• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Anyone else get Small freezes during gamplay (towards Death Mountain or anywhere for that matter)

I have been getting small, second freezes on Death Mountain and by The southern mind where the Big moblins were at. It actually seems to be when I fight those moblins anywhere near Death Mountain (fought them twice and had it freeze both times, only for a half a second though) I just want to know so I should be aware that it is the game, or the system. I don't want to wait after 30 days and not be able to take it back IF it is. Playing on the switch. If you look at the southern Mine on the map, RIGHT after the first bridge there is a Group of a few Big Moblins. If anyone has had this issue here or anywhere please tell me or if someone wants to try and recreate it for me that would be AWESOME! Thanks!

Im playing Switch version.

I got a split second freeze when i fought moblins on Death Mountain (after the stealth section).

Other framedrop points seem to be sacred meadow, forest in the Plateau and the bottom of Rito village.

But my only freeze has been Death Mountain Moblins and it was only the once (they knocked me off the mountain the first time, so had to retry and it didnt happen again).

Last edited:
Im playing Switch version.

I got a split second freeze when i fought moblins on Death Mountain (after the stealth section).

Other framedrop points seem to be sacred meadow, forest in the Plateau and the bottom of Rito village.

But my only freeze has been Death Mountain Moblins and it was only the once (they knocked me off the mountain the first time, so had to retry and it didnt happen again).

Yea, it's TWO of the moblins, one after the Southern Mine Bridge and BINGO one of the ones during the stealth section. I guess those two enemies have their own coding or something wrong with it lol. Thank you for the help. The FPS drops are normal for me in the other areas, it is a Wii U rushed port after all. 10 out of 10 still in my opinion.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I've had multiple issues killing moblins and I think sometimes lizalfos or other large creatures. Earlier today I wasn't even fighting an enemy just getting to a tower and it made a horrific noise and froze. Turned off my game and back on and it worked fine but damn near had a heart attack.

Slight frame rate drops randomly? Yeah I do. But it's really infrequently and mostly not in combat. It's when there's a lot of detail in the background and grass and whatever and I am turning around too fast. The fps dips a touch to get it all on screen. Not that much of a deal to be honest. Also it's a really nitpicky thing. It's one of those things that most people really are not bothered by but the haters of the game totally focus on.

Jamie

Slight frame rate drops randomly? Yeah I do. But it's really infrequently and mostly not in combat. It's when there's a lot of detail in the background and grass and whatever and I am turning around too fast. The fps dips a touch to get it all on screen. Not that much of a deal to be honest. Also it's a really nitpicky thing. It's one of those things that most people really are not bothered by but the haters of the game totally focus on.
I don't think it's nitpicky. BotW is probably my favourite game ever, and the frame rate drop bothers me, and when my game COMPLETELY FROZE and I had to restart my console that's also quite a bother. Perhaps you haven't shared experienced with us. Saying slight frame drops, I'd imagine that's the case. It has dropped to almost a halt for seconds at a time after killing a Moblin before. The first time it happened I thought my game froze entirely. Turned out the frame rate just dropped/basically froze and then spiked back to normal a few seconds later.

I don't think it's nitpicky. BotW is probably my favourite game ever, and the frame rate drop bothers me, and when my game COMPLETELY FROZE and I had to restart my console that's also quite a bother. Perhaps you haven't shared experienced with us. Saying slight frame drops, I'd imagine that's the case. It has dropped to almost a halt for seconds at a time after killing a Moblin before. The first time it happened I thought my game froze entirely. Turned out the frame rate just dropped/basically froze and then spiked back to normal a few seconds later.
Yeah I have gotten this where the game looks like it's frozen for a second or two. I never get them in combat though, only out of combat as I said above. I've never had the game crash like you have before. (I've got other non BotW issues, ie Switch Error codes to deal with)
Also Nintendo is looking to do release a firmware upgrade soom to help with fast RMX. So the gpu does not work as hard at certain times. This might also help the issues some people are having with BotW too.

Earlier today I had my first actual freeze (not crash, but a full stop of everything for at least one second) while fighting a moblin in the Death Mountain area, the big steel tower built around a tall rock.

Jamie

Yeah I have gotten this where the game looks like it's frozen for a second or two. I never get them in combat though, only out of combat as I said above. I've never had the game crash like you have before. (I've got other non BotW issues, ie Switch Error codes to deal with)
Also Nintendo is looking to do release a firmware upgrade soom to help with fast RMX. So the gpu does not work as hard at certain times. This might also help the issues some people are having with BotW too.
Mine has happened during combat, luckily it's never caused a death or anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom