• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

MM-3DS Any Ways They Can Take Advantage of 3D to Improve the Experience?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I've always seen the 3D effect as a gimmick that's just there. It's nice and all, and it does create a deeper immersion (especially in A Link Between Worlds), but I'd love to see more. In full, I don't think it's reached its full potential yet, so what a time to really do something with it.

So any ideas how the 3D effect could be used in specific scenes, or at specific moments, to enhance the game?

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
The mask transformation scenes in 3D would be horrifying.

I think it'd really shine in the Snow Mountain Temple. Being on top of the pillars and really seeing the depth would be amazing. I guess the same could be said for Stone Tower, and actually with the temple there as well. After doing the mechanic with light arrows, that temple would be super cool to see.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Aside from the "looking through a window" effect from OoT? Can't think of anything. You can only do so much with 3D, since most people leave it off.

Two words: 3d jumpscares

tumblr_inline_mjckk68UMt1qz4rgp.gif

Peace Of Heart

Piece of Heart Collector
Two words: 3d jumpscares

I'm actually afraid to say this, but the moon and the whole game itself will be in 3D almost for sure. I think that Nintendo will do something special with the moon considering its infamous reputation among gamers....as far as the 3D effect goes. As if I still don't have nightmares from my first play through in 2001.....

I'm actually afraid to say this, but the moon and the whole game itself will be in 3D almost for sure. I think that Nintendo will do something special with the moon considering its infamous reputation among gamers....as far as the 3D effect goes. As if I still don't have nightmares from my first play through in 2001.....

Wait until you get to the Skulltulas popping out/down at you. And the moon seems to get physically closer as the days go by.
515.gif

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I actually think the 3D has reached its full potential a la 3D World and KH: DDD. But I actually like the amount of 3D in OoT3D; not too much, not too little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom