.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I've had the issue before, but I don't know if it was here that I brought it up or not. It seems like I'm the only person ever who finds IE to be much faster than FF. I find FF just takes too long to load, and IE can do it right away.

Amelie

Air Dancer
It is true that Safari is quite a bit slower on PC then on a Mac. I use Safari on my Mac and it is the fastest web browser I have ever used. My computer also came with Opera and I have tried Firefox to but Safari leaves all of them. IE included in the dust when it comes to ease of use and speed.

What is great about Firefox is how you can customize it and add all sorts of things. I might download firefox again just to set up some custom themes ^^

Safari.
When I used a PC, Internet Explorer was slow.
But now I'm using a Mac, and Safari (I believe the Macs have it by default) now kicks Internet Explorer's butt.

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
Personally, I'm a Firefox guy. I really like the way it works. I've been using it for years, so switching to anything else would feel weird. Plus, I'm pretty loyal. Once I find something I like, I stick to it.... so..... Firefox has my vote.

Amelie

Air Dancer
I finally got my father to install Firefox on his Vista machine at work and he loves it! He says he has never used a faster web browser on Windows.

So it goes like this for me.

On a Windows computer Firefox > Safari > Opera > IE

On a Macintosh Safari > Firefox > Opera > IE

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
First off Firefox can do everything that Opera and Safari can, with add-ons. And it can do more than that as well. Much more. It is clearly superior in that respect.

Although they seemed to have messed up in version 3 and it is crashing and locking up a lot more than version 2 ever did. I hope they fix that soon. It can get annoying at times. If there is a vandal strike on Zelda Wiki, I'll typically hop over to Google Chrome to take care of it. It may be lacking on features next to Firefox, but at least it is fast and stable. Perfect for vandal hunting when time is critical. For normal internet stuff or wiki editing, I stay with Firefox.

GoroLink

Goron Hero of the Winds
I'm currently using Firefox, although I've tried Safari, IE and Chrome aswell. Always gone back to FF, just gotta love it.

And the huge amount of AddOns just makes FF even better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom