• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Batman Vs. Spider-man

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
My cousin and I were debating this over the holidays. He is a diehard Batman fan and I'm a diehard Spider-man fan (although I also really like Batman). He had some good points and so did I, but we ultimately couldn't decide (which is common when nerds debate things :)).

What do you guys think? In a serious fight to the death between Batman and Spider-man who would probably win? Consider strength, abilities, agility and reflexes, speed, hand-to-hand combat skills, intellect, resources, weapons, and so on.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Well, Spider-Man would give Batman a good fight but would fail at the end. Batman is more experienced and is also mentally, physically, and educationally trained. Batman is always two steps ahead of his enemies. Yeah Spider-Man has the "spider sense" thingy but that doesn't really help him much. It just tells him that's there's danger around and not where the danger is coming from. Spider-Man is also stronger than Batman but strength doesn't really give Spider-Man the upper hand since brawn never really beats brains. Which Batman has tons more of than Spider-Man. Batman's skills, knowledge, and gadgets are too much for Spider-Man.

And of course, this.
128869553813915655.jpg

Last edited:

Batman

Well, Spider-Man would give Batman a good fight but would fail at the end. Batman is more experienced and is also mentally, physically, and educationally trained. Batman is always two steps ahead of his enemies. Yeah Spider-Man has the "spider sense" thingy but that doesn't really help him much. It just tells him that's there's danger around and not where the danger is coming from. Spider-Man is also stronger than Batman but strength doesn't really give Spider-Man the upper hand since brawn never really beats brains. Which Batman has tons more than Spider-Man. Batman's skills, knowledge, and gadgets is too much for Spider-Man.

And of course, this.
View attachment 21058

Well, I completely agree that Bruce Wayne is tactically and strategically superior to Peter Parker. Batman does indeed stay two steps ahead of his enemies, and that certainly is an advantage over Spider-man. However, I find it hard to believe that Batman could even hit Spider-man. I mean, he is just so fast and agile; he has the proportionate agility and speed of a spider. While I'm sure Batman is much more skilled in martial arts than Spider-man, I really doubt he could hit him. Spider-man's "spider sense" would allow him to see every punch, giving him plenty enough time to dodge it and respond with his own attack. A batarang would also be completely useless against spider-man; as he could see it coming and have plenty of time to react. (in the comics, his spider sense can allow him to see specifics, not just danger in general). While Batman has many gadgets that could potentially harm or distract Spider-man, SM's webs could easily knock Batman off his guard. While I'm sure Batman could cut himself free from the webs (which by the way, are much much stronger than steel, plus has elasticity), a shot to the leg or foot and a jerk of the web could easily trip Batman, giving Spider-man plenty of time to act. The webs could also grab an "mid-flight" batarang and he could fling it right back at Batman. I do admit that Batman does have many distraction items such as sonic grenades and the like that could stun Spider-man and give Batman plenty of time to act. Still, I think the spider's got him beat all in all. Batman would not be able to hit him and even Bruce wayne would be seriously hurt from a super human round house kick from Spider-man.

Hmm.. Interesting...

To compare, both Spiderman and Batman are adept fighters and great heroes. However, one must take into consideration the fact that one has powers and the other does not. I guess you could argue that the various iterations of 'Batmen' over the years have faced many foes with solely intelligence, strategy, and gadgets. Spider Man on other hand was [is] a nerdy 16 year old kid with epic arachnoid powers, and has seen a lot despite his age. To better decide, it'd be best to go into detail about this. By the way, I've decided to look beyond just who would win in a fight between the two.

Let's see. I'll start with...

Batman

Over the years we've watched Batman aka Bruce Wayne defend Gotham City from criminals ranging from the psychotic Joker to the toxic beauty Poison Ivy. And while there is no superpower attached to the hero that has become known to all as the Dark Knight, he does well for himself. I mean, he manages to dispatch dangerous criminals as Batman and return the next day to his role as Bruce Wayne, the wealthy philanthropist and playboy. His abilities include genius-level intelligence, honed deductive reasoning (due to being a master detective), honed physical strength and martial arts, and an assortment of hi-tech gadgets and weaponry. As you can see, he makes up for his lack of superpowers by utilizing his superior intellect - he sports a whopping IQ of 192. He's taken down criminals whose bodies have been genetically and/or chemically altered giving them abilities that range from superhuman strength (Bane) to the ability to secrete deadly toxins (Poison Ivy) to cryokenesis (Mr. Freeze) to superior malleability (Clayface), so he's well-versed when the odds are against him. Keep in mind this was all accomplished with intelligence alone. In terms of strength and endurance, after mentioning the above villains, it's no one's guess that he's able to take a hit. He is also no stranger to hand-to-hand combat and does not hesitate to use it when the situation arises. When martial arts skills are not enough, he employs the use of hi-tech gadgets that have over the years become more and more advanced. His accomplishments have expanded beyond his Gotham City exploits. He co-founded the Justice League, of which (in some iterations) he has become leader; not to mention the challenges that come with the territory of said role.

Spider Man

Spider Man, also known as Peter Parker was a highly intelligent high school teen. He was bitten by a genetically altered spider during a science exhibition, which had a tremendous effect on his body. He gradually began to gain superhuman abilities that include super-strength, speed, agility, and endurance; as well as the arachnid abilities such as the ability to cling to most surfaces, web shooting, and heightened senses akin to a spider - spider sense; not to mention he has genius level intelligence, and is a well-versed hand-to-hand combatant (mostly due to his powers). He also has the ability to heal (somewhat). An unfortunate turn of events is what prompts Peter Parker to take on the role as Spider Man and put his powers to good use. His modus-operandi differs from that of Batman's, as he can be seen at any time of day dispatching criminals, albeit he prefers the shade of night in many instances. He uses strong webs as a means of transport between the skyscrapers of New York. The villains he's faced range from the wily trickster Green Goblin to the vile, twisted Venom. Most of the villains he's faced, for the most part, have had some forms of superhuman abilities that rival or surpass his own. However, he's had close calls, but in the end he prevails. His role as hero has led him beyond New York. He's even been transported to alternate dimensions and once attempted to join the Fantastic Four.

The Verdict
Ugh... This is a tough decision. To start, both these guys are from different brands of comics. I personally am a fan of Marvel over DC any day - for so many reasons. As I've stated above, I admire them both as heroes. However, they both have strengths...and weaknesses. *sigh* Despite what I said about Marvel, I have to go with Batman. I've always Batman as a kid. Becoming a detective was a dream of mine growing up. I also seem to gravitate to "darker characters." Batman has so many traits that I admire over Spider Man. He combines brains and brawn to defeat his foes, and he does it all in one night. He's also my total opposite in terms of looks and all that [noparse]:P[/noparse]. Simply put, his "to good to be true-ness" is what I admire most about him and drives me to - in a way- want to be him. Sorry Peter...

EDIT: Also this:

Well, Spider-Man would give Batman a good fight but would fail at the end. Batman is more experienced and is also mentally, physically, and educationally trained. Batman is always two steps ahead of his enemies. Yeah Spider-Man has the "spider sense" thingy but that doesn't really help him much. It just tells him that's there's danger around and not where the danger is coming from. Spider-Man is also stronger than Batman but strength doesn't really give Spider-Man the upper hand since brawn never really beats brains. Which Batman has tons more of than Spider-Man. Batman's skills, knowledge, and gadgets aretoo much for Spider-Man.

And of course, this.
View attachment 21058

The verdict: Batman wins. :yes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea gotta say I agree with Turo602. I'm a big fan of both of them but in the end Batman will win; he's got the funds, the toys and the training to boot.

This makes me recall the batman vs superman debate. it always ends with batman would win because he would know to have a piece of kryponite in his utility belt. You thought batman wanted to be in the JLA to meet friends? I don't think so, Tim.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Well, I completely agree that Bruce Wayne is tactically and strategically superior to Peter Parker. Batman does indeed stay two steps ahead of his enemies, and that certainly is an advantage over Spider-man. However, I find it hard to believe that Batman could even hit Spider-man. I mean, he is just so fast and agile; he has the proportionate agility and speed of a spider. While I'm sure Batman is much more skilled in martial arts than Spider-man, I really doubt he could hit him. Spider-man's "spider sense" would allow him to see every punch, giving him plenty enough time to dodge it and respond with his own attack. A batarang would also be completely useless against spider-man; as he could see it coming and have plenty of time to react. (in the comics, his spider sense can allow him to see specifics, not just danger in general). While Batman has many gadgets that could potentially harm or distract Spider-man, SM's webs could easily knock Batman off his guard. While I'm sure Batman could cut himself free from the webs (which by the way, are much much stronger than steel, plus has elasticity), a shot to the leg or foot and a jerk of the web could easily trip Batman, giving Spider-man plenty of time to act. The webs could also grab an "mid-flight" batarang and he could fling it right back at Batman. I do admit that Batman does have many distraction items such as sonic grenades and the like that could stun Spider-man and give Batman plenty of time to act. Still, I think the spider's got him beat all in all. Batman would not be able to hit him and even Bruce wayne would be seriously hurt from a super human round house kick from Spider-man.

When did Spider-Man become The Flash? He's not that fast. Someone like Batman can hit him just like any other Spider-Man villain. Batman has taken on things that are indeed faster and much stronger than Spider-Man and anything Spider-Man has ever faced. When Batman fights he's always in a constant flow meaning he's always moving therefore I doubt he'll be an easy target for Spider-Man to try to web up. Batman is also more lethal when he combats because he breaks bones and uses pressure points unlike Spider-Man who just melees. Batman also has more equipment than Spider-Man in his utility belt which puts Web Head at another disadvantage. His utility belt ranges from gadgets like batarangs to smoke pellets to ice pellets to all sorts of explosives. And also, Batman doesn't hurt easily, his body is trained to take extreme amounts of pain. He has taken hits from people like Bane all the way to Superman. Don't get me wrong, I like Spider-Man a lot. He's my third favorite superhero, but Batman is just way more. I see Batman as a symbol of what humans can be if they really tried.

Last edited:

Batman

When did Spider-Man become The Flash? He's not that fast. Someone like Batman can hit him just like any other Spider-Man villain. Batman has taken on things that are indeed faster and much stronger than Spider-Man and anything Spider-Man has ever faced. When Batman fights he's always in a constant flow meaning he's always moving therefore I doubt he'll be an easy target for Spider-Man to try to web up. Batman is also more lethal when he combats because he breaks bones and uses pressure points unlike Spider-Man who just melees. Batman also has more equipment than Spider-Man in his utility belt which puts Web Head at another disadvantage. His utility belt ranges from gadgets like batarangs to smoke pellets to ice pellets to all sorts of explosives. And also, Batman doesn't hurt easily, his body is trained to take extreme amounts of pain. He has taken hits from people like Bane all the way to Superman. Don't get me wrong, I like Spider-Man a lot. He's my third favorite superhero, but Batman is just way more. I see Batman as a symbol of what humans can be if they really tried.

He doesn't have to be as fast as the flash. It comes down to the reflexes of a human verses the reflexes of a superhuman. Batman would not be able to hit Spider-man. Almost all of Batman's villains have normal human reflexes, speed and strength. Almost all of Spider-man's villains have superhuman reflexes, speed, and strength. I'm pretty sure that Spider-man could dodge anything Batman could throw at him; whether it be punches or gadgets. I know that Batman can take a punch but Spider-man has an accelerated healing factor. In all the categories that you brought up, Spider-man has a clear edge. Now, if Batman had super strength and speed then he could surely destroy spider-man. It wouldn't even be a contest. But it all comes down to a superhuman verses a human who's super. The superhuman is going to win.
Batman has taken on things that are indeed faster and much stronger than Spider-Man and anything Spider-Man has ever faced.
This is simply not true. Spider-man's villains are much faster and stronger than Batman's.
I see Batman as a symbol of what humans can be if they really tried.
I completely agree. Although I like the Spider-man comics better, I agree that all in all Batman is a more impressive superhero and a symbol of what a human being could achieve (regarding principles, discipline, and sense of justice). However, in a fight, I just don't see Batman defeating the web-slinger.

Last edited:

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
He doesn't have to be as fast as the flash. It comes down to the reflexes of a human verses the reflexes of a superhuman. Batman would not be able to hit Spider-man. Almost all of Batman's villains have normal human reflexes, speed and strength. Almost all of Spider-man's villains have superhuman reflexes, speed, and strength. I'm pretty sure that Spider-man could dodge anything Batman could throw at him; whether it be punches or gadgets. I know that Batman can take a punch but Spider-man has an accelerated healing factor. In all the categories that you brought up, Spider-man has a clear edge. Now, if Batman had super strength and speed then he could surely destroy spider-man. It wouldn't even be a contest. But it all comes down to a superhuman verses a human who's super. The superhuman is going to win.

This is so wrong. Being superhuman doesn't give you an edge. You lower Batman's standards to that of a human instead of a human that is self disciplined and self taught with excessive amount of training in many categories. Batman can move, especially in combat. For you to think that Batman can't hit a guy like Spider-Man is just pure nonsense. If the Punisher can give Spider-Man a fight then Batman sures hell will. Do you seriously think Batman is new to superhumans?

Oh, and lets also say that "Batman can't hit Spidey" for now. What makes you think Batman can't defeat him in other ways? Batman is smart, if he can't physically take on an opponent, he will strategize and take him out in another way.

This is simply not true. Spider-man's villains are much faster and stronger than Batman's.

So you're seriously going to ignore his fights with people like Bane, Superman, Amazo and whatnot?

Last edited:

Ganondork

goo
Batman faces off against some creepy foes that spider man wouldn't stand a chance against. Let's take Scarecrow for instance. Scarecrow would annihilate Spider Man easily with the hallucinatory gas that he uses. Batman, however, could go into the hallucination and still defeat Scarecrow. Spider man can swing around and all of that good stuff, but Batman is much stealthier and capable than Spider man ever will be.

Batman contains more powerful items that could easily defeat Spider man. Spider man may have speed, but the moment he uses a web, Batman could more than easily snap the string and send Spider man down onto the ground; he'd never see it coming. Not to mention a few hits from Batman would be more than fatal. If Batman has the element of surprise, Spider man would be out cold in seconds. Whereas Batman could easily take Spider man's hits, or just counter them easily.

Spider man faces some interesting enemies, but none that Batman couldn't defeat. Bane seems almost like an enemy that could be fought by either one of these and Batman had no trouble defeating him in Arkham Asylum. The same goes for Scarecrow, who had an enormous body build and just had to catch Batman in order to kill him. Imagine how Spider man would do in such a case. Spider man wouldn't stand a chance against the antics of Joker, however, he's just not smart enough. Batman is very intellectual and therefore can put a stop to Joker's madness. Spider man can't do such a thing, however.

Whether in comparison of fighting skills or enemies they fight, Batman wins. I'd always rather be on Batman's side than Spider man's.

chris112

ゼルダファンの伝説!
Spiderman. 'Nuff said. But seriously, Batman mostly uses technology to be a superhero (batarang anyone?). I mean, what if all his technology somehow corrupts? Then all he has to defend himself is martial art skills, which isn't really helpful against spiderman's spider senses, am I right? And spiderman never loses his web/spider powers, so he can get batman webbed against a building and beat him up. Maybe even kill him. So I go with Spiderman.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Spiderman. 'Nuff said. But seriously, Batman mostly uses technology to be a superhero (batarang anyone?). I mean, what if all his technology somehow corrupts? Then all he has to defend himself is martial art skills, which isn't really helpful against spiderman's spider senses, am I right? And spiderman never loses his web/spider powers, so he can get batman webbed against a building and beat him up. Maybe even kill him. So I go with Spiderman.

Why would his gadgets corrupt? When have his gadgets been known to fail him? Never. And yes, Spider-Man's powers have failed him before. He lost them before and he also mutated because of them before. And his web shooters have a limit. Once he runs out of web and needs a new cartridge Batman can put him to sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom