• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Avengers Mafia: Attack of the Cosmic Invaders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I don't really know why you would try to softclaim again. But hey, Imma role with it.

Yeah, it seems like he's clearly trying to avoid confrontation.

I thought PatCat was just making a post. It was only one post after all. Course, the next post he votes for Jamie after people point out he's avoiding confrontation. So maybe there is something there.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
This "buddy" theory about Mido I'd interesting, but I'm not sure if it is enough to say that he is scum. The one thing that really concerns me about the theory is his spearheading of the bandwagon on me, which could be odd for scum. You guys have played longer than me, though, do you might know better.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
Mido's post against PatCat, IMO, looked scummy to me. The way he immediately claimed that DekuNut, Eduarda, and Storm were leaning town so early struck me as an attempt to buddy buddy with people. Also, his "analysis" of all these players looks like an attempt to gain town cred yourself. ALiT did the same thing in the TF2 game.
To be quite honest, I didn't find this as anything scummy. I, myself, am leaning town on DekuNut and Storm, if I had to put them on a scale. Their discussion on the characters seemed natural, and it didn't seem like one side knew who the scum were. I know it's way too early to say anything, but Mido's words didn't come off as a fact set in stone for me.

She usually puts in the good effort, regardless of alignment, so I agree with you on this. I do find it trivially interesting that she used my first read list as a template for questioning Hero of Legend:
That was coincidental. I felt the 3 of us were the most active in the discussion during the first few pages, so I thought I should ask tHoT his thoughts on us, instead of getting an "I'm not too sure" as an answer.

I am curious that you pin pointed me, Mido, as if trying to disassociate yourself from me.

After reading through this scrutiny and this very blatant wagon starting im just going to
Vote: Eduarda
Im not familiar with you or your playstyle so i might be wrong. Can you convince me that you mean no ill will??
Umm, do I give you my opinion on things to defend myself? But first, is it ok if I ask you why you felt the need to soft claim this early on?

Real fast, if any of my behavior indicates that I'm acting odd or I'm just 'going with the flow,' it's most likely just because this is my first time playing mafia and I'm trying to get settled.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
I dont know. Why would i softclaim?
Mafia revival: survived to day 3 where i was NKed after i was undoubtedly town with Soul being the only doubter.

TF2 Mafia: didnt roleclaim and was killed day 1 by mafiawagon

Lineages: was mafia. Doesnt count

I believe if i dont, i will be lynched day 1 out of spite because only like 5 people here actually like me and the other 16 want me dead IRL, me included

Eduarda

I dont know. Why would i softclaim?
Mafia revival: survived to day 3 where i was NKed after i was undoubtedly town with Soul being the only doubter.

TF2 Mafia: didnt roleclaim and was killed day 1 by mafiawagon

Lineages: was mafia. Doesnt count

I believe if i dont, i will be lynched day 1 out of spite because only like 5 people here actually like me and the other 16 want me dead IRL, me included
Fair enough. But I still do feel that in the future, you should hold off soft claiming. This is just a game, after all. All new players tend to be killed off quickly, and it can be frustrating, but it'll be rewarding to hold on.

I think the most odd thing I did so far was vote for you right after DekuNut, with a very typical bandwagon reasoning. Since the discussion had died down, despite not agreeing with DekuNut, I decided to vote for you to put pressure and see what'll happen. But right after, PatCat became the attention so instead I decided to step back and see how things will work out. I didn't fully agree on PatCat, either, as though that post was scummy, it was a single post and not valid for a vote just one day in the game day. Why didn't I vote to pressure him? Because me switching votes so quickly would cause a mess I didn't want to deal with on mobile. I've been asking questions to try to get some more discussion going. I don't know how else to defend myself???

And since that pressure vote didn't really do anything, I may as well
Unvote: Storm

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Eduarda is trying really hard. Not sure yet whether that implies super scum or super town.

Storm plays the same way this game.

Her posting style reminds me of my own when I was scum in TF2. Sort of meandering, aimless trying to gather other people's thoughts. It was my first scum game in more than 2 years, and with the claims, I wanted to know who thought who scummy, so I could exploit it.

Its not scummy, but I'll FoS Sadia regardless.

@Jamie what are you hoping to achieve with your vote? Clearly not a lynch, right?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Just wanna remind you all that claims of any kind are not permitted during the first day. @Storm your softclaim was extremely vague so I'll let it go for now, but no more until at least Day 2 please.

MODNOTE: I am not confirming nor denying whether any claims made up to this point have been true or false.

Sadia

Have a Punderful Day!
Guess we're not doing RVS this game huh.... :<

Tbh, I thought all the votes on PatCat were a bit silly. If it were any other mafia day, and we were seriously voting (which we are right now), would you be voting someone based off one post?

I've played with PatCat before. He's not one to write elaborate posts or always have solid judgements/reads. So, the post he made was one I'd expect. Also, like he said, he just got back to playing, so perhaps he's still adjusting and thought Day 1 was a more relaxed Day, like usual. That's why his post didn't faze me at all. The thing is, I'm assuming Mido knows all that I just said. I wonder whether he voted Pat because he thought he'd be an easy target? That's just speculation though. I also thought Jamie jumping on that wagon was kinda weird.

I also didn't like all the fire Storm was receiving earlier. Why are character list posts unimportant or crappy? I honestly thought he was being progressive, and it seems that we DID make some conclusions out of the whole discussion. I feel like we got more out of it then we'd get from RVS. Well, I'm not going to call anyone scummy just because we have a difference of opinion, BUT Dekunut did jump out at me with this vote here:

I'm just gonna
Vote: Storm
I've got nothing on anyone so I have to start somewhere. You're focusing a lot on characters which to be honest doesn't matter when the lines seek to be drawn out quite clearly and claiming is heavily cut down on.

The reasoning is inconsistent because, he talked quite a bit about roles himself. I feel like he's pulling at straws here, just to start something.

Another thing, Eduarda clearly ignored Kirion's post when he said she seemed to be trying too hard, even though others quoted it, and also discussed it. Hmmmmm........

Eduarda

Another thing, Eduarda clearly ignored Kirion's post when he said she seemed to be trying too hard, even though others quoted it, and also discussed it. Hmmmmm........
Everyone's saying it's my meta so I didn't find there was anything else to comment on. I just think I'm excited as it's my first game in a year

@The Hero of Legend This is your first game? :) Are your teammates helping you get settled in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom