• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Attention Span

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
How is your attention span? Have you felt it improve overtime or get worse and is there anything you believe has influenced the attention span you have today?

For me I think it has gotten worse in recent years due to scrolling social media and short-form content too frequently. I do sometimes find myself struggling to concentrate on other things and find myself pulling up youtube or facebook far too much for my own good while I should be focusing on other things or taking some time away from the screen. Perhaps someday I wi

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Champion
I have a rather good attention span. I am able to keep my head on straight and do what I gotta do for school. Listening to other people is a whole other thing. If someone is rambling and ranting about something, let's just say that I have mastered the ability of having my body in the present, but my mind is wandering someplace else. I just sit there, nod my head and say something every now and then, but really my mind is thinking about anything else.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
My attention span has been getting so much worse. When I first joined ZD I didn't have a phone, and I would be fine reading pages and pages of long theory threads. Now if anything in more than a paragraph or two I can't focus on it. It makes theorizing and writing post very difficult.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
My attention span is kinda bad. I can sometimes force myself to focus on something for extended periods of time, but even when it's something like gaming I can't do it for too long.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
my attention span is as long as it needs to be
but sometimes my brain feels kind of foggy and I can't concentrate on what I need to

I used to have a bad attention span, but my real attention problem is tunnel visioning. I pay attention to something and don't seem to have the brain resources to pay attention to anything else so I completely zone out

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I would say mine is keen, because I have learned to adapt. I focus on finishing something before becoming distracted with another thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom