• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Any Whovians Here?

Isn't there anyone on here who likes - or has even watched any of - the original 1963 - 1989 run of Doctor Who? THE REAL DOCTOR WHO? Am I the only one?

I'm sorry, but I watched the first two series of the new Doctor Who and that was enough, I couldn't stand unfunny jokes "Excuse me but do you mind not farting while I'm trying to save the universe?" (that for me was the worst line of dialogue in the near 50 years of the show's existence), the soap opera element to it (one year we find out the Doctor has a daughter, the next we find out he has a wife, the whole Micky and Rose thing in the early years of the relaunch), and then there's the whole one snog per episode thing. Sorry but for me all that is NOT Doctor Who, it never needed that before to be successful and it doesn't need it now. It was because it was free of all those overused cliches that the programme appealed to me and still does. Thanks Russell T for ruining my childhood memories of what a great programme this used to be.

Last edited:
H

Hakuna Matata

I started watching Doctor Who with the latest season, loved it, then eventually stole my aunt's Netflix to watch the reboot. Really hoping that Series 6 is added at some point.

Favorite Doctor, thus far, is definitely Matt Smith. He's the one I started with and is probably the wackiest of the Doctors. Chris Eccelston was, to me, just too "normal," as far as the reboot Doctors go, to me. Still enjoyed him, but not as much. When Tennant came about and saved the world in his jammies, I was so glad to see that bit of what I loved most about the Smith Doctor. Still, Smith holds the top spot for me.

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
IMO, Nine doesn't get enough love. I liked him, quite a lot, actually, and Rose has to be one of my favorite companions (aside from Rory. *cough that man is beautiful cough*) Sassy nine is...sassy. I dunno, something about him just makes me laugh. He's great. From all I've heard about Matt Smith, he sounds awesome and I can't wait until I catch up to series 5 so I can see him. Something tells me I will not part from Tennant so easily though. I just finished watching "Doomsday" and I am crying SO MUCH right now. SO MUCH. It's unbelievable. I (SPOILERS FOR SOMEONE WHO HASN'T WATCHED IT) did NOT expect Rose to go just like that. And when the Doctor was standing alone in the TARDIS, I lost it. It's a bit embarrasing, bawling over fictional people, but I'm just an overly emotional person. Onto Series 3! Gotta say I'm excited but I'm waiting until I get out of my post-Doomsday depression.

In regards to the "old" Doctor Who, I'd like to watch that too, but I know there are missing episodes plus they're probably hard to find on the internet. I couldn't have watched it from the beginning or at least the middle of it due to me not being born yet. :P I'm new to all of this. But we shall see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom