• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Are There Problems on Dolphin?

I'm gonna buy the game tomorrow to play through it a second time, this time IN GLORIOUS HIGH DEFINITION.
The problem is I've heard there are some issues with Dolphin. To anyone who has played this game on Dolphin, have you experienced any of these issues?
1. Painterly depth of field blur does not work properly.
2. Motion Plus doesn't work at all with Dolphin.
3. Slowdown.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
I'm gonna buy the game tomorrow to play through it a second time, this time IN GLORIOUS HIGH DEFINITION.
The problem is I've heard there are some issues with Dolphin. To anyone who has played this game on Dolphin, have you experienced any of these issues?
1. Painterly depth of field blur does not work properly.
2. Motion Plus doesn't work at all with Dolphin.
3. Slowdown.

I've played and beaten the game on Dolphin and it worked quite well actually. To your points:
1. Yeah, they have not found a way yet to completely disable the DOF effect, this means that the blurriness in the far distance which is also there on the Wii will look a bit awkward in HD but it's OK as long as you don't use anti-aliasing, this makes even some part of the front areas look messy.
Also, use r7719, newer ones like 3.0-201 have always glitchy graphics.
Use D3D11 plugin (it seems to have the least issues), disable anti-aliasing and set the internal resolution as high as your graphics card can handle (up to 2112p)
2. I've seen no difference between Wii and Dolphin when it comes to accuracy (maybe 10% of the time Link doesn't do the slash you want, especially when moving the Wiimote very quickly), decalibration occurs sometimes after a few minutes, I found it's best to always have eye-sight contact between the bluetooth stick and the Wiimote and not be too far away from it. And don't go crazy with the Wiimote, this also seems to accelerate decalibration.
The only somewhat annoying thing is that everytime when you start the game, there's a random chance that the Wiimote Plus won't be detected and it tells me to "connect the motion plus accessory and the nunchuck" even though motion plus is inside and the nunchuck is on. If that happens, restart emulation up to 2 or 3 times and it should detect it somehow. But it wonÄ't disconnect in the middle of the game for no reason, only whenever you start emulation or load a savestate.
3. Framerate was OK for me, mostly full 30fps in the dungeons but some slowdowns occur, the slowest I got was around 20fps in Skyloft, but then again my CPU isn't that powerful (4x2.5 GHz Quadcore), with an i7 above 3.2 GHz there should be no problem. Graphical enhancements don't seem to have effects on the framerate for me, it doesn't matter if I play in the lowest Wii quality or at mega resolution, the framerate stays the same (I have a rather new gfx card, nVidia GTX 560 so I guess the bottleneck for me is the CPU).

Here's an image of the blurriness effect in the background (no big spoiler, it's just an area without characters/enemies, it's near where you fight against some Zombie-Bokoblins which we've already seen in trailers ages ago):

And my Dolphin settings (r7719 x64):

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom