• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

.avi Files Not Working Properly

Recently, I downloaded some Zoids episodes that are .avi format off a torrent. I moved them from the main laptop to my notebook so I could watch them at night when I'm supposed to be sleeping:suspicious:. Anyways, when I try loading some of the episodes, Windows Media Player says "Windows Media Player cannot play the file". However, when I try playing these episodes on the main laptop, they work perfectly. I've tried converting them to MP4, but that didn't work. So what do I need to do in order for the episodes to work on my notebook?

probably a codec that your laptop doesnt have. If you search for codecs there are files with many on them... if you dont know which codec you need it may take a few tries to find the right one.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Like what Bayside said, Codecs are a must for multiple configurations for AVIs.

The best codecs are the ones bought, cause the free codecs tend to causer errors on certain players. I have a XVid Codec on my laptop, so I can play some anime and some music files. :P Try searching for Codecs that does not have problems, and I really must suggest that you find a Video Player as well, Windows Media Player tends to be uncooperative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom