• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ascendancy of the Last

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
((Well, here is the opening for the story, the introduction if you will. I guess I will go ahead and give this story a pg-13 rating, as it will definitely have violence sequences, some gory action and a few bad words. So read at your own discretion. Oh yes, I almost forgot, I am human, so please excuse any mistakes you might find. ^^
I am also open to feedback, as it will definitely help me get better with my writing.
You can leave your comments in my profile page, the Story Sign Up thread or here, but I would prefer if you did not post it here, just to keep the story thread clean and really easy to access and follow. This story is dedicated to all my friends and all forum friends/forum colleagues as well. Enjoy. lol))

Ascendancy of the Last

Prologue
Forsaken Fortress, a month after a nearby raid on Wind Fall Island

He sat against the moistened wall of his cell, close to the right side corner, with his butt touching the hardened, cold floor and his legs fully stretched out. His hands were tied together tightly with a fat piece of rope, but to the front side, not the back. The cell block where he was held was musty and held many assorted bad odors, smells that could make any prisoner sick in an instant. Those smells had made the current prisoner puke countless of times.

The cell was also mostly darkened, with no lighting whatsoever to kill the darkness during the nights. Only the light of the moon which shone through the barred windows of the cells, was the only supply of light that the prisoners counted on, and that supply was short lived, as rumors said that around the island was a powerful spell that kept the light away. Still, with the few rays of moonlight that made it through, Rad Manthys felt grateful, for not all was darkness.

That spot where he sat at the moment had become his favorite spot ever since he had been brought to the cell three weeks ago. He had been tossed into the cell by two brutish Furrions and he had not been fed anything since the night of the raid. As to drink, he had been given dosages of a beverage that tasted more like vinegar. Rad had been counting the days ever since he had arrived. Thirty days had passed, and thirty nights as well, seven of those days and nights he had spent aboard one of the mighty ships. But after those seven days had gone by, he had been brought into a forte-like place, with his eyes fully covered and his mouth as well. The handkerchiefs that had been used to cover his eyes and mouth had been removed once he had been thrown into a cell. The guards had come by to the cell block three other instances every one week that passed, and had taken other prisoners out of the block. No food had been brought to the other prisoners, just that sour-like drink, which Rad had spat out mostly than drinking it.

At the moment, the 21-year old felt so hungry that he thought he could eat an entire shark. He felt as thirsty as ever that he thought he could well drink a bucket of salty, sea water if his captors would but bring it to him.

It was late in the night, probably around eleven in the evening, according to his calculations. Two rays of light shone through the barred window. He knew he was the last of the prisoners, for no voices from the others came any longer...he was alone, and he was sure to follow whatever fate those others before him had followed.

Knowing that he had to conserve his energy, Rad had not spoken a word in a long time. He felt weak, and because of his current state, Rad thought that he would indeed die in this place. He would never get to find out if his family was alright, if they had survived that wild night...nor would he ever get to see those beautiful dark brown eyes of his girlfriend.

Only a few other thoughts assaulted his mind during those dark moments, moments that Rad believed to be the last of his short lived life. Rad could only wonder if his family back in Wind Fall Island was okay. Also, his dear friends, those that had not perished during the raid and those that had not been brought here along with him. And what about his girlfriend, a young lady who he had met a year ago, how was she doing? Was she even alive?

Aside from those thoughts, Rad only dreamed of obtaining the tiniest opportunity so that he could escape this forsaken place and make those responsible for all his misfortunes--and that of many others--pay.

He was about to fall asleep, thinking that this night would pass like the others had, with no real occurrences. Suddenly, he was aroused abruptly when he heard a metallic door screeching hard as it swung open. He straightened in his position, knowing that the guards were finally coming. He could hear their raspy voices as they approached through the corridor, laughter distinguishable in their talk. Weak and humiliated as he was, Rad would not give them the satisfaction of letting them see how weak and miserable he really felt at that time. The two furrions who had thrown him in the cell fourteen days ago appeared shortly, both heavily armed and well armored with darknut-like silvery armor and fat, heavy swords within their scabbards that hung at the side of their hips.

"I don't know where the boss gets this rubbish, Locke," one of them said as they stood towering at the other end of the cell, definitely staring at the prisoner before them. "To believe that this fool here is a Dragir...She must be mad. This fool is nothing but a rich boy."

Rad, weakened and unable to say anything, simply eyed them from within the darkness that enveloped him, darkness that had been like his dear companion and blanket throughout those cold nights that he had endured in his captivity. They were huge to him, the Furrions actually being the two tallest ones he had ever seen! Furrions were lengthy creatures by default, but these two...

"She's got a reason to believe so, Gatrie," the other one said as he set his right hand in motion. He held a large steel gray key in that hand and he used it to open the steel-barred door.

"You there!" he shouted. "Stand up, it's time to go, time for phase two."

Rad did not even blink in a span of five seconds. He stayed as he was, unmoving, uncaring. For all he cared at that time, those two behemoths could go to Hel and confront Madussa, the reigning goddess of such dark place according to the many fables that abounded in Hyrule.

The two guards shared a glance at the defiance.

"Go get him, Gatrie," said the one who had opened the cell door, moving aside so that his partner could take on the order. "Hard."

Gatrie, huge smile on his hardened Tiger-like face, moved right away, entering the cell. He had to bend down a bit to grab a hold of the prisoner, but as soon as he grabbed a hold of his torn shirt, he pulled him up easily from the floor as if he was just a rag-doll.

"When Locke Kole speaks you obey, got that, you filthy rat?!" and he made sure to give the prisoner a very rough shake.

Rad Manthys knew he really owned the Furrion a favor, for in his weakened state, he couldn't of had managed to get up by himself. Or maybe he could of, but he was not about to go wasting precious energy that he believed was essential in his escape plan. In his thoughts, this tough monster was going to pay big time...he would hit the floor hard, just like many other foes had done so before. All in good time, Rad thought, savoring the moment, the thought of sweet vengeance.

"This stinky rat looks so weak that it's making me believe a real skinny looking rat looks stronger by comparison!" Gatrie stated. "I might have to carry him back with us!"

"Hahaha," Locke laughed aloud at his companion's observation, Locke followed suit, mirthfully as he placed the human in a comfortable carrying position over his shoulder. "Come on, bring him along, you, lets take him before the council. We do not want to be late and piss off the boss."

"Right," Gatrie agreed, moving out of the cell as he carried the prisoner easily with one hand. "I do not wish to be punished."

Rad eyed the guard's heavy sword hilt all the way through the corridor as the mighty Furrion carried him. He wanted to go for it, take his chance of escaping there. But the poor young man was feeling so weak that even the pure thought of acting felt heavy upon him. No, he was not in the condition to pull the nifty move off. He had fought many foes over his young teen years, but none of them compared to these two monsters in any way...they did not even come close. So it was a death wish what Rad was asking for. Besides, he had his hands tied and even if he did manage to grab a hold of the sword, would he be quick enough to react to cut his bonds with that heavy piece of steel? The sword was sure to weigh more than thirty--if not fifty--pounds! It was a no-go situation, Rad knew, so he would wait for another more chance. But, as the guard took him away from the cell block, Rad began to ponder: would he even get another chance?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jetter

Type to myself in silence
Okay this was very good. Totally loved it with all the detail at the beggining because I love detail. There was only one mistake I saw and that was all I saw I think. It was lets instead of let's.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Okay this was very good. Totally loved it with all the detail at the beggining because I love detail. There was only one mistake I saw and that was all I saw I think. It was lets instead of let's.

I looked for let's but did not find it, maybe I missed it, so if you could point me in the right direction where it is, I can correct that. I only found (lets) which is spoken by one of the guards, but that is how it is suppose to be used...Had I used let's it would also work as let's is two words: let us.
Glad you enjoyed the intro. :P

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Locke was saying "lets take him down to the council".

Yes, he did say that. But you said it was lets instead of let's. I don't see any let's. lol So that is why I was thrown off. I was looking at the intro like a crazed beast trying to find let's. XD

arkvoodle

Diabolical
The story is coming along great Xel (Rad :P) I can't wait to see the next part!

It's a shame the previous story was deleted...

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
The story is coming along great Xel (Rad :P) I can't wait to see the next part!

It's a shame the previous story was deleted...

Lol thanks alot. Yeah, it's a shame it got deleted, I was getting far on that one. Oh well, no harm done, here I am at it again, writing my simple stuff. Here's the end of the prologue. Next, come the introductions of your characters. So if you can scream in delight, do so now....Weeeeeeeee! :lol:

The guards took him through several long, wide corridors. These corridors either had guards or crates lined up along the walls. Rad noticed that the place was well guarded by an assortment of species. Through out the place he saw Rito, Furrion and even a few Bokoblin kin. That threw him off guard a bit, for Bokoblins were monsters, and they rarely joined up with any of the other species. As to the Rito, they were suppose to be a friendly kin.

"Halt!" Rad suddenly heard a man's shout from up front. The guard who was carrying him stopped, so did his companion at the far left side. Someone moved toward the pair of guards, his heavy armor resounding along the corridor as he stepped toward them. "What business have you two here in the council room?"

"Step aside, Omega!" the guard off to the left shouted. "Clear the way for us. the boss has demanded that we bring her the remaining prisoner. I don't know what she's got up her sleeve this time around, but I am not about to disobey her orders. She told us to bring him over to the council meeting, so here we are."

The guard stared hard at the two behemoths. He was a human guard, puny in comparison. After a few seconds of silence and intense staring between the brutish guards and the door guard, the man turned around and made a signal with his hand. Two other human guards that stood behind him near the huge, wooden door, nodded and removed their spears out of the way. One of them opened the door.

"That's the way I like it," Gatrie growled. "Out of my way, you human fools!" He and his partner started moving forward. As they went by and the guards were left behind, Rad Manthys was able to see them.

They stepped into an oval-like room which had a very high round ceiling. Rad took all the information of this room to heart. The guard that had carried him finally had set him down in front of him, and as immediately as he had done so, Rad began staring around, taking a measure of the room. The room felt at normal temperature. There were windows, all barred with steel bars on the outside and covered with a rare type of glass on the inside. There were also many iron-clad statues of warriors lining on every wall, Rad did not dismiss the fact that all of those guards were alive. The floor, Rad noticed as he glanced downward briefly, was covered with a red, royal carpet with yellow trim lines. And in front of him was a large, rectangular wooden table. Around this table were seated seven persons. There was a white feathered Rito female sitting off to the left and a yellow-black furred female Furrion to the right, the rest of the pack looked human enough. One of them, a red haired girl who concealed her face behind an ivory cat-like mask, stood out from the group. She was tall, even when seated, Rad had seen much of her during that awful night of the raid. She had been at least six feet four inches tall. She had been the one who'd had to subdue him that night, and she did it without breaking a sweat. One well placed punch had put Rad on the ground that stormy night. And Rad found out that the figure was a woman once she had spoken and given out orders to her clumsy guards, guards that ferocious Rad had managed to fend off.

Here she was again, this time dressed in a royal outfit instead of the long dark trench coat she was wearing that night of the raid.

"Leave us," she spoke behind the mask, her voice steady. The guards nodded and then turn to leave, leaving a weak Rad standing before the council.

For a long moment, the council members simply sat staring at the prisoner, who stared back too. But Rad was not interested in the other folk that flanked the tall woman, his brownish eyes were bored directly on her.

After a minute or so of the silence and creepy stare showdown, someone from the council coughed. Then, after sighing out loudly, the figure who sat in the middle of the table, stood up.

Rad followed her movements all the way as she rounded the table. She was definitely coming toward him, he noticed. She was wearing a bluish coat worthy of a king, and black, tight pants that reached just below her kneecaps. She also wore long, dark, leathery boots that reached just below the kneecaps, therefore covering the rest of her long pants.

When she approached him, Rad noticed that the woman smelt like a natural fresh flower. She probably had sprayed herself with a natural concoction, which were also known as perfumes and fragrances all over Hyrule. Those were hard to make fragrances, only the most wily concoctioners could pull off the task of perfume-making. Aside from the positive smell, which eradicated Rad's own assortment of bad smells in the room, the lass seemed to spread some sort of magical energy, a soothing-like type of wave energy that surrounded her.

The tall lass stood right in front of the prisoner, her green, emerald eyes staring at him from behind the ivory mask. She could tell that there was an air of arrogance and pride in her captive's face. She knew who he was, knew him by first and last name. Who hadn't after all? Rad was a member of the Manthys family, possibly the richest family in the continent.

"The other prisoners that came with you are all dead," she informed him, her voice steady. Rad straightened and glared at her eyes. What she had said had definitely hurt him. His friends were dead!
As she moved to encircle him, the tall woman went on to speak. "They were not strong enough to withstand my tests. The question now for us is...Are you the one we've been looking for?"

She came around him again, those pretty green eyes bored on him. Rad did nothing but stand there, taking a measure of what the woman was saying. There was no escape from this room, there were too many foes to even think about escaping alive.

But his dear friends were all dead! That fact alone was telling Rad to go for it, to reach out with his binded hands and to place the tight rope around the tall woman's neck. Rad believed that he could manage to do it quickly, but...

A fierce back-handed slap almost sent him stumbling to the floor, but Rad kept his balance. The hit had stun him like a hundred bee stings on his cheek. The woman was strong!

"You...in your weak condition think you can subdue me and use me as a hostage in an attempt to escape?"

Rad straightened back up, tasting his own blood within his mouth. His eyes went to the woman, who stood calmly in front of him. So she can read minds, Rad thought. That was just great!

"I can see right through you, Rad Manthys," she spoke aloud, her tone still steady. "Many have thought the same thing you do now...You wish nothing else but to kill me. All of those fools who thought of doing the very same thing are dead, forgotten...gone from the memories of this world. You will listen to me, and you will listen good if you do not want to follow in their footsteps...I--," she paused and briefly glanced back at the council through the corner of her eyes. "We...need your assistance. It has come to our attention that you are good wielding a sword. My clan and those that are associated with it wish for you to become our Weapons Master."

Rad listened on, not uttering a word. So his few adventures had not gone by without been noticed. They knew of him, of what he could do!

"Don't look so shocked," the woman went on to say as she rounded him again, her beautiful green eyes eyeing everything there was to see about the man. "My network is ample...and...your secret was betrayed to us."

Rad turned his head to the right and glanced at her with fury in his eyes. She smiled behind the mask, revealing to her prisoner that she had done so thanks to her partly closed eyes.

Rad lowered his head in shame...Oh, his dear old friend would pay big time.

Satisfied, she left it at that and then stood again in front of him.

"You are Rad Manthys, good citizen of Wind Fall Island who's been helping the needy these needful times, protecting them from scum like me. But that is not all...You are also one of the few Dragirs in existence living undercover as a human. Does that sum it up? Or should I go on and keep bringing old stuff up? I can speak about the..."

"That will be enough," Rad felt disgusted, his voice came out as a shout, making everyone present glance at him, even the guards near the walls. "You will do no such thing. What is it that you want from me?"

"There, there now, we are getting somewhere, aren't we?" She leaned in close to him and said almost in a whisper, "Let us just say that the time has come once again for you to render your services. That is all you need to know, and you know it." She rose her tone again. "So...We have a few tasks for you to perform. One of them is to train our servants, our warriors. You will teach them the way of the Dragir. You will teach them how to fight, how to kill, and they will learn how to do it effectively without failing, like a Dragir like you has done it through out the centuries. As to the other tasks...You will know of them soon enough. For now...do you understand what it is that I...I mean, we want from you?"

Rad stood facing the floor, but moments later, he nodded a few times, disgusted with himself. "Wait," he called out as the tall lass appeared to be leaving satisfied with his nod.

"Yes?" she turned around.

"My family..."

"Do no be concerned with their lives," she said. "They live still..."

Rad sighed heavily in relief.

"But...they are being held captive, too, in some place else, along with most of the citizens of Wind Fall. If you but fail to obey me...You wont ever see them again. I hold them in the palm of my hand." She approached him again. "Do you understand that, Rad of Manthys?"

"Yes," Rad was quick to respond. He could do nothing but trust her word. He wasn't going to go on and ask her to show him that they were actually alive. Rad knew he did not want to taste another of her blows again.

"Good..." she said, her voice as steady and friendly-like as ever. "Now you will go eat something and you will be taking a good, long bath afterwards. Tomorrow is the day you start your first task. Complete your tasks successfully and you will be a free man--Dragir...and you will have everything back...and much more, I promise."

((End of Prologue))

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Chapter 1
Their Own Plot

Three Months after the Raid on Wind Fall

"Will he ever forgive you?" a well educated voice was heard that sunny day. Yosh Nataku, who had been standing near the edge of the small Island known as child island, did not even stir at the question. His back was shown to his pet, a wizard assassin from another world who was a powerful ally indeed.

"Frankly," Yosh responded as he kept his stare out to the north east where in the distance loomed the shadowy figure of the Forsaken Fortress. "I don't care, Ark. There is too much to be gained from all of this than for me to care for my friendship with my ex boss and friend. Besides," the white-robed wizard turned around, his long, brownish hair dancing with the mild wind that blew that sunny day. "Rad abandoned me a long time ago, Remember? He turned against me, against our race, just to settle himself down and live in peace with the humans."

Ark Mantrios, who had been sitting against the light brownish trunk of a tree, drove his stare away from the reddish apple that he had been eating and directed his attention at his mighty Master, whom he had noticed had finally turned around.

"That traitor," Ark almost shouted in disgust. "He deserves your treachery. Blasted fool, to have abandon his race for the simple company of humans and...Furrions and koroks and...yes...those filthy flying birds--I am going to wipe that race from this world one day."

Yosh walked up to Ark, who stood up when his much taller Master got to him. "All in good time, dear Ark. I know you have your own ambitions, as do I. But, Rad Manthys is still alive, don't forget that. He will--without a doubt--come against us one day...I know him, and you know him...he always was good in obtaining what he wanted."

"So what are you saying?" Ark asked, noticing that his wizard teacher seemed afraid of Rad, a Dragir much like Yosh was. Ark was no Dragir, nor did he belong to any of the races that graced the surface of the world. He was a Jyy, belonging to one of the many demon classes that lurked in the underworld. Yosh had summoned his assistance a few centuries ago and had kept him under his wing. "Are you telling me that you are afraid of him? Of what he could do to you because you revealed to that lass who he really was?"

"I am not saying that," Yosh's face hardened, and his pupil noticed it and eased his stare. "I just meant to tell you that he will come against us sooner or later. You are in this mess as deep as I am, so you better keep in mind that we've made many powerful enemies."

"Many powerful enemies? Yosh, it is just Rad of Manthys who we have betrayed...I say we because you are right, I am involved in this matter. But relax, teacher. You have taught me well all those centuries ago. I am ready for him if he dares come against us. It has always been an honor to gut those Dragirs that were useless to you...if you think he is a threat, give me the go command and I will deal with him."

"You don't get it, do you?" Yosh turned around and headed back to his old spot where he had been staring out to the north east. Ark Mantrios went after him like a young son would follow his dear father. "Rad is not our only worry now. He has many friends, Arky. Don't forget that Anubis of the Zchoerei tribe still lives, as do Yuki GoldenFlower and Janine Escee, all who served the divine line under Shayla's guidance. Those are powerful foes, and just few that I want to mention to you. We don't have a clue what they turned themselves into, but be assured that they will come forth to their leader's call. They will not be too happy to learn that we've betrayed the clan, the pact that we swore to keep."

"All fools by my own thinking," Ark didn't seemed rattled in the least. "I could of had those dastards gone long time ago, but you failed to give out the orders to me. Instead, you opted to finish Dragiria off, sinking her to the bottoms of the ocean, not thinking that many would survive that catastrophe."

"It was too risky at that time," Yosh spoke, crossing his arms over his chest. His brown eyes were set upon the distance figure of the Forsaken Fortress. "Dragiria was still reigning strong those centuries ago, Rad of the Manthys family rose to power too quickly and crushed his foes. Trust me when I tell you that it was too risky, he would of had found out our intentions and would of had crushed us too. That is why I went for the realm itself instead of a few powerful foes."

"Bah!" Ark snorted. "Just get me close to him and I'll show you what I've become."

"You've become an excellent assassin and wizard under my guidance," Yosh conceded to his pet. "That is why we became allies, because I knew you would grow to be someone big in our world. That is why I trusted my plans to you those centuries ago. You've been acting superb under my orders. And now...We just wait for that red haired gal to obtain the Aqua Pearl from Princess Zelda. Once she does get it, we go in with our forces and steal it. And then...we--me and you--will reign supreme over the world. You keep the south parts of it while I keep the north. It is our deal, a fair one."

Ark Mantrios, who was listening to every word his master spoke, nodded. But he was eager to gut someone, so he spoke. "I definitely find myself in need of killing something, and in big numbers, blood I must drink--And soon! I could go to Dragon Roost and begin with those smelly birds..."

Yosh turned to stare at him. Smiling, the wizard said, "Relax, Ark of Mantrios. There will be much killing for you to do in a few days, and much blood to satisfy your gut. Such wonderful trophies await you...should I mention some?"

"Why don't you?" Ark laughed wickedly. "Maybe that will ease me up a bit."

"Valoo, to begin with," Yosh spoke, also very delighted and in an evil manner. "Then, just for mere pleasure, when the Red dragon is gone from the confines of this world, you can also kill those pesky fairies, we wont need them to keep balance in this world. Why would we need them when we are also going after Madussa and Omega themselves?"

"Hahaha!" Ark laughed, much delighted. "You are probably right, Master. Some feathery things are not worth meeting my blades at the moment. Those foolish Rito can wait...I shall begin with more powerful beings."

He brought out his small dagger and his sword and then begin to slice and dice around him as he imagined himself in the midst of battle. Yosh, eyeing him curiously, proposed, "Well, your dance with the blades has ever delighted me...I could use my Dark Stone and summon some foes for you to play with if you like?"

"Do so," Ark responded, not stopping his movements. The mighty wizard immediately went to work, raising his hands up and closing his eyes. He uttered a few words that were barely spoken out loud and then a dark aura surrounded him completely. The ground below them began to shake, not violently but mildly.

Moments later, bony hands came out from underneath the ground. First one, then another, and then more...more than Ark's eyes could see. Yosh uttered another incantation, one that lifted him off the ground and out of reach from any foes. "Happy playing," he said aloud. "I'll be watching you from up here."

Delighted, Ark Mantrios prepared himself for the coming onslaught. "Fifty bone walkers? What kind of joke is this? You could of at least summoned a Cukuuyo too."

From above, Yosh laughed wickedly. He was about to concede his friend his wish by summoning an ancient beast from the underworld which apparently by Ark's account were the demon's archenemies, but some movement from the north east caught his eye then. Yosh's mouth curled into a delightful smile when he noticed that it appeared that the Pirate Crew that had made the Forsaken Fortress their garrison, were finally moving out.

"My dear, Ark Mantrios," Yosh but whispered. "Finish those bony creatures fast...we have to move."

Below, the skeletons had risen completely from under the ground. All wielded some sort of weapon, and all of them knew who they had to attack, the lone, figure that stood in the middle of them.

((End of Chapter 1))

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Chapter 2

A New Discovery

Same day, Southern Waters of Ice Ring Isle

From beneath the cold, icy waters that surrounded Ice Ring Isle came a mighty tug at Alecia Xandria's enchanted fishing pole string.

"Hey!" she shouted as the small boat in which she was sailing rocked hard and was almost flipped over by the fierce tug. The fishing rod, which had been laying harmlessly off to the backside of the boat suddenly went out of the boat and into the water, but since it was enchanted, at the call of her master to stop, it did. The young girl who had shouted the command stood up from her wooden seat and ran to the railing, leaning over it and barely managing to grab a hold of the pole, her most precious belonging. It was a gift from her father and she was not going to lose it, not now and not ever.

Another mighty tug came from below, one that surely would of had pulled the pole underneath the water, but Alecia held the pole strongly with both of her hands and managed to keep it in her possession. The fishing pole also had magical properties that lent the owner extra strength. Knowing that she had caught something, Alecia began to reel in whatever it was that she had caught.

After fighting her catch for a few seconds, Alecia came to realize that her catch was something big, like a shark or a perhaps something bigger than that. Had it been some other smaller fish, it had not been a hard task to reel in, but it was definitely something big, for the magical strength that the pole was sharing with its master was not even appearing to be enough to reel the catch in. It was too strong a creature that the string attached to her pole barely wound an inch.

"Dang it!" Alecia shouted as she had to give the creature more string and liberty. She was losing the battle, something that she had never experienced before in all her fishing days...but she was not going to lose this fight, she was an expert fisherwoman. Her reputation as such was known in many parts of Hyrule. She even had many fishing trophies to prove it.

"I'm not going to lose here," she told herself and pulled hard at the pole, keeping her catch from escaping. She kept fighting it for a while, moments that she had to give in more of the line and then pull it in. On and on the tugging battle went for minutes, and suddenly, Alecia realized that she had managed to reel in a good portion of the string, thanks to the magical properties of her precious pole. Suddenly, below the boat and off to the side of it, she finally was able catch something: She had managed to catch a glimpse of the monstrous dark shadow that belonged to her catch.

She got so scared and nervous that she almost let go of the pole. The creature she had caught appeared to be a whale!

“Im...Impossible,” she stammered nervously. “Whales here?”

The monstrosity that was her catch suddenly gave her a better view of itself as part of its body came out of the water as it seemed to be passing by. Alecia gasped in surprise and horror when she realized it was not a whale but something else! what she had seen of it had been large, yellow scales that could of been the size of herself and dark, pointy tips.

She did not know if what she was living in those moments was real or a simple dream. If she could of pinched herself to assure herself of reality, she would of done so, but she knew she had not the time to do that. She realized then that she was in the real world, not dreaming, and she had somehow managed to catch a monster. This monster, if she caught it somehow, would be her biggest trophy yet. She knew that, and she knew what awaited her if she did catch it. Fame and glory for many generations to come!

A mighty tug, the mightiest she had felt by far in her fishing career, rocked her back to reality. She was almost pulled into the water, but she kept her strong will, so did her magical pole, which was feeding her strength to keep the battle going.

“Thanks, dad,” she finally managed to smile despite feeling scared as never before. “I owe you big time.”

She begin to realize in her inner thoughts that she should of had brought company with her. A few days ago, before she had set out from Outset Island, where she had friends, a few sailors that had made a home there had proposed to her that they go out on three fishing vessels and bring back a mighty quantity of fish. Alecia had refused, for she told them that she was headed to Ice Ring Isle alone in hopes of catching a coveted prize: an ice shark. Ice Sharks were hard to catch, but they fetched a good amount of rupees in the fishing markets. Alecia Xandria had never caught one, but she wanted too catch one badly, that is what kept her in the fishing business.

Up north, many months ago, a fisherman teenager known as Hiro had caught one of the Ice Sharks with the help of his friends, that way becoming the first ever Hyrulean to catch such a rare shark. After his fame and glory, many fisherman and studiers of the sea decided to pursue fame and glory, but the Ice Sharks were rare breeds and difficult to catch. Not one other had been announced caught since Hiro’s accomplishment. Alecia wanted to be the second person to catch one, and one bigger than what Hiro and his crew had delivered.

Right now it was no Ice Shark that was clinging at the other end of her fishing pole, but a really big monster...one that would sure push her past Hiro’s accomplishment! Alecia Xandria realized that she could not lose the fight to the monster...

But suddenly, all of her sweet thoughts of becoming famous came to an abrupt end. The creature issued a loud bellowing roar from underneath, sound that made Alecia panic. The creature was furious, she knew, and it was rounding back at her from its march. Out in the distance, Alecia noticed that the creature was going to rise out of the water. It did, revealing to her its front end, a large and wide head which very much resembled a dragon’s head but with many differences. Alicia became horrified of the monster, so much that she let go of the pole and backed away from the edge of her boat. As the creature’s body kept rising out of the water, she thought she was a goner, she thought that the beast was going to shatter her boat to pieces and in the process kill her. She sunk low, sitting on the deck of the boat while she embraced her knees with her arms, bracing for the hit.

It never came, but Alecia heard an ear splitting bellow and the loud splashing of water. A fairly good amount of icy water soaked her wet, and she uttered a single cry of fear.

Trembling, she then managed to get a hold of herself and began to stand up. She started walking to the edge of her small boat with shaky legs. There was no shadow in the water anymore. Her eyes scanned all around her for signs of her precious pole. There was nothing similar to it laying on the surface of the water. Alecia went to the other side, still feeling nervous and very scared. No fishing pole there either, and she closed her eyes, knowing that she would have a hard time resigning herself of having lost her most valued possession. She gulped hard, feeling grateful with the All-mighty that at least she was still alive.

Minutes later, sad as she felt, the young woman began preparations to sail away from the Island.

“Father,” she cried, with tears starting to come forth from her eyes. “I have failed you big time. I have lost what I always wanted to keep with me. Please forgive me.”

Many minutes later, Alecia Xandria was sailing toward the north, her heart still heavy from the loss of her precious fishing pole...and the scare.

((End of Chapter 2))

Anubis

The most inactive active
Nice! This is going great Rad! :) Im one of the good guys? :O But....I had my own evil laugh and all...like this --> MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA! Just joking... :P

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Nice! This is going great Rad! :) Im one of the good guys? :O But....I had my own evil laugh and all...like this --> MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA! Just joking... :P

You are one of the good guys. XD

Anyway, here's your intro.

Chapter 3

A Warrior from the Past

Same Day, Wind Fall Island, 5:00 pm.

“Hurry it up, you dirty dog,” the captain of the watch shouted at one of the recruits. “Town’s got to be safe while under my watch. Now go to the east and relieve the guard there. You‘ll be keeping your good sight out to sea. If you see anything funny, you report straight to me. Got it?”

“I am on my way, captain,” the recruit responded as he indeed started to head east in his walk.

“You better be,” the old, grouchy captain shouted as he saw the young one doing what he had just been told. The captain was fat and six feet tall, his hair was mainly white as snow and he was fully covered with gray, heavy armor. On his back he carried a huge two-headed axe, weapon that he used when fighting. “And you be staying there until midnight. No food and drink until your relief gets there, those are the rules I’ve set for my squad.”

“Got it, sir,” the recruit responded and then started to run. This recruit was also dressed in light armor. He carried two blades, one on each side of his hips. And he carried an over-the-shoulder leathery satchel where he kept other useful items. He was short by human standards, but he was no human at all. That human facade was but a ruse, the real Dragir remained underneath it.

Anubis Harken, proud and the only remaining member of the ancient dragir tribe of the Zchoerei, had been working undercover since a year ago. He had let himself get recruited by the Sword and Dirk Pirate clan, the most feared clan in all of Hyrule. They were up to something, he had known that since a while back, that is why he had let himself be recruited by them. He would not leave their ranks until it was made clear to him what they were after.

Anubis had not participated in the raid of Wind Fall Island, rather he had arrived with the current crew that was occupying the Island under the orders of a tall, red haired girl who everyone in his group seemed to fear. The town was not destroyed, but at the moment it was serving the Pirate Crew as some sort of secondary base. All Anubis knew from all the chatter he had heard recently was that the group Sword and Dirk was preparing an invasion of another Island.

Thinking many things in his head, Anubis arrived to the location where a very young human guard stood watch out to sea.

“Oh, hey,” this one said as he saw the new arriver. “You startled me with your footsteps. Is it time for me to be on my way? I am hungry, haven’t eaten anything since I was sent here to keep watch. That dang old thing that we call captain is very strict.”

“Yes, he’s grouchy, must be his age. And yes, you may go, soldier,” Anubis responded kindly. “If I were you I’d go directly to the cook.”

“I shall,” the young soldier said as he grabbed some of his belongings from a nearby wooden table that had been set there so guards could set stuff there. “If you want, I can bring you something to eat. I’ll make sure nobody sees me coming here.”

Anubis glanced over at him. “I don’t want you getting in trouble, so no. I will manage, just like you did.”

The soldier nodded, then left in a hurry, leaving Anubis alone and to his task. Anubis took a deep breath, removed the helm that he had been given by the group and then set it on the wooden table.

“Keep an eye out, eh?” he said as he sat down on a wooden chair that was beside the table. “That is not really my kind of job. I’d be feeling more at home if I was serving under Captain Manthys orders, killing foes and fighting going on all around me.”

He then pondered about his other two female friends, who were also of Dragir kin and few of the survivors since the catastrophe of Dragiria. Yuki GoldenFlower and Janine Escee were their names, dragir females that had served the same squad under the orders of Rad Manthys. As he sat there staring out to the open ocean, Anubis thought what had become of them. What had they transformed into when catastrophe struck and the powerful land of Dragiria had been swallowed by the sea? Were those two dragirs even alive? He closed his eyes, thinking that perhaps they had not made it after all. The last time he had seen them those centuries ago, those two had been with the Captain himself, whereas Anubis had been dispatched on a mission with more than a hundred other dragirs, all of whom had fallen to an unidentified foe in one of the towers of the dragir city. Anubis himself had barely managed to escape the magical onslaught himself, and in order to have done so, he’d had to sacrifice many valuable items that he had possessed back then.

“Just as soon as I find out what these creeps are after I will go on an excursion to find them.” Anubis told himself. “It maybe that one day I could find them, or they can find me. For now...Captain Rad, Yuki, Janine, be well.”

((End of Chapter 3))

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Thank you, Vaati. Glad that you like it. I might publish this myself. XD

Chapter 4

Arriving at Dragon Roost Island

Dragon Roost Island, Sundown

“What do we have here now?” the young lad asked himself as he noticed two small boats in the distance. Inko Rami was his name, and he had been hired a month ago by the Rito chief in Dragon Roost Island to serve as a lookout.

He was glad of the job he had been assigned. Ever since he had been appointed “Watcher of the Southern Region” Inko had had many reports to give. Particularly it had been reports of merchant vessels and small boats that usually found themselves sailing the seas in search of rare artifacts and places to sell and trade.

“These two have to be merchants too,” the twelve year old kid told himself. He did not have the use of a magical lens, or what the Rito called a Telescope, which was used by pirates and sailors alike to view far away things in the distance at a much nearer perspective. He still had to earn that as a watcher.

“Two vessels off to the south!” Inko shouted loudly so that another lookout could hear and carry the warning to the Rito guards within the stone fortress. “If my eyes don’t fail me yet, they appear to be trading vessels.”

Inko heard a very loud chirp in return, a chirp that let him know that his warning had been received. He did not relax, rather kept staring out at the boats from his position up high in the Island.

The kid was not off in his assessment, one of the boats indeed belonged to a merchant, while the other, a much faster smaller boat belonged to someone else, a young woman.

Minutes later, Inko noticed that the boats had made it to the beach of the Island, and as soon as they had arrived, a trio of Rito had come out of hiding and had encountered the newly arrived people.

Inko had good eyes, so he did not have trouble noticing that two of the arrivers were young guys and the other a very cute, brown haired girl.

Wanting to hear more on the matter at hand, Inko opted to come down from his assigned position. He did not have wings like the Rito did, but he did own two enchanted swords that allowed him to fly freely as a bird. By Valoo’s grace, the material needed for such swords to work like they did had been given to the kid as a gift. He now served Valoo and his colleagues, the Rito, to the bone, as he liked to put it.

Down came Inko, using his swords as wings, flapping them as he had launched himself out to the air. He landed swiftly above a tree, just like a Rito or a smaller bird would of had done so. From there, he heard the conversation that was taking place.

“Who are you and what business brings you to our beautiful Island, newcomers?” a brown feathered Rito guard asked the two persons that had arrived. There was also a black dog near the male, probably his companion. “I mean, everyone is welcomed here thanks to Valoo’s favorable ruling. But we still need to ask a few questions now and then.”

“I am a humble merchant,” the guy spoke as he bowed quickly. “My name is Marsden...I handle my business both at sea and on land. I buy and sell stuff at a good price, you see?”

The three Rito guards just stared at him.

“Oh, and this guy here is my clumsy partner Xander. He’s not clumsy, but I like to think he is...get me?"

Again, the Rito just stared at the merchant, then at the black dog, which noticed that the birds had turned to stare at him. He barked at them several times, making them back off just a bit.

"Easy there, Xander. These are not bad birds..."

"Are you sure you don't need to be restraining that beast with a collar?" one of the Rito asked. "The dog looks vicious."

"You are safe from him," the merchant promised as he knelt beside his pet to pat his back.

“What about you, pretty one?” another guard, a much taller white feathery Rito, asked the third human who had arrived alone on a red boat that seemed to have some sort of fast mechanism attached to it in the rear. Such devices were common to see now a days, magic had allowed inventors to come up with that sort of stuff.

“My name is Alecia Xandria,” she spoke in a nice tone, but the guards noticed she seemed a little bit shaken, and they noticed the trace on her face left by tears. Yes, Alecia had been crying still even when she was about to arrive Dragon Roost Island, her fishing pole had been very special to her. “I am...”

“We know who you are,” the main chief guard declared, the brown feathered Rito. “You fish, right?”

“I...” she lowered her eyes to the sandy ground. “I do.”

“Nice,” the the third guard smiled widely. This one also had a silvery coat of feathers covering him. “So what do you say to a game of cards? Go fish?”

The other guard chuckled but was silenced right away after the captain guard elbowed him to be quiet.

"Ouff!" this one cried in pain as he bent a bit after receiving the hit.

“I am not in the mood for playing games right now,” Alecia responded, still in a nice way though. “I just ran into something new out in the ocean...I thought I’d come here and inform Valoo. Perhaps he can let me know what is it that I saw. I hear he’s ancient and knows many things of this world and then some.”

“What did you see?” one of the guards wanted to know. He even leaned forward, showing interest to hear the answer.

“She just said it was something new, you doofus,” the chief guard said. “So how is she suppose to know what she saw?”

The guard shrugged, and the main chief turned his attention to the lass. “Was it a fish, though? Or a bird? Or what?”

"Maybe it was her shadow," the guard that had gotten elbowed proposed with a laugh, causing Alecia to glance at him.

“It was a giant be...” Alecia started to say, but then she noticed that there were too many bodies around her, even a boy above on a tree that seemed too interested in the conversation. “I better save my report for dear old Valoo. Is that okay?”

“Yes, as you will,” the captain of the guard said, then coughed. “You two, take her to Valoo right away.” As the guards led the beautiful fisherwoman away, the captain turned his attention to the guy and his dog.

“As to you two, you are welcomed to stay and spend the night here. Be assured that the flock will want to see your goods, they are always buying cheap crap from merchants who come here.”

Marsden stood back up and stared at the Rito guard.

“Well I am sorry to ruffle your feathers, bro,” he replied, hurt by what the guard had said. “But I don’t sell crap, our goods are unique and very rare, right Xander?”

Xander barked loudly.

“That’s what every merchant says,” the guard winked at Marsden. He barely issued an audible chuckle, but he nodded at them.

“Very well, I will go up and inform my colleagues of your arrival. As I have said, they will be interested to see what...sort of goods you offer.”

The chief left, leaving the two friends alone.

“Do you think we will make a good fortune with these birds, Xander?”

The dog barked back in response and followed his master back to the boat.

“To tell you the truth, my old friend, I am more interested to hear what that pretty lass has to say to Valoo...Anyway,” he started to run in the cool water that reached the beach. “Let us begin to unload the goods. Those birds will be out here any minute.”

“Woof, woof!”

Inko, who knew the scene was at an end, spread his swords out like wings then headed back up to his position. He knew he would get a chance to see the merchants and their goods soon, everyone in the Island always got that opportunity.

((End of Chapter 4))

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Chapter 5

Free to Go

Forsaken Fortress, same day...close to Nightfall

A different looking Rad Manthys stood near the edge of one of the tall ramparts looking out to the west. He was not in his fake human form, rather he was his own self, the true white-scaled Dragir being that he was born to be millenias ago. His capturee had provided him three nice looking outfits. That day, Rad was wearing dark pants and dark boots. His torso was covered with a very light piece of dark armor. He was also carrying a brown belt around his waist, from which hung a golden scabbard, a satchel and two small dagger holsters on his right side. Tucked near his sword's scubbard was also a silvery, double-barrel pistol, one which had a large, magical, pinkish diamond as a handle. The diamond had been neatly carved into the form of a skeleton's torso by expert Dragirs centuries ago.

Those were his actual weapons that had survived the fall of Dragiria along with him. Thanks to the red haired woman's grace, Rad had managed to go and get them from an Island where he had hidden them the day he had decided to live among the humans. He had not gone alone, the red haired pirate lass and more than fifty effectives had gone along with him. That trip had been four days after Rad had recuperated himself from the long foodless days he had spent as a prisoner. According to him, he had told the red haired girl that in order for him to train her soldiers, he would need to display his skills while wielding his only true weapons, and so the lass had agreed to take him to where he had hidden them. The trip took a week, but after they returned to the Forsaken Fortress, Rad went all out with his training of the soldiers, teaching them everything he knew.

Below the rampart where he stood, a small fleet of three enormous ships and five regular war vessels were beginning to set sail out to the west, all ships full of troops. These were to follow another contingency that had left earlier, but these others were headed to another direction.

He wondered what that was all about. During his stay in the Forsaken Fortress, he had not heard anything that could fill him in on whatever was going on. No rumors he had heard, no whispers coming from soldiers or servants...nothing.

“They leave on orders from me,” a female’s voice, one that Rad recognized immediately, startled him from behind. He turned around, his right hand on the hilt of his precious golden sword, one which he knew as Sword of the Meek ever since he had acquired it from the Dragir Queen herself back in the old days.

He eased his grip right away, noticing that the red haired lass stood just at the edge from the climbing ladder. She had gotten to him without making a single noise, and that set the Dragir on edge.

“Relax, big guy. Weren’t you curious about all the movement below?”

“I was,” he said, turning his gaze back out to sea. There was no reason to fear the tall lass, the Dragir had understood that many days ago. Had she wanted him dead, she would of had killed him by now. She had not, and that was only because Rad served many purposes for her. Not only had the Dragir performed admirably for her during his imprisonment training her servants and soldiers in the arts of fighting and combat, but Rad had also proven worthy in many other ways, like the retelling of the tales of old, which the Dragir knew quite well. Aside from that, he was something amusing to look at, the tall read haired girl believed. She enjoyed talking to him, enjoyed being by his side.

The tall girl walked slowly toward him until she stood at his right side. That day she was wearing a sleveless white blouse and dark, tight pants and her fancy boots. Rad also noticed that she wore several golden necklaces and several rings which shone brightly.

She took a good measure of the warrior, and so did he, after he noticed that the woman was intently staring at him. Was it the dark, medium sized ram-like horns that adorned the top of his head what had her awestruck? Was it the few scales that covered his face, torso, arms and legs that kept her amused? Or did she simply stare at him because she wanted to do just that? Rad did not know the reason, and he was not about to ask her, that would be rude, he thought.

“The day for the invasion of Castle Zelda is at hand,” she went on to reveal, shocking him. “But first, those troops are headed somewhere else, they need to perform a task first. You, my dear Captain, are free to go now. You are a free man--Dragir...like I promised you.”

Rad turned his full body to her after she said that. “You are not kidding me?”

“Nay,” she responded, opting to turn away from the Dragir’s stare and out to her fleet of ships below. “You have done well, Rad. You managed to train my followers in the allotted time that I set up for you, you managed to tell us all there is to know about magic, the past...and you managed to teach me a few things too.” She turned her stare back at him, Rad only being able to see those pretty, emerald green eyes.

As he stared back at her, Rad only wondered what she could possibly look like. Was she a pretty woman? Or did she cover her face simply to hide her ugliness, a scar or a burn?

“What could I possibly have taught you?” Rad asked. “I never gave you any lessons, mistress.”

Mistress is what everyone else had been calling her, so that stuck to Rad as well.

The wind blew lightly then, making the woman’s hair lash out away from her.

“To learn something, one does not necessarily have to take part in it to learn. I saw from afar on many occasions...and I learned, trust me.”

That settled that, Rad was not about to dispute that, for she was right, one could easily learn just by mere observation or through good hearing.

“Well,” Rad said, his voice gentle. “I am glad I served you well. I was only acting under your orders, what choice did I have? I was your prisoner, I obeyed your commands, I did not want my human family harmed. And now, if you really mean that I am a free Dragir, a free man to go...I will do just that. But before I leave...will you tell me where my family is at? I wish to reunite with them.”

The woman stood staring at him for a while, then she spoke. “We had a deal. I may be a pirate and only trash to your eyes, but I have my honor. I said that I would compensate you well enough after all was done. You will find many items waiting for you in a chest within your private quarters...And of course I will tell you about your family.”

She stared away from him and decided to stare back out to the west, where her ships had managed to form an inverted V formation. She folded her well toned arms over her chest.

“The night of the raid on Wind Fall, I knew your human family would serve me a great deal just in case you refuse to help me out. It turned out that I guessed right, you came to love your family too much to have them get hurt. You helped me with my tasks as long as the safety of your family was assured. Trust me, they are well. But before I tell you where they are, you may want to learn about your old Dragir friend, the one who betrayed you, the one who told me who exactly was Rad of Manthys in Wind Fall. If not for his help, my followers and I would of had never guessed you were that Dragir in human form. Now I know you only desire to leave and make sure your family is okay, but I also know that after you take care of that, you’ll go looking for him in an attempt to repay him for his bad deed.”

Rad lowered his sight to the sea below. From the ramp-way that led up to the guard parapets, a few shouts were heard, and those belonged to guards who were keeping guard all over the Island. From where Rad and the red haired gal stood, they could see the figures of the guards below.

“Maybe you already know this, maybe you don’t. Yosh Nataku, as he told me was his name, has possession of a rare stone that use to be mere legend to us Hyruleans. We know that stone by the name of Omega’s Folly...perhaps you heard of it?”

Rad shook his head, for he really did not know of such stone.

“Well...that stone is said to be one of three in existence. Once put together, these powerful stones form one...One that serves a purpose. I don’t know what that purpose is...but the tales say that the stones form a key, one that opens the resting place of Omega Blaster, whom the legends describe as being the All-Mighty’s son and one who was cast out from Celestia. Your friend carries this dark stone with him, just thought you should know that, for if the legends are true, then he is more dangerous even than myself. Being a Dragir and all...and after all you have told me about the past, well I thought that perhaps that information would come handy to you.”

Rad was staring at the ground, but he rose his sight up and leveled it at the tall woman’s own.

“Did you say dark stone? Was the stone you saw dark in color?”

“I did,” the mistress nodded, turning her body in his direction so that they stood staring face to face. “And yes it was. The stone was dark in color and with an ancient symbol carved on it that I could not recognize. I only found out that he had it in his possession thanks to my magical abilities. If you want, I could show you a hologram of this stone right now.”

“Do, please,” Rad almost grabbed the mistress’ hands, but he detained himself knowing that he could suffer greatly if he did.

“Very well,” she said, and she began to motion her hands in a circling motion. She uttered something that Rad did not understand and then, bit by bit, the air around them began to bubble with many assorted colors. Rad backed away and covered his eyes, these hurt because of the shiny light that radiated from the bubbles. He then heard the woman say, “It is done.”

And he stared back only to find a small hologram that depicted the image of the stone.

The Dragir felt a wide variety of sensations as he saw the image in front of him. The tall woman did not miss any of his reactions. She knew that the Dragir felt enraged, felt the pain of the past come to life before him.

“So it was him, wasn’t it?” she asked him moments later, when Rad had calmed himself and appeared to be breathing normally, his stare set on the ground. She dismissed the hologram and concentrated her stare on him.

Rad said nothing, he was still too shocked of it all, too shocked to have found out after many centuries that Yosh Nataku, Dragir whom he had adored as a friend, had actually been the one who had played a role in the destruction of the Crystal City: Dragiria. He was carrying the very stone that had kept Dragiria’s balance above the water, the very stone that had given every Dragir long lasting life.

Rad turned his head sideways, his eyes closed. He was feeling more than hurt as those past images returned to his memory.

“Your friend was the one responsible for the...” she did not have the nerve to finish her sentence. She was a strong Sage and something else, but she did not want to take her chances with an enraged Dragir.

“How...could...he...” Rad spoke in stammers and feeling very miserable. He was more than enraged, and it seemed then to the mistress that he would not be able to contain his rage. So she spoke quickly...

“Listen to me good, Rad. You are free to go, you are bound to my service no more. You know now that I intend to replace both King and Queen of Hyrule with my own government. I do not wish to kill you, nay, it was never my intention to harm you nor your family. But I needed your services...I think that by having shared that information with you, that about makes us even. You now know...after many centuries of wondering, who was the one responsible for the demise of your precious realm. You might go after him, you might do battle with him, you might do other stuff...but know this, though...If you cross my path and intend to stop me from fulfilling my plans, we will become enemies. And if that does come to happen...I wont be seeing you as a friend. I will strike at you without hesitance...and just so you remember the power I possess...here’s a demonstration for you...”

The mistress lowered her arms straight down, fists clenched tightly, then she quickly folded her arms halfway back up. She then started reciting some spell as she moved her arms in many different angles and her emerald green eyes became as white as the snow. The air began to blow furiously, causing Rad to glance around in a concerned way. It appeared to the Dragir then that the wind was howling like the laughter of a thousand demons. When Rad set his eyes on the mistress, he noticed that a ball of energy was beginning to form in front of her.

The ball of energy kept growing until it reached the size of a peahut.

Suddenly, the mistress released the energy ball out to the west toward Star Island. Rad followed it with his eyes as it sailed across the now darkly sky. He even felt a rush to head to all the way to the stone railing of the rampart, and so he did. The woman stared at his movements and said, “Star Island will no longer exist after this night.”

Rad turned a serious glare at her. How the Dragir hated individuals who seemed to destroy the world and not give a dang about it. He felt like retaliating at her for her deed, but he didn’t and she knew of his intentions but said nothing.

“You have another option I will offer you now,” she said, noticing that the Dragir’s eyes went back out to sea to follow the magical ball of energy she had released moments ago.

“You can join me...and lead my forces against the crown. I'd appoint you my Second in Command, just below my rank. If you do join me...there will be much to be gained...And...if you join me, I myself will go with you and hunt your friend down. I need an answer before you go...”

Rad, who was staring out to the west did not respond. Instead, he kept in silence as in the distance a great explosion rose from out of nowhere. The Dragir knew the ball of energy had reached Star Island and had exploded, obliterating it to smitherans. Whoever had been living there was sure gone from this world now, and that pained the Dragir as much as the treason of his own kin.

“I don’t have anything against you,” was what Rad responded many minutes later. “But I have never risen my blade against the meek. Ever since I became a Dragir soldier I swore to protect those that could not protect themselves. I swore an oath to King and Queen to never raise my blade against innocents or for evil deeds. I swore an oath to fight against those who wish to cause pain, sorrow, and death...This means this oath makes me your enemy, but like I said...I have no problem with you...yet. I have another one I must seek first.”

The Red haired woman just stood straight as the Dragir went past her. She shivered when Rad glanced over his shoulder just to look at her.

"Then you have chosen death..." she said as the Dragir started to head down the ladder.

Rad stopped short, just in time before his head disappeared from the woman's view.

"I've been dead since a very long time ago." And with that, he climbed down the ladder, fast.

((End of Chapter 5))

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Chapter 6

The Guardian

Dragon Roost Island, Night

Valoo was always happy to receive visitors, especially if those visitors came seeking his advice.
Noticing a light frown on the young girl who had just walked into his cool chamber, a top-most room in Dragon Roost Island, he knew something was troubling her.

"Valoo, oh venerated Red Dragon," Alecia said as she was instructed to say by a guard who stood guard outside of the chamber. "I place myself before your good grace." And she knelt on one knee and lowered her head down, her eyes closed. "My name is Alecia Xandria."

"What is it that you seek, young one?" Valoo replied. A magical amulet that a wizard Rito had created for Valoo allowed the Red Dragon's voice to be heard in an understandable language, that language that Hyruleans spoke. This amulet hung from the Dragon's wide neck and it sparkled every time he spoke.

Valoo was old--nay--he was ancient, though nobody could guess the Dragon's real age. What the Hyruleans knew of him was that he had been living since the foundation of the Earth. He was not the only one, there were other mammoth-like sized beings that still inhabited the world after many thousands of years. With his large eyes, Valoo inspected the beautiful girl. She was wearing a three-piece outfit composed of a light grayish sleeveless blouse, a brownish vest and short, ivory pants that were also known as shorts. She also wore dark brown boots that reached halfway up her shins and a brown leathery belt secured around her waist. Her eyes were of a grayish color. Her hair was brown, long and tied in a ponytail, and her ears were pointy, as those of elves. To finish off Valoo's inspection, he noticed that she also wore a bracelet and earrings.

"I...I just came here to inform you that while I was fishing near the Ice Ring Isle, I ran into some sort of sea monster," Alecia explained as she stood up, the moment of paying respect to the large Dragon had passed by.

"Hm, so I see...then the vibrations I felt were not just my imagination," Valoo spoke mostly to himself. He was seated inside the great room on a large throne. Though the walls of his personal room were just the stone of the volcano that stood on the Island, the Rito had placed an assortment of frames as decoration to make their Ruler's room look more interesting and royal-like. The ceiling remained the same, there was a large opening on top of the room, which the Dragon use to go out. On many occasions, Valoo could be seen from afar while he sat at the very top of Dragon Roost Island. He mainly sat during the day, as when night came, Valoo was still tied to the rules of the mortal world, he had to find his rest just like any other being populating the world did.

Alecia glanced up at the huge hole in the ceiling, or rather, the volcano's top end. Stars were beginning to show themselves up in the sky, for nightfall had started to fall. Suddenly, both Valoo and Alecia thought they heard a distant rumble.

Knowing that time was of the essence, Valoo told the young girl, "Do not be afraid of what you saw, young one. You do not need to describe it to me as surely I know exactly what it is that you saw. It was frightening to look at, with dark, yellow scales and had many spikes protruding from its body and head. The monster was also enormous. Did I fail in my description?"

Alecia, flabbergasted at the accurate description, just managed to shake her head several times at the enormous Red Dragon. "N...no, you nailed it. That is exactly what I saw...but...That monster is huge! How is that no one else has encountered it before? By the sheer size of it, I am sure someone else might have caught a glimpse of it."

Valoo closed his eyes and kept them closed for quite some time.

"Something is happening," he finally said after a while, moments that Alecia just stood nervously in the room, wondering if she should leave now. It had appeared to her that Valoo had fallen asleep.
"Something I knew would happen soon. If Qhuwheiyar has been disturbed in his deep ocean realm, then Hyrule again is under great threat."

"Wha...What are you talking about, oh Great Dragon?" Alecia seemed puzzled. The famous fisherwoman knew the Dragon knew something she did not know. Well, in reality the great Valoo knew a great deal of things that others did not, but Alecia knew he knew something that was happening in all of Hyrule that she did not. The girl took heart that the Dragon had not mentioned that the beast was an enemy, rather it appeared that he knew the sea monster well. He had probably mentioned his name, which Alecia did not remember now, Valoo had said it too fast.

"So you mean to tell me that we are facing another Ganon like threat, oh Great Dragon? And did you just mention that sea monster by name? Kuway--something..."

"Yes, Qhuwheiyar is just a guardian...like me, there is no need to fear him, though his looks make him the most scary looking of us guardians. There are two who were set as guardians of the ocean waters, Jabu and Qhuwheiyar. Jabu handles guarding the high seas, whereas to Qhuwheiyar, he guards the very deep parts of the ocean where no light shines and where the Syrens reside."

Alecia set a puzzled expression. Syrens were only mentioned in legends. "Syrens exist after all?"

"Every being mentioned in the stories of old exist, child," Valoo replied, courteously. He then stood up from his throne, causing the room to shake. "Come with me now. It is time."

"Time for what?" Alecia asked and the same time the door to the Dragon's lair was opened and a group of five tough looking Rito guards entered.

"Oh great Dragon Valoo," the main guard spoke as they all knelt before him. "Dire news from the east. Star Island has been...Obliterated by..."

"I know of it, Arpask," Valoo informed him. The guards stood up, surprised. "I felt it, and so did Alecia. Now, I bid you all farewell for a few days, there is much I need to do now."

"But oh, Great One, you cannot leave us. Prince Komali is not here, we will be left without a leader and..."

"Code red," Valoo explained, causing the guards to look at each other in concern. "The young girl will ride with me, for she brought proof to me of Qhuweiyar's rising. The world, my friends..." Valoo paused and stared at the Rito. "Is in danger once again. A recent threat has been dealt with, but yet another one has appeared before us. Send out your most swift flying messengers and convey to Zelda Castle that we are in danger once again, alert them and tell them to reinforce the castle. They must protect the King and Queen at all costs. As to our homeland, keep the Island safe. I will return as soon as I can, there is much for me to do now and there is no time to waste."

"Yes, Oh Great One." the guard said and then all five rushed out of the room.

"Come, my little friend," Valoo spoke to the surprised fisherwoman. "Let us be on our way. You need to see something, I will show you as a token for your warning."

She hesitated at first, but then she obeyed. Valoo picked her up with his strong paw and placed her on top of his back just near his wings. She grabbed a hold of the Dragon's neck with her arms, tightening them around it. Moments later, Valoo and Alecia flew out of the volcano's chamber.

As Valoo proceeded to fly south, both of them took a quick look out to the east, and from that high vantage point, both girl and Dragon were able to see a mushroom-like fireball still burning out to the east. They barely caught a glimpse of it before it started to fade.

From high above, Alecia did not have the nerve to stare down. She, as many other mortals did, had many fears, one of them was heights. The wind beat on her face like a splash of water, but Alecia sunk lower and used Valoo's neck as protection from it.

The Dragon Valoo flew swiftly to the south. Alecia began to encourage herself as the minutes went by. Moments later, she was staring down at the world below and yelling in glee, for it felt great to be flying way up high so...near the stars.

((End of Chapter 6))

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom