• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tears of the Kingdom Aonuma Confirms: No TotK DLC

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator

Kind of not surprised, but also kind of disappointed. TotK already has more content than BotW and it spent such a long time in the oven that it makes sense. Still, I would have liked a Master Mode so I can actually replay the game without deleting my complete save... (no, other switch profiles do not count, I want all my playtime recorded on a single profile.) Other things like Master Sword upgrades, more map stamps, including Kass who is still missing for some reason, etc... I can think of a few things they could have done. But alas.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Was really hoping we'd get some sort of DLC to explain Kass' disappearance through Penn. Some more Zonai devices would have been cool too as well as more to do in the depths. Part of me doesn't mind if they were to reuse this world one more time just so we can get a new Zelda game sooner, rather than later, on next gen. Maybe this time it won't take as long as it did for Tears of the Kingdom, but I think there's still a lot they can do with this world to justify a third game.

Would love to see a proper dark world version of Hyrule and underwater mechanics that can further expand the world the way caves did. Being on next gen hardware, they can have a ton more NPCs and a much more flourishing Hyrule than before. There's also just so much they can do to streamline the gameplay experience and add a bit more structure to the story and progression of the game.

I honestly do think moving onto the next game in the series is a good move - I loved BotW and TotK, but I feel like the Era has lasted long enough now.

Of course, it would’ve been nice to get to learn more about… well, uh, everything that wasn’t explained in TotK. So much for seeing Kass too.

I guess that's fair.

But honestly? I hope the next game is closer to the classic-style with this engine. Not everyone has 300+ hours to burn on a single game.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
In the Famitsu interview the question presented was basically "will we see a continuation of this game like this game is a continuation of BotW?"

Aonuma says no, they've achieved what they wanted in this game, so at this time they have no plans for a continuation.

This isn't talking about potential DLC necessarily, since I don't think that's what the question was about anyway.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
In the Famitsu interview the question presented was basically "will we see a continuation of this game like this game is a continuation of BotW?"

Aonuma says no, they've achieved what they wanted in this game, so at this time they have no plans for a continuation.

This isn't talking about potential DLC necessarily, since I don't think that's what the question was about anyway.
one of his quotes the article mentioned was "There is no plans to release additional content at this time"

Was expecting it, though not sure what they could add.

But it sounds like the next zelda is being brainstormed.
Wonder what it will be like? What kind of setting?

In terms of remakes, there's the Oracle games, Minish Cap, and the first two.
But what new stuff could come?

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
It's a bit disappointing, but understandable; Tears of the Kingdom is an enormous game already. If it means getting a new entry sooner, I'm okay with it. They're still releasing the new Zelda and Ganondorf amiibo, and I'm sure they'd patch a gamebreaking bug if a new one is found, for example.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom