• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Avengers Mafia: Attack of the Cosmic Invaders

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
What have you seen that seems out of the ordinary?
You not having opinions
Libk's weird voting about Pat
I haven't immediately counted Jamie as town
Malon
The fact that people would even begin to consider no lynching or using a randomizer
The fact that we even have to talk about using a randomizer
Mido posting like once and then not posting ever again
Malon

plenty of things

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
I think we have a contradiction here. Just want to point this out. I was working on Jamie's little "1,2,3,4,5" post when I noticed this. I think it's "Weird as hell" that you found his post odd yet didn't know Johnny voted for him when that was basically all Patcat said in his post. And that he agrees we may have an SK. Did you even read PatCat's post before voting for him?

Vote:Jamie

Good catch.
Why do you think his vote is still Pat? ( iirc his vote is still on Patcat)

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
If you don't want to start a lynch, you shouldn't contribute to a lynch. This seems like such a, once again, half assed response. Keeping my vote on you.

i appreciate you posting this 5 times to get my attention :)

And ah, I didn't understand what you meant. Thought you meant you'd hop on a wagon with the current evidence, but makes more sense now.

Not really, to answer your question. We've focused a lot on minor things more or less, I find it weird how everyone is getting on all of us for joining a "wagon" (one which I did not know existed), but it seems more like a hive mind mentality than anything.
well the first quote is why he was keeping his vote on patcat, and then looking at his next post after patcat explained what he meant, you'd think understanding what patcat was saying could warrant an unvote but idk. Jamie still voting Patcat is odd to me.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
I would like to see another post from @Mido, he kind of up and disappeared a few pages back. I don't know whether he has just not been online or not, but it could be seen as suspicious. So @Mido, what are your thoughts on recent developments? Is there anybody you now consider suspicious other than myself?

I've got work in about an hour, and I'll be working well past the deadline tonight (closing the restaurant for the win), so I'll try to fit in all my day one thoughts. I'll get my vote in right before I have to leave.

I think you forgot to answer this, @Jamie , I'm curious too :)

Jamie's.... unwillingness to answer that has left me uneasy. I thought maybe he glazed over it or missed it the first time I asked, but after the second time, I got a bit concerned. I understand not wanting to answer a question like that when it's obvious what the asker is attempting to do, but I at least expected him to sidestep it or give a vague/meaningless brush off.

This actually seems like a really good idea, now. I haven't followed TF2 didn't know his play style. The only thing I'm hesitant with is that we haven't seen many interactions with Malon and other players, so I don't know how much his death would help us the next day. He might be a safe target for vig if there is any.

Yeah, that's kind of the point though - the guy doesn't really interact, he just parrots what others say and then lays a vote down based on the hottest target at the moment. It was nice to have him in endgame during TF2 because his vote is easily manipulated, but the inverse is true this time - town won that game rather convincingly, but the mafia could easily turn the tables and do the same with him in this one.

He also won't be a prime mafia target either, because I'm sure the mafia knows that his allegiance will remain ambiguous throughout the game and that he's not someone who could do any true damage against them from an analysis viewpoint. I'd like to get an element like that out of the game somewhat quickly.

I'm guessing Vergo meant that as away policy lynch, but I could be wrong.

This is correct. Even as a critical town power role in TF2, being the doctor, Malon proved.... not very useful at all, both from the standpoint of day posting and protecting town during the night. I don't mind that from a new player, but as I've already said, I see no indication of that changing this game based on what he's posted so far.

Regardless, my willingness to lynch lies with three people today, being Jamie, Malon, and Linkdude. I'd like to know if anyone else can get behind a lynch of either of those three so that we can avoid a no lynch today.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
@Eduarda
Nobody really stands out as possibly being scum to me at this point. Day one makes it really hard and I'm not experienced enough to really tell the difference between playstyle and scuminess.

Experience isn't needed. This is how you play. That answer seems to avoid contributing.

No one knows who is scum at day 1. Anyone who claims to know is a fool.

Kybyrian's account is rolling in the grave right now :lol:

Here Jamie's reasoning starts to fall apart. His previous quote above stated the vote was for pressure. That's not something that automatically makes you a townie. Scum vote for pressure too. But its not damning either. But in this quote he expands further and this is where the reasoning goes downhill.

I feel like this post is an overreaction to LD's post stating that Jaime is the scummiest player on the Pat wagon, especially reason 5.

I see that mostly as the way Jamie plays. He's usually very aggressive, sometimes faliciously so. Overall I don't put too much stock in it.

Linkdudes post. He votes Pat but if you look at his post here and Pat's first post, they're pretty close in the amount of actual substance. The only difference is the number of words in LD's post. It looks like he's trying to look like he's contributing and voting for Pat for not contributing with Pat's first post.
Backs down pretty quickly here once a vocal group of us dismiss Pat's wagon, and another player unvotes (I think it was Mido, but idk). Its a cheap cop out.
Quick to shuffle the blame. Oddly, places himself above Mido in suspicion. Town players and mafia players both always list themselves as townies in their own lists, but this unbiased approach has me confused.

I agree there. Worth keeping an eye on.

Hero just seems to be going with the flow with his vote, reasoning (parroting what other's have said), and unvote. It seems indicative of inexperience or unwillingness to formulate own opinion. Its not neccessarily scummy, but what I do find scummy is timing of his vote and unvote. He never stated he voted for pressure, or to get Pat talking. He just voted on a developing wagon, and then unvoted when the heat turned up.

Again, I agree. He also hasn't posted much more. Could easily be town or scum. New players are difficult to tell sometimes.
@The Hero of Legend can you come in and post some more?

Jamie's.... unwillingness to answer that has left me uneasy. I thought maybe he glazed over it or missed it the first time I asked, but after the second time, I got a bit concerned. I understand not wanting to answer a question like that when it's obvious what the asker is attempting to do, but I at least expected him to sidestep it or give a vague/meaningless brush off.

Tag him in a post.

This is correct. Even as a critical town power role in TF2, being the doctor, Malon proved.... not very useful at all, both from the standpoint of day posting and protecting town during the night. I don't mind that from a new player, but as I've already said, I see no indication of that changing this game based on what he's posted so far.

I'm of the same opinion. Tbh, I probably will vote for him if he doesn't come back in to post.

Because I am no longer willing to vote Doc at the moment. I'm leaning towards a Linkdude74 lynch.

Sorry, I misread it. I thought you unvoted LD for some reason lol. My bad.

Sadia

Have a Punderful Day!
Sorry about my absence, I was out all day yesterday. Tbh, I only just skimmed the last 3 or so pages. I'll look at everything more in depth when I have time. Just wanted to quickly comment on two things before I gotta go again:

I'll
Unvote
Thinking back the softclaim was just Storm being himself.
@Sadia yes I did some of that at the start but notice how I haven't done any after. I decided we should just focus on the game since I didn't think we could get anything from character speculation.

But m8..... you voted Storm because of something you yourself were doing. Ahhh I don't like your defense for this.

If you don't want to start a lynch, you shouldn't contribute to a lynch. This seems like such a, once again, half assed response. Keeping my vote on you.

Wait, wait, what does this even mean? You say one should contribute to a lynch only if they want to see a lynch on that person happening, but then you also said your vote on Pat was just a pressure vote a you didn't want to achieve a lynch on him.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I admit that I did do it, but both to a lesser extent than him and did that as a way to end said discussion because I couldn't see much more good coming out of this.
I'm not sure this is a hole i can dig myself out of so believe what you want then. I'm doing bad at arguing my point on that anyways :AP

Stitch

AKA Patrick
@Johnny Sooshi
Experience may not be needed, but it makes it easier to know how somebody plays than not knowing how somebody plays. I think it is a falsehood to act as if experience means nothing. I'm not avoiding contributing so much as I have nothing to really contribute more than I already have at this moment. Or would you rather have me make something up off the top of my head about how I find somebody suspicious? Is that how you are saying this game is supposed to be played?

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
I see that mostly as the way Jamie plays. He's usually very aggressive, sometimes faliciously so. Overall I don't put too much stock in it.

I thought the same way in Revival. Scum Jamie with his usual meta pushed for a mislynch of Soul, leading the town into a Mylo situation the next day. I'm careful about how I view his votes now, and I think Linkdude brought up a great point about Jamie.

Regardless, my willingness to lynch lies with three people today, being Jamie, Malon, and Linkdude
I agree with you here on LD or Jamie.

Personally, I think Jamie stands out a bit more than LD at the moment.

Unvote

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom