• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Apple Vision Pro

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
Back in June Apple announced their next big product release, the Apple Vision Pro.

What are your thoughts on this product? Is this a step toward the future or just a flop in the making?

I think there are plenty of cool features in the Vision Pro (such as the and I am sure that the quality will be a huge step up from any other consumer headsets which are available. The price point of $3,499 USD is too steep to make this something I can see being mass adopted for now (and the bulky form factor + poor battery life) but when thinking of this as purely a first generation product for early adopters/tech enthusiasts it makes sense. Many of the technologies here will surely be built upon as the barriers to more mass adoption are broken down over time and lessons are learned from the early adopters. I struggle to accept their angle of this being a product which brings people together, but I can see it being a good type of technology for productivity in the future if the bulk and battery life issues can be resolved.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
It's a cool piece of hardware at an absurd price point. I can't imagine how someone can justify $3500 on something like the Vision Pro, especially when most of the functionality can be found in something like the $300 Oculus Quest 2. Unfortunately, I'm sure the Apple fans of the world will go all in and somehow make it sell out.

My real question is... who is this for? I don't really see the purpose of VR if it isn't being used for gaming, since everything the Vision Pro is marketed to do is done on a computer for a fraction of the price.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
I do believe that there will cheaper and better alternatives down the road. It wouldn't be a huge success in my prediction

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
considering p much in the video is just illustrative and does not represent reality they should've not added any of the interface and just have people doing weird gestures and getting hyped at nothing,

definitely not worth the abusive prices apple keeps pushing forward
VR and AR tech isn't as ground shattering as they make it sound like
wait for a couple years and it will have lots of better options, maybe

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
Cool tech, at an absurd price.

Though, Apple's business practices, specifically, how they treat repair businesses, is why I don't buy Apple's products personally, but if you like them, more power to you. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom