• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Answer this question

Musicfan

the shadow mage
How ever it is impossible to have 52 cents with 2 coins unless you have a 1 slightly rare coin and 1 rare coin.

There were six eggs in a basket, and six people each took one egg, but there is one egg left in the basket. How is this possible?

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
There were six eggs in a basket, and six people each took one egg, but there is one egg left in the basket. How is this possible?

Two solutions I can think of.

1.) The sixth and final person to take an egg also took the basket. So their egg is still in the basket.

2.) The basket totals 7 eggs. Saying there were 6 eggs in the basket is still true even if you omitted information about another egg. In this case, six of the eggs truly there were taken, and one is left.

1.) The sixth and final person to take an egg also took the basket. So their egg is still in the basket.

2.) The basket totals 7 eggs. Saying there were 6 eggs in the basket is still true even if you omitted information about another egg. In this case, six of the eggs truly there were taken, and one is left.
The first solution is correct. Your cookie awaits.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Here's a fun little discrete thinking problem I found:

You have a jug that holds five gallons, and a jug that holds three gallons. You have no other containers, and there are no markings on the jugs. You need to obtain exactly seven gallons of water from a faucet. How can you do it?

Second Problem: You need exactly four gallons. How do you do it?

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
Here's a fun little discrete thinking problem I found:

You have a jug that holds five gallons, and a jug that holds three gallons. You have no other containers, and there are no markings on the jugs. You need to obtain exactly seven gallons of water from a faucet. How can you do it?

Second Problem: You need exactly four gallons. How do you do it?
First Problem: Fill the five gallon jug, pour as much as you can into the three gallon jug, dump out the three gallon jug and pour the remaining two gallons into the three gallon jug. Then fill the five gallon jug.

Second Problem: Fill up the three gallon jug, pour it into the five gallon jug. Fill up the three gallon jug again, and pour as much as you can into the five gallon jug. Empty the five gallon jug. Pour the remaining gallon into the five gallon jug, then fill the three gallon jug again.

Two men walk in to a room. They see a man that hung himself,but they are puzzled.
All that's in the room is a puddle of water.
What did the man stand on?

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
One person took the basket as well

The first solution is correct. Your cookie awaits.

hem hem

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom