• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Avengers Mafia: Attack of the Cosmic Invaders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
How do you have a reason why someone might be Town. Are you saying something he did is protown
Oh wait read that wrong because I'm dumb.

He's not Bulletproof. Hes not commuter. He didn't activate his one shot bulletproof power last night. I don't see any reason why he's still alive.

Kirino

Tatakae
How do you have a reason why someone might be Town. Are you saying something he did is protown

I'm saying that I can think of a possible reason why he didn't die last night, assuming that he's town. Namely, that Storm, as the Inventor, might have given him something that allowed him to avoid being killed, since he seemed to hint at something like that before being mod killed.

Eduarda said:
Care to elaborate

What do you mean? You asked him to softclaim, and he responded to you with a pretty obvious one:

Eduarda said:
Now why can't there be a town role cop? Despite there already being a town cop, yeah there can be since this is role madness. It'll probably be X-shot. 3 maybe. So Frozen, if you can give me 2 other people's role's. I may let you off the hook.

Frozen said:
Sure, you're really close one less shot and add another ability. That's probably a little too hard...

Okay, let me sort this out:

Point No.1.)

@Eduarda and @kokirion . Things seem to be coming together, with Viral being the unknown variable in the equation, but I want you two to tell me if I've missed something.

Myself and Linkdude were mistaken yesterday; while Jamie was indeed roleblocked, there was a second roleblock from the town that night, one that none of us knew was possible. It wasn't Jamie that was prevented from killing - it was Frozen Chosen. kokirion knew this, and stepped in to prevent a seemingly inevitable Jamie lynch due to my and Linkdude's ignorance of the second roleblock.

kokirion attempted to put pressure onto Frozen Chosen the following day, and the plan worked - Frozen Chosen took the bait and used the ultimate alibi; he knew there was a Bus Driver in the game, and blamed what he thought was a legitimate kokirion investigative indictment on it. The fact that Frozen Chosen knew this information before Eduarda disclosed its authenticity means that he must be some sort of role-cop, be it one-shot or not. And just how common are town-aligned role-cops in a game with normal cops as well?

With this information in hand, kokirion sought out to eliminate who he knew was the reason there was no mafia kill the previous night. But his final ability of a night-kill didn't work, because Frozen Chosen had been switched.... with Viral Maze, courtesy of Eduarda who feared for Viral's life. But Viral didn't die. Which would seem to indicate that he's bullet-proof, and since the bulletproof townie already died..... well, we can put together the pieces on that one.

As for Viral Maze.... let's remember something: Storm repeatedly asked him what his night action was. Storm has done us a favor and revealed his role to us via his death; he was an Inventor, and obviously bestowed Viral with a gadget. It was probably his own curiosity that led him to repeatedly ask what Viral had done, but this raises the question.... Is it possible that Storm gave the mafia additional abilities via his inventions, and this is what's confusing us? Viral indicated that he had yet to use what Storm had given him, and was instead saving it for a rainy day. However, from what Viral has already posted, it doesn't seem that this gadget granted him temporary bulletproof qualities, which doesn't add up.

Point No.2.)

@Eduarda was the target for the mafia kill last night, but luckily for us, we've got a good roleblocker and doctor. If I'm understanding this correctly, who we now know to be Loki IS NOT Frozen Chosen; rather, Frozen Chosen is the one on the hover board or whatever that tried to kill me two nights ago and failed both due to my ability, and kokirion's roleblock. This means that a new mafia member was sent to do the kill, one that fits the profile of Loki much more.

If Linkdude's claim holds true, he blocked Deku Nut last night and prevented Eduarda from dying because of it (or acted as the first line of defense, as our doctor would have also prevented it). This indicates that Deku Nut is indeed Loki.

All of this would seem to indicate that we now have three very hot mafia leads - Deku Nut, Frozen Chosen, and Viral Maze.

I understand wanting to give Viral time to reply, so that's fine. But I definitely think our lynch today should be Deku Nut or Frozen Chosen. I'm more partial to Deku because I'm just now noticing by iso'ing him how scummy I think he's played this game with the context of what went on during the first few days of the game.

Eduarda

I'm saying that I can think of a possible reason why he didn't die last night, assuming that he's town. Namely, that Storm, as the Inventor, might have given him something that allowed him to avoid being killed, since he seemed to hint at something like that before being mod killed.
That's the thing though. Storm have Viral a bulletproof ability. When noone died night 3 Storm asked if Viral used his ability and Viral said he's saving it. This means it's not automatic. Viral had no clue why he lived at night meaning he didn't activate his ability then, either.

What do you mean? You asked him to softclaim, and he responded to you with a pretty obvious one:
I haven't seen a role with two shot of one power and one shot of another. I thought you knew a specific role like that

Eduarda

@Ver-go-a-go-go Yeah that's right.

I was going to go ISO DekuNut but since you've done that, I'll trust your gut. You're already confirmed townie. Saved me time :P
The only thing I'm confused about the whole DekuNut incident is if Frozen isn't GF, and Viral is (because bulletproof), then why was the mafia roleblocked night 3? Jamie or Frozen were two of the people roleblocked but it's possible none of them are the GF. Unless Viral is a bullet proof townie and either Jamie or Frozen are the GF without bulletproof ability. Otherwise, there seems to be something off with the roleblocking.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Unless he can actually make an adequate defense of himself (which, so far, he's been very much unable to do) and give a good alternative explanation as to why the Mafia kill didn't go through, I don't see myself removing my vote.
I'm not sure how. Most of the suspicion on me today is from other people's night actions. Yesterday it was just for bad play as a whole. The only thing I can think of is how do we know LD is a town Roleblocker? The roles just as common for scum as it is for town. Not saying he is but the point is what if there's another RBer in the game who stopped the kill? That's all I can think of tbh.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
On this day is really odd but if it turns out we have 3 potential leads on our hands, then we are doing something right. I'm off to look over Deku posts again and I'll have a vote count analysis as well. Btw, I'm sure everyone already thinks this but we should still look into Sadia's suspicions (I think they were posted, and I think Deku was one even) As SK has no reason not to Scum hunt.

Also @Sadia, I'm sorry you got SK. That dream is hard to live. But it's only fitting I take a victory from you as SK like you took mine in Korra 2. And if this statement makes you vote me, tats ok

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
I'm not sure how. Most of the suspicion on me today is from other people's night actions. Yesterday it was just for bad play as a whole. The only thing I can think of is how do we know LD is a town Roleblocker? The roles just as common for scum as it is for town. Not saying he is but the point is what if there's another RBer in the game who stopped the kill? That's all I can think of tbh.
Earlier in the day I stated only mafia would try to cast doubt on me or Patcat right now as we're mostly accepted as town. You realize this just helps lynch you yeah?

Vote: DekuNut

So basically the Bullet proof member and the Godfather are separate

This seems redundant though. There is definitely the possibility that this iteration of the Godfather isn't bulletproof, but in a role madness game where the sky is the limit for abilities (we've already seen evidence that points towards a Janitor, a rather rare role), it doesn't make much sense to me to nerf the Godfather to bestow the ability to yet another mafia member.

If Linkdude is lying, then the real town RBer is sure taking their time counterclaiming. Which is even more puzzling, since our Doctor is still in the game and is apparently very good at their job. I highly doubt there would be a third source of town-aligned roleblocking when we already have a dedicated role and a one-shot JOAT ability.

It just seems like checkmate to me man. I think you've played scummy this whole game, and we have a solid reason to believe that you indeed are scum based on our not-counter-claimed Roleblocker. Even if you end up being town, this seems to be the most logical course of action today.

Oh, and @Sadia... sorry if I didn't pick up on you trying to subtly claim to me yesterday. In hindsight I should've thought twice about it, but I don't think there's a scenario where I actually realize it in the moment. I don't regret the Serial Killer being out of the game, but I understand why you could've been useful in the long run.

Eduarda

This seems redundant though. There is definitely the possibility that this iteration of the Godfather isn't bulletproof, but in a role madness game where the sky is the limit for abilities (we've already seen evidence that points towards a Janitor, a rather rare role), it doesn't make much sense to me to nerf the Godfather to bestow the ability to yet another mafia member.
But if so, you're saying that Viral Maze is the Godfather.

Night 2 Frozen Chosen and Jamie were roleblocked.
Night 3, DekuNut was roleblocked.

Both nights, there's a possibility Mafia were roleblocked. And Mafia can only be roleblocked if their Godfather is roleblocked. Not any goon.
Now assuming Viral is the Godfather, he wasn't any of the role block targets so the Mafia's kill should have went through Night 3.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Vote Tally 4.1

DekuNut (3) - Jamie, Kirino, Linkdude74
Frozen Chosen (1) - Eduarda

Not Voting: DekuNut, The Hero of Legend, PatCat, HeroOfTime, Viral Maze, LittleGumball, Ver-go-a-go-go, Kokirion, Frozen Chosen, A Link In Time

With 14 alive, 8 votes are majority. Day 4 will end Tuesday, June 14th, 10am PST (GMT-7).

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Earlier in the day I stated only mafia would try to cast doubt on me or Patcat right now as we're mostly accepted as town. You realize this just helps lynch you yeah?

Vote: DekuNut
I do, but I don't care. They asked for reason why it wouldn't go through, and I said why maybe it wouldn't have gone through. That's all I've got for that. Besides, you're the biggest reason I'm being voted right now. Why wouldn't I talk about you?

And as for the "scummy play" so far, I think that's a problem with me as a player. Since the rebirth of Mafia I haven't put as much effort into the game. I don't make read lists. I don't put lots into my posts. This was one of the things that helped me survive revival, yes, but it's also one of the things that killed me in Dollhouse. I admit that it happened, but it's not alignment indicative. It's Deku indicative.
I honestly don't know where else to go with this. How to defend myself. I don't blame you guys for lynching me; I'd do the same in your situation. Just wanted to say this.

Kirino

Tatakae
That's the thing though. Storm have Viral a bulletproof ability. When noone died night 3 Storm asked if Viral used his ability and Viral said he's saving it. This means it's not automatic. Viral had no clue why he lived at night meaning he didn't activate his ability then, either.

Ah, I missed that while I was skimming. Yeah then, Viral's probably Godfather.

My only qualm with this is that, assuming he is, why wouldn't he take the opportunity to use Storm's invention as the reason for his survival? It seemed perfectly laid out and without much risk for him, yet he didn't even try. I have hard time imagining that Viral, as scum, would be incompotent or unaware enough not to, unless he thinks has a better defense coming up.

Eduarda said:
I haven't seen a role with two shot of one power and one shot of another. I thought you knew a specific role like that

That was the case with HoT, wasn't it? He was able to reveal himself like an Innocent Child, but he also had a silencing ability. I figured Tristan took inspiration from Lineages in that regard and could have made more roles like that.

Anyway, no, I don't know a specific role, hence the reason that I put in parenthesis "or at least part of it" after I said his role was obvious.

And Mafia can only be roleblocked if their Godfather is roleblocked. Not any goon.
Now assuming Viral is the Godfather, he wasn't any of the role block targets so the Mafia's kill should have went through Night 3.

Not necessarily. In many games, the Godfather is able to choose who to send to perform the kill. Assuming that's true in this game, it's perfectly possible that he sent Frozen on Night 2 and Deku on Night 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom