• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Batreaux

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Note: I know he's not evil, but who's to say he wouldn't be remorseful after generations of Demise being sealed after being defeated by Hylia? I'm also not saying I believe he is the guy in the picture, I just noticed a similarity (which I only used because of Ghirahim being depicted in the picture). Please don't treat this like it's a stupid idea.

So, we actually get to see what this guy named Batreaux, a demon who wants to be a human, looks like. Upon seeing him, my mind went to this guy right here:

demontribe.jpg

Now, here's Batreaux:

batreaux.jpg

So, what do you think? Could they be the same? Or is this just a coincidence? You tell me.

Last edited:

Vibed

must read before he posts
Cool idea, but there doesn't really seem to be that much evidence for it besides his horns. Anyways, why would one of the six evil lords repent and want to become a human?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Cool idea, but there doesn't really seem to be that much evidence for it. Besides, why would one of the six evil lords repent and want to become a human?

That question isn't very valid. Who's to say he wouldn't want to?

Well, considering that he doesn't try to kill you, and wants your help, I kinda doubt that he's evil.

Think about this for a second. Does he really have to be evil after generations and after being defeated by Hylia? I wouldn't post this without thinking about that sort of thing.

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
Why would he stop being evil when Ghirahim still is? There's obviously still hope of reviving his master. And if he were as evil as Ghirahim don't you suppose he would try to revive the master with Ghirahim?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
That's not a strong argument. Evil is evil, there's no reason to believe any villain would repent.

So you're saying no one evil ever repents? That's a pretty shallow view.

Why would he stop being evil when Ghirahim still is? There's obviously still hope of reviving his master. And if he were as evil as Ghirahim don't you suppose he would try to revive the master with Ghirahim?

I don't know, maybe Ghirahim is more evil? After generations, one has time to think about things he's done. You're treating this like he doesn't have the ability to repent. Also, take notice that Ghirahim is the only one trying to revive Demise.

Of course, I really have no idea, but I'm assuming this is a coincidence for a few reasons. The Demon Tribe portrayed in the Intro murdered and wreaked havoc throughout the land. The silliness portrayed in Batreaux really doesn't match up with anything evil in any way . . . and he doesn't have any interest in fighting Link (or anyone for that matter).
I'm not sure where he is found, but if it is in Skyloft, I doubt a member of an ancient Demon Tribe would be living among humans. If he's found somewhere else, I once again ask why he would be living alone with no other demons. Also, using Ghirahim as an example of what most of the Demon Tribe probably looks like, this guy doesn't resemble him in any way.
There is a small little theory I'm not sure if others have mentioned, but perhaps he is the games Jovani? Maybe he was once a human, and turned into a Demon by some evil curse, and wishes to be human again? I really can't say as we don't know much about him, but from what I've seen of his attitude, look, and location, he doesn't seem to be related to the Demon Tribe or the guy in the intro at all.
But of course, it is Zelda, and I could be 100% wrong ^.^

I don't think you can argue that the Skyward Sword intro is depicting any demons in particular, only that it's broadly showing the entirety of the Demon Tribe. The only one that could potentially be directly depicted is of course the Demon King. So in other words, I don't think Batreaux is shown in the video at all; sorta seems like you're just grasping at what's there. Really the horns are indicative of nothing, and even if they were, Batreaux has an exceedingly generic demon looking, so I wouldn't expect his similarity to a horned figure defined as a demon to be anything worth noting.

Cool idea, but there doesn't really seem to be that much evidence for it besides his horns. Anyways, why would one of the six evil lords repent and want to become a human?
Six evil lords? :?

You act like people reform because they can no longer win, which is utterly false. That's not reforming, that just giving up. For a person to reform they would actually have to renounce what they did and strive to be better, and such a thing does happen. Considering that Batreaux is a demon in a game where the antagonists are demons, he has to have some connection, even if it's possibly never explored (and I do doubt Batreaux will be important from a plot standpoint).

Vibed

must read before he posts
Really? That's a very unrealistic view of things. It's called a conscience. The most terrible of serial killers have repented in real life. Why can't this guy?
I'm not saying it's impossible, but you pretty much laid that burden of proof upon me when you said, "Who's to say he wouldn't want to?"

Six evil lords? :?
I was just referring to the fact that there are six figures in that intro, and Ghirahim has the title "lord," so I just put them together. Kind of just pulled that out of thin air.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I don't think they're the same – concept art and ingame models are known to resemble each other, but that doesn't guarantee anything. Batreaux may have been involved in fighting the predecessor's to the Skyloftians, but at this point it is really just up to Nintendo. We could always ask the big man of ZD, but I think he cannot do that at this time.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
This reminds of those guys we had to collect the Gold Skultullas for in the Majora's Mask Spider Houses, and healing Pamela's father for that matter. Makes me wonder how we're going to cure Batreaux of his curse. More Skultulla hunting possibly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom