• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Anime Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maniacal Engineer

Conspiracy Theorist
As for why I targeted Krow, I felt they were soft claiming Rolecop and that is mostly a scum role.
On Bulba, maybe. Rolecop is actually NAI. There have been a few instances of Town Rolecop showing up. I remember being annoyed in Periodic Table Mafia because, the first game I come back for, I can't roleclaim because most people on Bulba view Rolecop as insta-scum.
Then again, one can almost say the same thing about Roleblockers, though if they do block kills, that seems like a boon for town to have.

Anyway, bottom line, you've either got a great strategy going as mafia or you're an extremely lucky town.

Maniacal Engineer

Conspiracy Theorist
Actually, by blocking Krow, you were deliberately sabotaging an investigation attempt on yourself, since Krow stated he would be checking you N3.

Here's a question for the game at large:
If Krow was in fact blocked, as Pika claims to have done, why would Krow fake any results on Pika at all and not just say that he was Roleblocked? As scum, that would have been a much safer thing to do.

Actually, by blocking Krow, you were deliberately sabotaging an investigation attempt on yourself, since Krow stated he would be checking you N3.

If Krow was in fact blocked, as Pika claims to have done, why would Krow fake any results on Pika at all and not just say that he was Roleblocked? As scum, that would have been a much safer thing to do.

Something I'm sure a Roleblocker wouldn't do, which sounds like a hasty decision that wasn't thought out.

The answer to your question is the same as I have been saying, no point in repeating myself since I'm sure you get it by now, unless you'd rather me say it again?

Maniacal Engineer

Conspiracy Theorist
Ideally, I would like to hear an answer from everyone else. A lot of today has felt like a monologue or a repetition of the same things over and over again.
I want to know where other player's head spaces are on this. I think I've got your headspace down pretty well, Krow.

Anyway, bottom line, you've either got a great strategy going as mafia or you're an extremely lucky town.
Yes. I think I got really lucky there but I blocked the people I suspected the most, so could my skill get a little bit of credit too?

Maybe they thought they would be linked to the nightkill if they claimed to be blocked.

I found their Rolecop softclaim or whatever it was as scummy and with the reasoning that scum wants to get rid of SK, I was most suspicious of Krow to be scum so I didn't consider the fact that they would be investigating me as it would have helped scum more than town in that case.

Ideally, I would like to hear an answer from everyone else. A lot of today has felt like a monologue or a repetition of the same things over and over again.
I want to know where other player's head spaces are on this. I think I've got your headspace down pretty well, Krow.

I'll leave it at that then, but I will be observing. If you need a response from me about anything just ask.

Maniacal Engineer

Conspiracy Theorist
Wanting SK dead is not a reason to suspect someone. Everyone wants SK dead, since SK usually only wins as the last one standing.
If anything, given the numbers, Mafia probably would have wanted to keep SK alive to cause a few more kills before outing them.

Darth's flip as scum does not confirm that your Roleblocker prevents kills. That could have been a lucky coincidence. Personally, I don't see Darth submitting the mafia kill on N2, and I definitely don't see Krow submitting the kill N3, when, if there was a watcher or tracker in the game, that role would have been expecting him to visit you. If he was seen visiting someone else, or if he was tracked to multiple people, that would give him up as scum.

The only was I think Krow would have submitted the kill himself last night is if he was the last remaining scum.
Unless funnier is correct and there are two Serial Killers, a 3 person mafia team in a game this size, even with a single SK, does not seem very balanced.

D

Deleted member 14134

I need to catch up and read through properly as I just skimmed through. Two things.

1. I didn't kill All Might.
2. @Pika_pika42 Is there more to your role than just roleblocker?

Maniacal Engineer

Conspiracy Theorist
latest
On D3, Pika_Pika said this, when breaking the tie:
I think Darth is the best lynch option today. Because of my night action, I find him most suspicious. I can't clarify further on this without role-claiming.
Today, when asked if he had any confirmation that, in fact, his roleblocking was able to block kills he said:
No I don't have any confirmation on this except Darth's flip as scum.
Which means that, at the time he lynched Darth, his action, assuming it was Roleblocker, would have been 100% useless in determining Darth's alignment. Therefore, there was no reason to mention his action in the course of getting Darth lynched except to potentially set it up as a means for claiming Roleblocker can block kills. In reality, Mafia probably got Unlucky on N2, though depending on who they targeted, luck may have had nothing to do with it.
As for N3, they may have intentionally holstered, counting on kills from the SK and/or Vig to wear down town's numbers. This would allow Pika to reemerge on D4 and claim that his roleblocking ability worked and that he successfully blocked the night kill twice in a row.
busted-mythbusters.jpg

Maniacal Engineer

Conspiracy Theorist
Also I believe there is/was some sort of bus driver/re-director.
Out of curiosity, what makes you say this?
Because if there is, I have a new theory that would involve Pika and Krow both being Town.

Namely, Krow targets Pika with his cop scan.
Pika tries to block Krow, but Krow is also targeted by the redirector.
Redirector switches Krow and ???, so Krow is not blocked, gets a town read on Pika_Pika, and Pika gets confused because Krow should have been Roleblocked.

D

Deleted member 14134

Ok a few things I want to talk about.

I don't believe that there's a rolecop. Look at the roles that have flipped so far. Usually the name of the role is returned to the role cop when he investigates someone but this time the names don't give much away and Pendio would either have to describe what each role does or assume that people would have a great enough knowledge of all the anime here which seems unlikely.

Second I don't believe Pikas roleblocker claim at all. In fact, you can consider this a counter claim. And I know, I know "but Bok, that doesn't make sense with what you said before." Well I ask you all to take a look at your roles and tell me just how conventional they all are. Yes my role has multiple factors to it but I don't think I can fully explain them all since there has already been a full claim today. Personally I believe that mafia got unlucky and their targets were protected or perhaps I blocked the killer last night. Night one I blocked All Might but I was redirected towards Kylo Ken (who was replaced by All Might so I guess that went full circle lol). @Maniacal Engineer I was notified that I was redirected this night to answer your question. Night two I blocked Manicial (when he was still lovers with all might. Guess I had it out for them). Night 3 I targeted Yigahim. Either way, it doesn't make sense for town to have two roleblockers so.

Vote: Pika

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom