• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Aren's Sketchbook(aka Monolith's Art Thread)

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I made a promise. I kept it!

I said I'd upload Fang today. Here she is. I admit how much I hate her face, but... it was inked before I knew it, and I really couldn't afford to delay. It took far too long to find the right color of pen to ink the hair edge.

24mfafb.jpg

Feel free to have me redraw her with whatever tweaks to expression, position, or anything else you desire, Tatl.

Ooooh, wow, this is really pretty! Your coloring is quite good, especially when it comes to coloring and shading the folds in clothing. The one thing I would recommend, if anything, is to practice facial proportions a bit more. Your faces are by no means bad by any definition of the word, but they could use some slight touch-ups. I would also recommend starting to draw backgrounds, especially with your skill in detail and coloring. You don't have to of course, as it's just a suggestion, but I think it would make your drawings POP!

Nice job, HM. :)

And since it was MY idea....

...what? What was your idea? I quite distinctly recall that a modern Raenis as well as this drawing being MY idea. [/messwithya]

Seriously... I need help on doing backgrounds.
Ooooh, wow, this is really pretty! Your coloring is quite good, especially when it comes to coloring and shading the folds in clothing. The one thing I would recommend, if anything, is to practice facial proportions a bit more. Your faces are by no means bad by any definition of the word, but they could use some slight touch-ups. I would also recommend starting to draw backgrounds, especially with your skill in detail and coloring. You don't have to of course, as it's just a suggestion, but I think it would make your drawings POP!

Nice job, HM. :)

Yeeeah I know. I'm not too good at facial proportioning yet, and I was in a rush to get Fang's eyes right. I'm working on it a lot. As for backgrounds.... well, it's hard. I should probably start on them though, huh? :3

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
You know I meant the whole Chosen hero of the golden goddesses thing. MY idea. The reason you guys brought in Aren and Val.

Holy crabs this is almost dead. I almost killeded it... Well, I have crappy, blurry Raenis doodles for DarkLink7 and the message "GRR DAGGER! I see why Meli doens't like you, you're HARD TO DRAW >:< So, yeah, bear with me guys.
t9f5uc.jpg

2wlswau.jpg

The second one was only half-colored, it was one of my first times drawing Raenis with my slightly new style habits.

The doodles shown are as follows: Hylia stealing Raenis's sword(yes, that actually happened in the RP Bloodstained Blades), Raenis injured and chained to a dungeon wall(also happened in the roleplay), a random and really bad Raenis face shot(my second ever), a sketch I can only explain as me trying to figure out how those straps on his chest work, and a shirtless Raenis form behind, to show the Mark of Din that brands him as Din's chosen warrior.

I also have me going crazy with Creator powers... Ima wacko. Yes, that is me, I own and am wearing that paint shirt and yes my hair is that long. And yes, I wear glasses. And yes, those are my shoes, I wear blue plaid/duct tape zombie chucks.
30svxbr.jpg

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
Looks awesome, just sort of wish I could see them better, but I blame a camera for that. Still looks cool.

Looks awesome, just sort of wish I could see them better, but I blame a camera for that. Still looks cool.

Thanks, DL. I'm working on a darker version that the camera will pick up better--with shading, as well.

EDIT: I also have a grayscale Val!
What? NO I DIDN'T STEAL THE POSITION IN SHADSIE'S REFERENCE! HAHAHA(yes I did, sorry for my lack of creativity this morning)

4v5o46.jpg

Gahr... this insane streak of BSB I have going... but it IS a good thing, I guess. Dagger is killing me, though.

Last edited:

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
:lol: I'm sorry, HyMo, for Dagger's difficulty. He apologizes, too. *coughheactuallyhasn'tyetcoughbutI'mworkingonitcough* Thank you for putting yourself through so much frustration for me. ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom