• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Avengers Mafia: Attack of the Cosmic Invaders

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Mafia can only be roleblocked if their Godfather is roleblocked.

Really? I'm not too sure about that.... it makes more sense to me that if whoever the mafia sends to perform the kill is roleblocked, then the kill isn't performed. We have evidence that multiple members have been sent to perform the kill; how would the Godfather being roleblocked be the sole reason for those kills not going through with the flavor text we got of roleblocking?

This would explain why Frozen Chosen wasn't chosen to perform the kill last night - the mafia was fully aware that he had been roleblocked the night before, and tried someone else to avoid it. It backfired whenever LD decided to go after Deku instead.

This is all speculation, of course. But it seems to make some degree of sense.

And as for the "scummy play" so far, I think that's a problem with me as a player. Since the rebirth of Mafia I haven't put as much effort into the game. I don't make read lists. I don't put lots into my posts. This was one of the things that helped me survive revival, yes, but it's also one of the things that killed me in Dollhouse. I admit that it happened, but it's not alignment indicative. It's Deku indicative./QUOTE]

I honestly can't really blame the playstyle. It gets to a point where you can definitely be "too townie" in a game, and by virtue of that be eliminated early. And it's no fun being taken out of the game. I understand wanting to maintain a sense of ambiguity just for the sake of being in the game longer, but I feel like we're at the point in this game where we can start sorting all of that out.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
My only qualm with this is that, assuming he is, why wouldn't he take the opportunity to use Storm's invention as the reason for his survival? It seemed perfectly laid out and without much risk for him, yet he didn't even try. I have hard time imagining that Viral, as scum, would be incompotent or unaware enough not to, unless he thinks has a better defense coming up.
Vergo did touch upon this. He said that Viral's words indicated that the ability given was not a bulletproof ability. It makes sense.

The reason I was able to tell Storm gave Viral an item, thus an ability, was because in Skyward Sword Mafia, a player (I think Linkdude?) was an inventor. He gave Batman a lot of items like a Bomb, Beetle, Guardian Potion, ect. The use of those items got my lynched, which is why that role stuck out to me and I was immediately able to tell Storm had it.

In SS Mafia, Linkdude mentioned he just had the names of the items. He did not know what the items did. Only Batman knew. The same thing could be applied here. Maybe Storm didn't know what he was giving to Viral.

That was the case with HoT, wasn't it? He was able to reveal himself like an Innocent Child, but he also had a silencing ability. I figured Tristan took inspiration from Lineages in that regard and could have made more roles like that.

Anyway, no, I don't know a specific role, hence the reason that I put in parenthesis "or at least part of it" after I said his role was obvious.
Ah, that's true. But then again, a town role cop and a town cop isn't as likely as a town cop and mafia role cop. Which is why I was trying to indicate I was suspicious of Frozen but everyone ignored me :c

Not necessarily. In many games, the Godfather is able to choose who to send to perform the kill. Assuming that's true in this game, it's perfectly possible that he sent Frozen on Night 2 and Deku on Night 3.
Really? I'm not too sure about that.... it makes more sense to me that if whoever the mafia sends to perform the kill is roleblocked, then the kill isn't performed. We have evidence that multiple members have been sent to perform the kill; how would the Godfather being roleblocked be the sole reason for those kills not going through with the flavor text we got of roleblocking?

This would explain why Frozen Chosen wasn't chosen to perform the kill last night - the mafia was fully aware that he had been roleblocked the night before, and tried someone else to avoid it. It backfired whenever LD decided to go after Deku instead.

This is all speculation, of course. But it seems to make some degree of sense.
I guess that is true. I haven't played many Mafia games to know for sure. The ones I've played had that rule, though, so I thought it was standard >.>

My only qualm with this is that, assuming he is, why wouldn't he take the opportunity to use Storm's invention as the reason for his survival? It seemed perfectly laid out and without much risk for him, yet he didn't even try. I have hard time imagining that Viral, as scum, would be incompotent or unaware enough not to, unless he thinks has a better defense coming up.

Hmm.... well, Storm had yet to break the rules by name claiming, and he hadn't been modkilled yet.

Up until the moment Storm was modkilled, it's probably safe to say no one on the town had any clue what he was or what he was doing. Viral was the only one (and theoretically the mafia as an extension) that had any idea because he received one of Storm's inventions, and then had a "lightbulb" moment when Storm kept questioning him about it. From Viral's point of view, perhaps he saw no point in turning to that defense today because Storm had yet to be unmasked, and thus the town had literally zero reason to believe it because none of us know what the hell Storm is doing a majority of the time and Storm himself had no reason to defend Viral because he most likely doesn't know what his inventions do/if Viral was town at all.

Grasping at straws a bit, sure, but if Viral isn't a bulletproof Godfather or isn't just bulletproof in general by some other means, something isn't adding up.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
As an update, we're hosting a party for my brothers graduation, so I'll be gone for the next few hours. If you guys could not lynch me during that time that'd be great.
Kthxbai

Eduarda

Hmm.... well, Storm had yet to break the rules by name claiming, and he hadn't been modkilled yet.

Up until the moment Storm was modkilled, it's probably safe to say no one on the town had any clue what he was or what he was doing. Viral was the only one (and theoretically the mafia as an extension) that had any idea because he received one of Storm's inventions, and then had a "lightbulb" moment when Storm kept questioning him about it. From Viral's point of view, perhaps he saw no point in turning to that defense today because Storm had yet to be unmasked, and thus the town had literally zero reason to believe it because none of us know what the hell Storm is doing a majority of the time and Storm himself had no reason to defend Viral because he most likely doesn't know what his inventions do/if Viral was town at all.

Grasping at straws a bit, sure, but if Viral isn't a bulletproof Godfather or isn't just bulletproof in general by some other means, something isn't adding up.
I think it's most likely that Storm thought he was giving Viral a bulletproof power, but he gave Viral something else. Without knowing the power given to him was assumed to be bulletproof, Viral didn't use it as a defense towards himself. Because if he did, in his eyes Storm could have easily counter claimed that. Which would have gotten Viral in deeper trouble. He probably assumed Storm knew what he was giving Viral.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm seeing theories tossed around about either DekuNut or Viral being the Godfather. I don't see any indication PatCat was roleblocked, so his lack of a result could indeed mean Deku is an investigation proof Godfather in addition to having his kill be roleblocked the previous night.

Vote: DekuNut

Eduarda

QUOTE="A Link In Time, post: 1033530, member: 14616"]I don't see any indication PatCat was roleblocked, so his lack of a result could indeed mean Deku is an investigation proof Godfather in addition to having his kill be roleblocked the previous night.[/QUOTE]
Nope, Deku was roleblocked by Mafia Roleblocker. Not Town Roleblocker. A Godfather investigation would just yield "town" as a result. Not nothing at all, iirc.

Eduarda

Wait, guys. We're at L-2. I know DekuNut has nothing more to say and it's useless keeping him alive longer, but I think other discussion can still take place. Don't hammer yet. The day just started today.

Eduarda

Nope, Deku was roleblocked by Mafia Roleblocker. Not Town Roleblocker. A Godfather investigation would just yield "town" as a result. Not nothing at all, iirc.
Why do I keep mixing up DekuNut and PatCat.

Mafia Roleblocker roleblocked PatCat.
Town Roleblocker roleblocked DekuNut.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
QUOTE="A Link In Time, post: 1033530, member: 14616"]I don't see any indication PatCat was roleblocked, so his lack of a result could indeed mean Deku is an investigation proof Godfather in addition to having his kill be roleblocked the previous night.
Nope, Deku was roleblocked by Mafia Roleblocker. Not Town Roleblocker. A Godfather investigation would just yield "town" as a result. Not nothing at all, iirc.[/QUOTE]
Why do I keep mixing up DekuNut and PatCat.

Mafia Roleblocker roleblocked PatCat.
Town Roleblocker roleblocked DekuNut.

Okay, that's what I thought. I was going to say it made no sense for the mafia roleblocker to target Deku if he's scum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom