• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Avengers Mafia: Attack of the Cosmic Invaders

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
Hi friends. I apologize for my absence irl yesterday, I didn't think I was going to be out all day. I read through the game and gathered quotes as I went along - I'll make another post after this one compiling all of those quotes and responding to all of them (let's see if i can remember why i quoted any of them)

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
Thank you for your input, Vergo ^^
Though, I don't recall voting for PatCat. I voted for Storm, which I later explained why.

On another note, I read back through the thread the millionth time and I feel like to me, Johnny is the most suspicious so far, followed by PatCat.

Johnny has posted 6 times so far which is considered relatively active in the 7 pages. But none of his posts contain much substance. Others like Frozen Chosen, and Viral, contributed in every post. I feel like Johnny's posts are mostly filler.

His first two posts discuss the characters, so skipping those, these are the posts he made which have any kind of substance.

Yeah, it seems like he's clearly trying to avoid confrontation.
That wasn't the whole reason others voted for him. Some did site him going with the flow, which could describe what you're doing.
Here, after a joke above, Johnny plays it relatively safe by calling out Hero of Legend, after Viral pointed him out. He doesn't vote HoL or push on him too much, and doesn't mention him again after this.

I'm with you on Eduarda. She usually plays this way so it can be difficult to tell. Keep an eye out for now.
This was part of the above post. Again, he states a general statement, agreeing with another player. Other than this, he hasn't called me out yet or shown suspicion towards me.

Sorry I'm late.

Vote:Storm
But why? It's been confirmed that RVS is pretty much done after like 2 pages. People are drawing suspicions. Is this a continuation of RVS or is there legitimate reason backing it?
This is a pretty common sense post. He does prod at Malon here, slightly, but in his next posts, drops his argument.

Also
Unvote: PatCat

Glad my vote got some discussion going. I don't think PatCat is particularly scummy, but I was lynched in Lineages for posts that followed the same train of thought, so I can understand the reasoning behind those votes.
This was part of the above post. I do find it odd that despite not agreeing with PatCat's lynch, he doesn't say anything and keeps his RVS vote, even when the votes started piling very fast. He said he understands the line of thought, but didn't ask others to further on their suspicions like Viral and DekuNut did.

One of his other two posts consist of a one line joke, and the other agreeing with Malon that RVS technically hasn't officially ended

All Johnny's posts play the game very safe and quiet. He doesn't accuse anyone strongly or question a bandwagon he disagrees with, but he still posts enough to not be considered inactive. To me it seems like he's trying to not stand out but not look inactive

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
We noticed. Just not going to acknowledge this. Also. Everybody keep Pinging @Doc . I want his opinion

What were you expecting...? You said this at the top of page 2. How is one supposed to have an opinion of rvs and videos of the mod? if you were trying to be the town leader or whatever then you were doing it all wrong.

Remember when lists used to be considered scummy? Pepperidge Farm remembers. 2013 was a strange time.... :eek:
I liked your post solely for this quote, the rest of it i don't really agree with.

I won't join the Patcat wagon yet. Yes, it was a nothing post, but the "go with the flow" thing you guys talking about him seems to be him reacting to an RVS vote. That doesn't seem scummy to me at least
yeah imo patcat's post was harmless. this is his first game in ages and he was never a paragraph poster in the first place from what I can remember.

Yeah, it seems like he's clearly trying to avoid confrontation.
This is your first game, right?

Pretty sure someone else addressed this post but that's not really the case and this accusation doesn't really make sense to me. (i feel like i had something significant to say about this but i don't really remember)

Eduarda is trying really hard. Not sure yet whether that implies super scum or super town.
That's probably her town tell. I don't remember her scum games too well but as town she posts a lot and gathers lots of opinions. She'll probably emulate this as scum but gut says town.

I can't say I agree with any town or scum reads.
How about now? Would you vote for anyone? Would you stop anyone's lynch? It's not too early rn for some reads, considering things have actually happened and people have actually been posting opinions.

I'm giving him a little bit of leeway because it was his first post. If it weren't then I'd be more worried about it.
This, pretty much. I think I talked about this earlier or smething

SSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

I dont know. Why would i softclaim?
Mafia revival: survived to day 3 where i was NKed after i was undoubtedly town with Soul being the only doubter.

TF2 Mafia: didnt roleclaim and was killed day 1 by mafiawagon

Lineages: was mafia. Doesnt count

I believe if i dont, i will be lynched day 1 out of spite because only like 5 people here actually like me and the other 16 want me dead IRL, me included
i hate this post
idk if it's town or scum or null but please please please refrain from talking about your role on day 1. or day 2. (or at all if possible :) ) We've been over this. You know that people hate claiming and you know that they are in the game. Claiming is extremely limited in this game (good) so please be careful and above all PLEASE STOP SOFTCLAIMING.

Also your mafia games do count. Also also, no one wants you dead irl, that's an illogical statement.

Deep breaths.

Tbh, I thought all the votes on PatCat were a bit silly
same

BUT Dekunut did jump out at me with this vote here:

The reasoning is inconsistent because, he talked quite a bit about roles himself. I feel like he's pulling at straws here, just to start something.
^ great assessment I'll look at it again later

@The Hero of Legend This is your first game? :) Are your teammates helping you get settled in?
that was so mean :P

I was kind of going with the majority and I don't want any cannons pointed at me early on in the game, so I think I'll just
Unvote: PatCat
Initial gut reaction is first-time player who is town. First time is scary and you don't want to die bc you want to play.

Protip: Don't be afraid of a couple votes. :) Being confident in a mafia game is way more fun than being unsure and hanging back.

Sorry I'm late.

Vote:Storm
Vote: Malon

I guess so. My vote did what I wanted it to do. See an increase in quality from the player. I get they had only made one post but if we can get everyone going quality from the beginning, that's better in the long run.
That's impossible. No one does spotless analysis in their first post.

Not sure what I think about Libk

@LittleGumball @Heroine of Time
Do you two have anything to say on what has happened so far?
hi friend :) just making a short post rn =^)

Unvote

that vote is no longer needed
Why not? I didn't make a single post all day. I'd leave a vote on me.

We have four people that joined the vote in rapid succession - Eduarda, Jamie, Linkdude, and Hero of Legend. I tend to be more wary of those at the end of the wagon.
100% agreed, I'm most suspicious of Libk and least suspicious of Eduarda, but I think Hero is probably just noob town. (Jamie is mostly null rn, mostly because i just can't be bothered to try and read him this early in the game)

WHILE I WAS POSTING:

Eduarda made a pretty good point about Johnny but he played the exact same way last game and turned out to be town. It's only Day 1 so most of people's posts are going to be insignificant anyway. I don't think it's anything to worry about for right now but if fluffposting persists past multiple Days then it will be something to point out.

and also there was some confusion about the vergo quote but i don't think i need to change anything, my opinions are the same i guess

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
I'm OK with the suspicion. I wasn't wanting a spotless analysis but more substance in PatCat's posts. Which for the most part we've gotten since the wagon started. One liners are not good in a game where we've started off pretty serious. And with only 3 days to hunt, we need all the substance we can get

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
I'm OK with the suspicion. I wasn't wanting a spotless analysis but more substance in PatCat's posts. Which for the most part we've gotten since the wagon started. One liners are not good in a game where we've started off pretty serious. And with only 3 days to hunt, we need all the substance we can get
yeah but like

it was his the first post of day 1.....

and nothing had really happened yet since it was page 3.....

If you were SO S00PER SRS at that point in the game then I don't think that deserved a wagon. A vote, maybe two at most. Not a wagon.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
But it got his attention. Now looking back on that wagon, I'm more suspicious of Jamie and Hero of legend. But that's because they didn't really put as much into their vote. Mido a dressed the issue better than the rest of us on the wagon. So in order from most scummy to least, IMO it's Jamie, Hero, Me, Mido.

I don't remember seeing Jamie expand on his reasoning for the vote so that's why he's top of the lost for me.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Vote Tally 1.3

Eduarda (1) - Storm
Doc (1) - Frozen Chosen
PatCat (2) - Mido, Jamie
Storm (1) - Malon
Malon (1) - LittleGumball

Not Voting: Sadia, Ver-go-a-go-go, Viral Maze, Heroine of Time, Doc, Cthulhu, Eduarda, The Hero of Legend, Linkdude74, Johnny Sooshi, DekuNut, Pendio, Kokirion, PatCat

With 20 alive, 11 votes are majority; at least 6 votes are required for a lynch during this day only.

Day 1 will end Thursday, June 2nd, 10pm PST (GMT-7).

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I'm not getting any good scum reads at this point either. Usually difficult for me to get on the first day.
Unvote: Jamie

Are there any general suspicions you have?

Something that is far more alarming, however, is the speed at which certain wagons pick up when there's even the slightest bit of an opening. Johnny's vote seems to have no significance behind it, but Mido pointing out a "reason" for Patcat to be our first day lynch target and others piling on quite quickly is something of note. We have four people that joined the vote in rapid succession - Eduarda, Jamie, Linkdude, and Hero of Legend. I tend to be more wary of those at the end of the wagon.

It's not "evidence" but it's a relationship I'll keep an eye on for the rest of the game.

Those are my thoughts on the situation. I don't know what to think of Storm claiming on day one yet again. He's like a wild card that doesn't care about anything and just likes people guessing constantly regardless of if they're town or not.

Of all the people on PatCat's vote train, can you rank them in suspuciousness or give your most suspected?

Here, after a joke above, Johnny plays it relatively safe by calling out Hero of Legend, after Viral pointed him out. He doesn't vote HoL or push on him too much, and doesn't mention him again after this.
This was part of the above post. Again, he states a general statement, agreeing with another player. Other than this, he hasn't called me out yet or shown suspicion towards me.

In both instances I didn't see the need to pursue the information into the next 3ish pages because there hasn't been much to expand upon.

This is a pretty common sense post. He does prod at Malon here, slightly, but in his next posts, drops his argument.

Again, nothing to continue pursuing on.

This was part of the above post. I do find it odd that despite not agreeing with PatCat's lynch, he doesn't say anything and keeps his RVS vote, even when the votes started piling very fast. He said he understands the line of thought, but didn't ask others to further on their suspicions like Viral and DekuNut did.

A game this size needs more than 5 votes to lynch. No to mention I did unvote.

Also, to you Eduarda, @Jamie, @DekuNut and @Viral Maze, who are your suspicions?

Stitch

AKA Patrick
@Johnny Sooshi
Jamie, Hero of Legend, and Linkdude74 statistically seem like the most likely because of joining that bandwagon so quickly. It isn't likely enough for me to vote for one with the intention of starting a lynch for them, but if one of them were getting votes for a lynch I might vote for them.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
But it got his attention. Now looking back on that wagon, I'm more suspicious of Jamie and Hero of legend. But that's because they didn't really put as much into their vote. Mido a dressed the issue better than the rest of us on the wagon. So in order from most scummy to least, IMO it's Jamie, Hero, Me, Mido.

I don't remember seeing Jamie expand on his reasoning for the vote so that's why he's top of the lost for me.
This logic makes no sense... One, I said it was for pressure because it's good to see how people react. Two, I didn't even know Johnny had started it. Three, how is Mido on a "wagon" when he was the second person to vote? Four, we don't even know Pat's alignment. Five, it's ****ing day one lol.

Jamie

@Johnny Sooshi
Jamie, Hero of Legend, and Linkdude74 statistically seem like the most likely because of joining that bandwagon so quickly. It isn't likely enough for me to vote for one with the intention of starting a lynch for them, but if one of them were getting votes for a lynch I might vote for them.
If you don't want to start a lynch, you shouldn't contribute to a lynch. This seems like such a, once again, half assed response. Keeping my vote on you.

Pen

The game is on!
All Johnny's posts play the game very safe and quiet. He doesn't accuse anyone strongly or question a bandwagon he disagrees with, but he still posts enough to not be considered inactive. To me it seems like he's trying to not stand out but not look inactive

In Johnny's defense though, this was pretty much the exact same reason that got him lynched in Viral's recent game, where Johnny flipped Town. So I do not know if this play style of his means that he is necessarily scum. He could be, but he is just as likely to be Town.

That's probably her [Eduarda's] town tell. I don't remember her scum games too well but as town she posts a lot and gathers lots of opinions. She'll probably emulate this as scum but gut says town.

I seem to remember Eduarda playing very ambitiously as scum (the Godfather no less) in Skyward Sword Mafia. So I am not inclined to assume anything about her at this point.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
If you don't want to start a lynch, you shouldn't contribute to a lynch. This seems like such a, once again, half assed response. Keeping my vote on you.
I think there is a big difference between starting and participating in a lynch, especially on day one. I wouldn't start a lynch if I didn't have any evidence to back it up, but to join a lynch it only takes seeing somebody else find evidence. At least from my perspective. You seem very persistent on me, do you have any thoughts, at all, on anybody else?

Jamie

I think there is a big difference between starting and participating in a lynch, especially on day one. I wouldn't start a lynch if I didn't have any evidence to back it up, but to join a lynch it only takes seeing somebody else find evidence. At least from my perspective. All that I'm really sring is that I need more evidence to lynch someone. You seem very persistent on me, do you have any thoughts, at all, on anybody else?
i appreciate you posting this 5 times to get my attention :)

And ah, I didn't understand what you meant. Thought you meant you'd hop on a wagon with the current evidence, but makes more sense now.

Not really, to answer your question. We've focused a lot on minor things more or less, I find it weird how everyone is getting on all of us for joining a "wagon" (one which I did not know existed), but it seems more like a hive mind mentality than anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom