• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Anyone going to back to play Gen 1?

Dan

With the re-release of generation 1 games Red, Blue and Yellow on the 3DS is anyone going to go back to the times of old and give the games a spin again?

I was reading Gamefreak's little guide to the old games they released recently. I forgot that moves like wrap and bind disabled the Pokemon from moving several turns back then, wild Ekans were a pain in red if you couldn't run away.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Petter might be getting Yellow. ^^ I'm sure if he does, he'll let me play it as well. I've never actually played the Gen 1 games, closest I've ever come was Pokemon Stadium for the N64 hehe.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I played Blue once, and did a Rocket battle in my cousin's yellow. That's it for Gen 1 stuff for me. And, not having a 3DS, I probably won't be playing them any time soon.

I played gen 1 before (partially because I am a game collector) and really enjoyed it. I got yellow the day they re released as well as Blue and Red and plan to play through them all.

I played blue back in the day. That game got me to like Bulbasaur as my favourite pokemon.
I really like how the game had an easy, normal and hard difficulty but few people realised it.

Bulbasaur = easy
Squirtle = normal
Charizard = hard

This was based on the gyms and the different resistances. Bulbasaur was effecitve vs earlier gyms. Squirtle around the middle and Charizard was weak vs the earlier gyms but better vs the last few. Of cause this all changes if you farmed your own pokemon, but it's still a thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom