• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Anime Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maniacal Engineer

Conspiracy Theorist
Krow, don't claim. A) not sure if Pika's post above counts, and b) getting the words straight from the electric rodent's mouth is more important than your claim, since yours is already pretty obvious.

Krow, don't claim. A) not sure if Pika's post above counts, and b) getting the words straight from the electric rodent's mouth is more important than your claim, since yours is already pretty obvious.

My thoughts exactly, I was just answering Yiga is all.

Maniacal Engineer

Conspiracy Theorist
The good news here, insofar as I can tell, is that, one way or another we've found the Godfather.
If Pika is lying and Krow is telling the truth, Pika scanned as Town to the Cop, but is scum.
If Krow is lying and Pika is telling the truth, it is likely that Krow survived funnier's kill due to being BP, which is common to Godfathers around here.

That said, Godfather is a relatively useless role if the cop is dead, and if Krow is lying, the actual cop is dead, so...

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Where are you people getting that Krow soft claimed Rolecop on D3?!
He did no such thing. He didn't "hard" softclaim Cop, but there really wasn't a reason to on D3, and, assuming he is actually the Cop, keeping himself concealed in the shadows as much as possible, while still revealing crucial results to Town is a good strategy.

Due to him saying funnier was sk. The take a stab at it was a slight hint, but he hinted much harder at sk when I asked him about it and he said funniers life SucKs. He seems to suggest he got an SK result on funnier, which a rolecop would do. If he were normal cop, he wouldn't get such a specific result. If anything he would get indep, which would be risky for him to outright claim that result was SK in a game like this since it could've been a different role.

I was originally just trying to hint my results about funnier and everyone jumped me about being a Role Cop. So I had to be more open about my role to defend myself and now all of this nonsense is going on over it.

Then would you mind explaining the exact result you got on funnier?

Do you all want me to roleclaim and explain my actions properly?

I don't know if this counts as a claim but Minish's theory is perfectly correct. Their reads list are good too and I agree with them mostly.

Thanks, that's what I thought you were hinting at! It does explain the lack of kills recently.

Ok as Minish correctly guessed, I am the Roleblocker. I roleblocked Darth on N2 and Krow on N3. I was not sure whether the Roleblocker blocks kills, that's why I asked that question. After learning about the same, I got more suspicious of Darth and therefore voted him and he actually turned out to be scum.

On N3 I blocked Krow and again there was no Mafia kill. Also, Krow couldn't have got any result on me since they were blocked.

I don't understand why ME is defending Krow so much. I don't think scum would defend their buddies but if ME is town, I don't understand why is he ignoring the fact that I could be Town and Krow could be scum.

Even if Krow is Cop, they couldn't get any result on me as they were blocked, so they are surely lying and this further strengthens my suspicion against them.

Ok as Minish correctly guessed, I am the Roleblocker. I roleblocked Darth on N2 and Krow on N3. I was not sure whether the Roleblocker blocks kills, that's why I asked that question. After learning about the same, I got more suspicious of Darth and therefore voted him and he actually turned out to be scum.

On N3 I blocked Krow and again there was no Mafia kill. Also, Krow couldn't have got any result on me since they were blocked.

I don't understand why ME is defending Krow so much. I don't think scum would defend their buddies but if ME is town, I don't understand why is he ignoring the fact that I could be Town and Krow could be scum.

Even if Krow is Cop, they couldn't get any result on me as they were blocked, so they are surely lying and this further strengthens my suspicion against them.

You are "claiming" Roleblocker, that doesn't mean you ARE a Roleblocker. The fact that you "could" be town and I "could" be scum? Shouldn't you be more sure of yourself than that? I'm sure I'm town, though you don't seem sure of anything since I know for a fact I was not and have not been Roleblocked at all.

Maniacal Engineer

Conspiracy Theorist
@Minish_Link I've already explained why Krow's posts and tentative nature at the beginning of D3 make perfect sense for a Cop who received an Indep/neutral result. Because you're right, theoretically it could have been any other Indep role and not the SK known to be in the game.
Furthermore, in the mafia world I am familiar with Cops getting Indep results are a lot more common than Roleblockers that block kills.

@Pika_pika42 don't twist my words. I am not ignoring the possibility that you are Town. I would just rather lynch someone who is definitely not the cop, than someone who is an un-CC'd cop.

That having been said, I will
Unvote
For now, since you did what I asked.

I will reconsider my position in light of this development.

Maniacal Engineer

Conspiracy Theorist
You are "claiming" Roleblocker, that doesn't mean you ARE a Roleblocker. The fact that you "could" be town and I "could" be scum? Shouldn't you be more sure of yourself than that? I'm sure I'm town, though you don't seem sure of anything since I know for a fact I was not and have not been Roleblocked at all.
You really didn't help your case here, bud. Nitpicking over Pika's post, when the intent of said post is pretty clear to me. It seems like you're grasping at straws.

I suppose I have three questions. Two of which will probably not be answered, since they'd require the hosts to reveal bits of the setup.
1. Can a Roleblocker block kills?
2. If said Roleblocker can block kills, would they need to target the specific mafioso that performed the kill, or just any mafioso?
3. Pika, why in the name of Lord Arceus would you block Krow?

You really didn't help your case here, bud. Nitpicking over Pika's post, when the intent of said post is pretty clear to me. It seems like you're grasping at straws.

I suppose that was a bit unprofessional, but what do you expect when you're under pressure from having false accusations thrown at you? It's fairly irritating, but I'm trying to view this from all angles, the same as everyone else.

Maniacal Engineer

Conspiracy Theorist
Definitionally speaking, you really can't look at the game from multiple angles, regardless of whether you're lying or Pika_Pika is lying.
You already know the answer to that question.

I do understand the bit about being under pressure, and some people really don't handle that well.

I suppose I have three questions. Two of which will probably not be answered, since they'd require the hosts to reveal bits of the setup.
2. If said Roleblocker can block kills, would they need to target the specific mafioso that performed the kill, or just any mafioso?

I'll give you my thoughts on this matter, though I encourage 2nd opinions from those who have played longer than me here.

1. I do not know, but I would assume they cannot as I would not classify killing someone as a "role".
2. Assuming they can however, that seems a little too OP to be just any mafioso.
3. Sounds like something a Rolecop could answer quite easily, not a Roleblocker.

Maniacal Engineer

Conspiracy Theorist
2. Assuming they can however, that seems a little too OP to be just any mafioso.
Definitely going to agree here.
So, on the assumption that Roleblocker can block kills, Pika_Pika would have had to have gotten extremely lucky two nights in a row.
Or, for whatever reason, the mafia kill still didn't go through on N2, which I can actually believe. In this case, Pika's block on Darth wouldn't have prevented the kill that night, but Pika would have still interpreted it as such, getting lucky once again in that Darth was actually Mafia.

Not saying either case is impossible, but that definitely doesn't make it probable.

Yes I was also confused about the same as I think Roleblockers don't block kills on Bulba. That's why I asked this question but looks like Roleblocker can block kills here.

No idea about the second question.

As for why I targeted Krow, I felt they were soft claiming Rolecop and that is mostly a scum role. Also, they have just revealed funnier as SK and Mafia also want the SK gone as much as Town, even more. So I thought I would roleblock the rolecop so as to not let scum get any information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom