• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Avengers Mafia: Attack of the Cosmic Invaders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I do not trust Jamie for how he plays, but as I have said 2 times before already, he is town, believe me.

Let that topic go, he's not scum.
you didnt have to do this, i can protect myself fine and im confident i would have avoided a lynch today regardles..

that being said, considering sadia has called me out for lack of scumhunting given her own inactivity and lack of scumhunting herself, plus the random assumption that koki and i are scumbuds even though the likelihood of that lining up that efficiently is very low (considering literally if one of us dies youd fine out immediately), im going to

Vote: Sadia

if shes not guilty then whatever, id be extremely surprised, and this is my 5th consecutive post??? or something, but i havent read everything yet lol so i might make another 10 of em

Jamie

omg to be perfectly honest i did NOT know there were like 5 people on the sadia wagon before i voted, thought i was the 1st or 2nd? this is what i get for not ****ing reading the thread lol

well im confident in my vote anyway, if you aint scum then im a bum ahahaha

also why is everyone saying im not posting much? i mean what? i know these 6 consecutive posts dont count but ive been posting plenty...

Jamie

POST #7 AND FINAL ONE:
I'm getting a weird read from Kirino, just something off about xim/xer. I'll ISO him later, but he just seems off. And his inactivity makes me think there's a chance he's a holstering (read: forgot to go online) little robit.

Sadia

Have a Punderful Day!
Seeing as how she starts asking tough questions and throwing around serious suspicions only after people start to really suspect her, not to mention the fact that she chooses the two biggest suspects to do so, indicates to me that it's the latter. Which, assuming I'm right, seems especially ironic, given that she just accused Frozen of doing the same to her as part of her questioning.

Beyond that, one reason I'm suspicious of Sadia is her questioning of Kokirion. I felt her reasoning was weak and contrived, and I think it's very unlikely that Koki would do something like this as Mafia; I can't imagine any good reason for him to suddenly engage in something so risky, especially considering that he's come under virtually no suspicion for most of the game; this, along with his defense of Jamie, leads me to believe he's town. To me, it seems like Sadia's going out of her way to cast doubt and shift focus away from herself and towards other players with dubious logic, and this is especially true in regards to her treatment of Koki, as well as people like Jamie and Frozen. None of these players are confirmed town by any means and a healthy dose of skepticism is always necessary, but given the circumstances surrounding her actions and what I believe to be the weak reasoning she's employing, it gives off this impression and makes her look scummy.

That, in addition to her inactivity (although I'm admittedly not one to talk in this regard) makes me confident enough to vote for her.

Like I said, this game day I'm mostly free, so even if people weren't putting me under fire, I'd still be throwing around the same serious suspicions.

I said it before; I did not choose to question Dekunut just because he's a big suspect right now. Let me quote what I said, before anybody else had also mentioned their suspicion on Deku:

After Jamie, I'd say my biggest suspicion in the game right now is Dekunut. In fact, I've been suspicious of him this whole game, ever since he voted Storm on Day 1. His posts are filler, and they're the type of posts to fly under anybody's radar. I'll do a full on analysis after we see what happens with the situation on Jamie.

As for Frozen, I asked him that question in my very first post, before the suspicion on me even really jumpstarted. He didn't respond so I prodded him. And how is Frozen even a big suspect? Many people believe him to be town. I am not trying to shift focus off myself at all. If I was, I'd just stop responding to people who voted me and just focus on Frozen and Deku.

I have absolutely no idea why me not automatically trusting Kokirion is scummy. He is not a confirmed player. All I had said was Kokirion is capable of manipulation, and I'd rather wait to see what Jamie has to say to write the situation off. The fact that he might be deceiving us was speculation. However, taking Vergo's point about the SK easily killing one off in mind, I can see now why that speculation (that the two are linked) is illogical. In my defense, I've known Koko to take risks as scum before, so in that moment I just thought he was taking another one. But I don't understand how disagreeing on the possibility of one point makes me scum.

@Sadia: 19 posts
@Jamie: 40 posts (with these multi-posts only taking up a few, and almost all of my posts contributing something to the game)

and im the one who is not contributing much. you have to be ****ting in my diaper

Fair

that being said, considering sadia has called me out for lack of scumhunting given her own inactivity and lack of scumhunting herself, plus the random assumption that koki and i are scumbuds even though the likelihood of that lining up that efficiently is very low (considering literally if one of us dies youd fine out immediately), im going to

if shes not guilty then whatever, id be extremely surprised, and this is my 5th consecutive post??? or something, but i havent read everything yet lol so i might make another 10 of em

Being a hypocrite doesn't make you scum :P
As for Koki, refer to what I've said above.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Ive been convinced by the evidence ive seen and i must agree
Unvote

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
Vote Tally 3.2

Sadia (7) - kokirion, LittleGumball, A Link In Time, Ver-go-a-go-go, Kirino, Jamie, Storm

Not Voting: Sadia, DekuNut, The Hero of Legend, Frozen Chosen, Linkdude74, PatCat, HeroOfTime, Viral Maze

With 16 alive, 9 votes are majority.

Day 3 will end Friday, June 10th, 10pm PST (GMT-7).

Sadia

Have a Punderful Day!
Ahhh. There's bound to be scum on my wagon somewhere, since the mafia know I'm not a member of their team. Gdi.

Anyway, I really do think Dekunut is a better lynch candidate then me today, since I really do think he's scummy, when I looked back at his posts.

He unvoted Storm after I questioned him about it:

BUT Dekunut did jump out at me with this vote here:

The reasoning is inconsistent because, he talked quite a bit about roles himself. I feel like he's pulling at straws here, just to start something.

I'll
Unvote
Thinking back the softclaim was just Storm being himself.
@Sadia yes I did some of that at the start but notice how I haven't done any after. I decided we should just focus on the game since I didn't think we could get anything from character speculation.

I think I'll join the Mido wagon. It's the next-biggest wagon and I want to see Hero survive until tomorrow.
Vote: Mido

And then this vote on Mido is the biggest reason I suspect him. I looked, but I don't think Deku expressed any suspicion of Mido prior to this, and then suddenly he voted him. I just don't see how him voting Mido would help Hero survive, but I can see how he was trying to ensure the lynch. And then there's also th fact that he said he had a townread on Mido after this vote, that still makes me nervous about this whole situation.

Since I'm so close to majority, I'm going to go ahead and vote

Vote: Dekunut

If Dekunut flips scum, then I think that clears Storm a bit, since Deku's mostly spent the whole game picking on him. Also if Deku is scum, then the next person to look at would be Hero of Legend.

All I'm asking for is one more day. If Dekunut is actually town, feel free to lynch me tomorrow.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Guys, let's cool it with the Sadia votes for now. She's at L-2 and we still have another day.
@Sadia yes, I unvoted Storm when you called me out on it. It's called you bringing up a good point, and me responding. Even so, it was less of a lynch vote and more of a "come focus away from there" vote.
As for Mido, it saved hero by ensuring the lynch. However, his posts after my vote made me realize the wagon was TvT, and I wasn't sure which one I'd rather have with the town the following days. I had to choose between two evils (killing Hero and killing Mido), and I wasn't just going to unvote out of indecision and let the game take its course.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
- But it was town-Sadia who cast that vote. I don't know what else to say. Malon was going to be a hindrance to town, he said that himself. I didn't want him to play in that case.

I feel like Malon's an easy PL because we don't give him a chance. His lynch was pretty dumb. I feel like he's a young, less eloquent Dan in the way he plays Mafia. It can be off-putting and tough to read early on, but its not scummy. Dan's lynch in Revival I didn't agree with either. Policy lynching becomes such an easy way out sometimes.
Its not pro-town to be on a policy lynch, neither is it pro-scum. I just want to get that out of the way that this line of defence doesn't help your case. I'm pretty suspicious of everyone on Malon's lynch, and I'm whittling that list down as my first effort to find scum.
You, LG, FroCho, Kirino, and Eduarda stand out as my last five suspicions of the players on Malon's wagon. I'm sure one is scum. Hell, even if the SK was on Malon's wagon, I'd be happy.

LG has been posting less than usual which is odd, but she's been deadset against you since Day 2. I wouldn't put it past a scum LG to do this, but she seems to be scumhunting. Or trying to. I don't like her attitude before deadline yesterday. I thought it seemed like faux frustration, and her posts always seem like she's forgetting something. Forgetting to add suspicions, or substance to her posts. I feel like its indicative of trying to keep her playstyle consistent, or trying not to look like scum.

Froyo I have almost no read on, but I do agree with the suspicion on him. I think his defence was natural, but its an easy thing for a townie to say who is honest, and easy for scum to say who is trying to hide. I think when we know more, or if someone could shed light here, I'd be down with pursuing this. I think after Sadia, Froyo and LG are my next two biggest suspicions. I don't have a read on Dekunut, he was leaning town for me Day 1, and I'll admit I kind of started to ignore him until now. Revival was the same problem. Deku did one or two town things and then just coasted to the endgame. He's an ISO saved for later.

Eduarda. Everyone's been saying she's town, but I don't know. I don't see it. She's said some scummy things but I can't tie her to any specific player. I don't see really any buddying, or distancing actions. She's just meandering in the middle (of my list). An ISO I'll save for later, maybe tomorrow.

Kirino hasn't said much. His posting style reminds me of Lineages. Most people thought he was some kind of third party I think, but his style is just that. I'll have to ISO because Kirino is the only player I truly have a null read on out of these 5.

I have no idea what to think of @Storm

He's town. If what I think is right, he's town.

do you guys think sadia is truly scumhunting or is she just trying to push the heat off of herself?

Both. They are not mutually exclusive. I don't think she's truly scumhunting, but she is trying to 'scumhunt' by point fingers at other to make the heat on her go away. It seems like a town and/or mafia reaction. The part where I do get a good feeling about this lynch though is how she's throwing blame at multiple people.
I'd expect a townie to focus on their one biggest scumread and try to convince people there because that's the person they have the most dirt on.
A scum-Sadia I'd imagine would throw shade on multiple suspicions, even her own scumbuds at this point, 7 votes in, so when she flips, they may seem innocent. That said, if Sadia is scum, Deku may still be scum, even though Sadia voted him as her counter-wagon.

either Kokiron or Sadia are scum, but it is unlikely that they are both scum. If one flips one way, I'm nearly sure that the other is going to be the other way

You don't trust Koki? I don't recall you ever stating your mistrust of him.

I hope this post makes sense. I had to rush my analysis because I need to go to work soon. Sadia's at L-2 so I won't vote yet until I can get some time at work to go over some of her posts, but I'd be good with a Sadu lynch.

Kirino

Tatakae
Sadia said:
I said it before; I did not choose to question Dekunut just because he's a big suspect right now. Let me quote what I said, before anybody else had also mentioned their suspicion on Deku:

That's mostly why I didn't really mention your suspicion of Dekunut in my post, although it still fits.

Sadia said:
As for Frozen, I asked him that question in my very first post, before the suspicion on me even really jumpstarted. He didn't respond so I prodded him. And how is Frozen even a big suspect? Many people believe him to be town.

My bad, I didn't notice your question was a quote and made earlier, although you were still being suspected at the time. And like I said, I think your point is weak; he's not throwing suspicion onto others, he's pointing out that others have done the same thing he's done, and questioning why he's being selectively suspected on it but not them. It's a perfectly valid point to make, and one I used to question ALIT's suspicion on me.

Sadia said:
I am not trying to shift focus off myself at all. If I was, I'd just stop responding to people who voted me and just focus on Frozen and Deku.

Not at all. If you never defended yourself and only focused on others, then that'd be far too blatant and even more suspicious, and would seem like a bad idea for Mafia in general. If I were scum in your position, I imagine myself doing essentially what you seem to be: defending yourself while trying to subtely cast suspicion on others and find a better target.

Sadia said:
I have absolutely no idea why me not automatically trusting Kokirion is scummy. He is not a confirmed player. All I had said was Kokirion is capable of manipulation, and I'd rather wait to see what Jamie has to say to write the situation off. The fact that he might be deceiving us was speculation. However, taking Vergo's point about the SK easily killing one off in mind, I can see now why that speculation (that the two are linked) is illogical. In my defense, I've known Koko to take risks as scum before, so in that moment I just thought he was taking another one. But I don't understand how disagreeing on the possibility of one point makes me scum.

Questioning Koki isn't scummy per se, but I find the reasoning for him being town pretty convincing, and your reasoning for doubting him weak and somewhat contrived. A lot of this, again, also has to do with the circumstances and context, namely you doing it after being suspected and with him confirming a player that you suspected and could have shifted attention onto (Jamie). There's also the connection you attempted to make between the two, further questioning Koki while trying to push more suspicion onto Jamie.

Kirino

Tatakae
As for Sadia, I found Sadia one of the hardest players for me to read. The in and out of activity always throws me off. That being said, I would be fine with a Sadia lynch.

So right now my main suspicions are Dekunut and Storm. I don't know about Sadia or Viral and I would be fine with lynching them as well.

Just noticed this. So you say you have no real suspicions on Sadia or Viral and essentially claim a null read, yet you'd be willing to lynch them for no reason anyway as long as a bandwagon occurred? What?

Eduarda. Everyone's been saying she's town, but I don't know. I don't see it. She's said some scummy things but I can't tie her to any specific player. I don't see really any buddying, or distancing actions. She's just meandering in the middle (of my list). An ISO I'll save for later, maybe tomorrow.

Earlier, both PatCat and Linkdude soft claimed (it should be obvious what their roles are at this point) and stated that they knew Eduarda was town. I'm fairly confident both are telling the truth, and almost certain that at least one of them is, so that fact essentially confirms Eduara in my eyes. I don't know if you missed this or simply find it unconvincing, but if it's the latter then I'm curious to hear why.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
I must have missed it, or forgot. I mean it doesn't exonerate her completely as godfathers can show up on an investigation like townies, but if LDs role is what I think it may be, then perhaps she's town? I'll look back when I'm home at my desktop at LDs and Pats posts about Srish and revise my opinion if I feel it needs revision.

Just noticed this. So you say you have no real suspicions on Sadia or Viral and essentially claim a null read, yet you'd be willing to lynch them for no reason anyway as long as a bandwagon occurred? What?

I never said I had no real suspicions on Sadia or Viral. I don't know how to read them. Because of that I'm suspicious of them, but not as much as Dekunut and Storm. Hope that makes sense.

Guys, let's cool it with the Sadia votes for now. She's at L-2 and we still have another day.
@Sadia yes, I unvoted Storm when you called me out on it. It's called you bringing up a good point, and me responding. Even so, it was less of a lynch vote and more of a "come focus away from there" vote.
As for Mido, it saved hero by ensuring the lynch. However, his posts after my vote made me realize the wagon was TvT, and I wasn't sure which one I'd rather have with the town the following days. I had to choose between two evils (killing Hero and killing Mido), and I wasn't just going to unvote out of indecision and let the game take its course.

This I don't like. Either you're trying to gain town credit by claiming Sadia's innocence or you're helping a scum buddy. Either way, I don't like this innocent "hold on guys! Let's think this through." We've been thinking it through and I believe we may have something here.

I'm debating whether to vote for you because of this. But right now, the focus is on Sadia. I'm fine with lynching Sadia just because, like others have said, Sadia's play style this time around seems a little off. Then again I could be completely reading it wrong.

Kirino

Tatakae
I must have missed it, or forgot. I mean it doesn't exonerate her completely as godfathers can show up on an investigation like townies, but if LDs role is what I think it may be, then perhaps she's town?

It doesn't exonerate her completely, of course, but combined with her active and pro-town play style (which reminds me quite a bit of LG in Lineages), I'm probably more confident of her alignment than anyone else's at this point.

I never said I had no real suspicions on Sadia or Viral. I don't know how to read them. Because of that I'm suspicious of them, but not as much as Dekunut and Storm. Hope that makes sense

So you're suspicious of them solely because you don't know how to read them? And that somehow warrants a lynch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom