• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Batreaux

I don't think they're the same – concept art and ingame models are known to resemble each other, but that doesn't guarantee anything. Batreaux may have been involved in fighting the predecessor's to the Skyloftians, but at this point it is really just up to Nintendo. We could always ask the big man of ZD, but I think he cannot do that at this time.

Are you implying that Batreaux is a retired member of the Dark Tribe? Oh and I'm sure ZD is bustling with finishing SS and posting a walkthorugh ;)

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Like I already said in another thread, I don't think that those blurry figures from the intro all represent actual in-game characters 1:1. They're really just sketches with very low detail and you could assign anyone to any of these guys. For example the middle one = Demise? Yeah, if I wanted to I could also point out similarities between Kermit the frog and the middle character. Or anyone else. Nah, I just don't buy it that they were that super-accurate with the intro, rather I think they just showed some generic "evil guys".

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
Ok, I think you're taking this a little too seriously. I mean, he's a side-quest. And side-quests don't usually involve major characters like this.

Besides, if he were one of the lords then that must mean that him and Ghirahim are made of the same evil...stuff...;)

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I don't think you can argue that the Skyward Sword intro is depicting any demons in particular, only that it's broadly showing the entirety of the Demon Tribe. The only one that could potentially be directly depicted is of course the Demon King. So in other words, I don't think Batreaux is shown in the video at all; sorta seems like you're just grasping at what's there. Really the horns are indicative of nothing, and even if they were, Batreaux has an exceedingly generic demon looking, so I wouldn't expect his similarity to a horned figure defined as a demon to be anything worth noting.

I only use this picture because of the fact that Ghirahim is depicted in it. I know the argument isn't incredibly strong, and I know there's not an incredible amount of evidence for it, but that's why I said I don't necessarily believe it.

You act like people reform because they can no longer win, which is utterly false. That's not reforming, that just giving up.

If that's how I came across, that was in no way my intention. I'm simply stating repentance is always an option.

For a person to reform they would actually have to renounce what they did and strive to be better, and such a thing does happen. Considering that Batreaux is a demon in a game where the antagonists are demons, he has to have some connection, even if it's possibly never explored (and I do doubt Batreaux will be important from a plot standpoint).

I don't think he's a big part of the plot, either. It seems he's just going to be part of some side-quest like with the cursed family in OoT or Jovani in TP. That doesn't mean he can't once have been one of the Demon Lords, though.

Besides, if he were one of the lords then that must mean that him and Ghirahim are made of the same evil...stuff...;)

Evil...stuff? What?

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
You act like people reform because they can no longer win, which is utterly false. That's not reforming, that just giving up. For a person to reform they would actually have to renounce what they did and strive to be better, and such a thing does happen. Considering that Batreaux is a demon in a game where the antagonists are demons, he has to have some connection, even if it's possibly never explored (and I do doubt Batreaux will be important from a plot standpoint).

I would come up with some sort of comment to that...but there's a lot of words in there that I don't understand. XD

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Like I already said in another thread, I don't think that those blurry figures from the intro all represent actual in-game characters 1:1. They're really just sketches with very low detail and you could assign anyone to any of these guys. For example the middle one = Demise? Yeah, if I wanted to I could also point out similarities between Kermit the frog and the middle character. Or anyone else. Nah, I just don't buy it that they were that super-accurate with the intro, rather I think they just showed some generic "evil guys".

I'm assuming they didn't want to reveal how he looked in the opening. I mean, really, I was shocked when they showed us Demise's design. I would never have expected them to show the final boss of the game in any form or fashion. But Ghirahim is clearly depicted in every way, so that's the reason I used the picture.

Vibed

must read before he posts
I only use this picture because of the fact that Ghirahim is depicted in it. I know the argument isn't incredibly strong, and I know there's not an incredible amount of evidence for it, but that's why I said I don't necessarily believe it.
Wait, it does? Oh, I guess your edit does reflect that sentiment.

If that's how I came across, that was in no way my intention. I'm simply stating repentance is always an option.
Pretty sure he was referring to Dray there.

I don't think he's a big part of the plot, either. It seems he's just going to be part of some side-quest like with the cursed family in OoT or Jovani in TP. That doesn't mean he can't once have been one of the Demon Lords, though.
I wonder, do we even need to know the whole gratitude crystal sidequest he's connected to even exists?

Evil...stuff? What?
You should know by now, all evil is made of wibbly, wobbly, slimy, wimy, stuff. :lol:

Anyways, I do like the idea! I just think it was brought up with too little supporting it.

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
There is a small little theory I'm not sure if others have mentioned, but perhaps he is the games Jovani? Maybe he was once a human, and turned into a Demon by some evil curse, and wishes to be human again?

I bet that's exactly what he is.:)

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
I'm assuming they didn't want to reveal how he looked in the opening. I mean, really, I was shocked when they showed us Demise's design. I would never have expected them to show the final boss of the game in any form or fashion. But Ghirahim is clearly depicted in every way, so that's the reason I used the picture.
Well, I may be in a minority with this, but in my opinion it's no way as crystal-clear as some people think that the guy on the left is really Ghirahim.

Skyward-Sword-Intro1.jpg

Ears: As far as I can see, all similarity between him and Ghirahim are the pointy ears, which means nothing to me because even all Hylians have pointy ears.
Hair: We can't even see if that guy is bald or has hair (it's too blurry) and which style or colour it is, therefore no comparison can be made to Ghirahim. In case of doubt I'd rather vote against it because Ghirahim has quite long hair which should be visible in the silhouette but it's not.
Eyes: Ghirahim's eyes are quite big and horizontal and line up with his ears, while the guy in the intro seems to have crescent-like eyes which are almost vertical at the outer sides.
Mouth: Same here, the intro guy has a very large and bent mouth while Ghirahim's is rather small and horizontal too.
Clothing: Not much to say here, intro guy seems to wear a thick wrapped winter coat while Ghirahim usually has a lighter coat (not wrapped) or no clothing at all..

Sorry, I'm not convinced.

I know that speculation and spotting patterns is fun and we Zelda fans (including me) do it all the time but we shouldn't sell it as fact unless we're 100% sure.

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
Ears: As far as I can see, all similarity between him and Ghirahim are the pointy ears, which means nothing to me because even all Hylians have pointy ears.
Hair: We can't even see if that guy is bald or has hair (it's too blurry) and which style or colour it is, therefore no comparison can be made to Ghirahim. In case of doubt I'd rather vote against it because Ghirahim has quite long hair which should be visible in the silhouette but it's not.
Eyes: Ghirahim's eyes are quite big and horizontal and line up with his ears, while the guy in the intro seems to have crescent-like eyes which are almost vertical at the outer sides.
Mouth: Same here, the intro guy has a very large and bent mouth while Ghirahim's is rather small and horizontal too.
Clothing: Not much to say here, intro guy seems to wear a thick wrapped winter coat while Ghirahim usually has a lighter coat (not wrapped) or no clothing at all..

Frst of all, the reason you can't see the hair is because it's rounded off on the side.
2nd, the reason the eyes are different is because of the art style of the painting.
3rd, same thing with the mouth, it's due to the art style.
4th, Ghirahim doesn't always go around wearing the skimpy outfit, in case you haven't seen the full video or his official artwork (which is pretty hard, considering it's everywhere) he wears a long cloak over his skimpy outfit.
Finally, who else WOULD it be? I mean, his title is Demon Lord Ghirahim and the guys in the painting are reffered to as the Demon Tribe. Do you think there's another guy who just happens to look like Ghirahim running around?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom