• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Anime Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also as a forewarning, I'll be leaving for work in 30 minutes, first day on a new job and I'm rather excited about it. I'll be back in roughly 6 hours, so if there's anything you like me to address right away, please state it now.

All the best for your new job Krow.

As for what you're trying to imply, I don't really understand how you connect us but I am not linked to ALL MIGHT in any manner. I don't know the reason behind his vote for you but I have a strong reason and I will stand by it no matter what.

Also it's a bit funny how you easily shifted from being Rolecop to Alignment Cop and I can't believe people are actually willing to believe you.

Your defence is on the assumption that I am Godfather yet you don't vote for me.

You said you got an innocent result on me, that must have been easy for you to say as you are scum and know who's innocent or not. I am sure you are Mafia Rolecop as you got Funnier as SK but didn't get me so you just kept it as an innocent result on me.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
The base reason for my vote on Krow is that he's nonchalantly softing to be the Cop without any consideration for his own wellbeing. The Doctor is dead, so unless there's another protective role out there then what he's doing is practically suicide. My reaction shouldn't be considered strange if you consider the fact that his composure isn't something a Cop would flaunt out in the open. More than likely, it was probably his plan to:

1. Soft as Cop to draw out a counterclaim from the real deal
2. Determine who else might have a power role and investigate them

Furthermore, Krow has been burying himself deeper by his own reactionary play: Both the OMGUS vote on me and then the self-vote are indicative of a flipfloppy scumlord under heat. Overall, I think he's the Mafia Role Cop trying to act Town by giving out false reads and jarring hypothetical scenarios. He also stated that Pika might have intentionally bused Darth, but he was the last one to place the vote.

---

That aside for a moment, good luck at your new job.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Krow, I just don't understand why you didn't deny being a role cop yesterday when that's what we were assuming you were. I was expecting you to come in with the results of a role investigation. But then you came in with an alignment investigation result, when there's no reason for you to even reveal that you got a town result on Pika. And you put an OMGUS vote on All Might, despite being suspicious of Lone_Garurumon during the previous day. There are a lot of inconsistencies here, and your voting seems really flipfloppy.

I don't know exactly what Pika's trying to say. He seems to know something about you, but he said he isn't counterclaiming cop, but really, for him to push so strongly for your lynch if you're town when we're nowhere near LYLO would be practically suicide for his team, especially if him and All Might are teammates. That move right there would've lost them the game. I don't buy it. And especially considering All Might replaced Kylo Ken, who was on most people's town lists for pretty much the entirety of the game, and you voted for him. Nothing adds up here. Plus, your position on the Darth Wagon looks like a perfect opportunity to try to score some town points by voting for a scumbud. With him already at three votes and the alternative at just one, with the amount of time that was left in the day at that point Darth was as good as dead, so your vote was honestly relatively meaningless. Of all the votes on the Darth lynch, Pika's and All Might's look townier, because Pika broke the tie and All Might secured his lynch. The alternative was to vote the SK. To be completely honest, just based on that, they're possibly my two top town leans now.

All this being said, I'm not buying Krow's claim. It just seems weird, and something doesn't add up with it. Add to that Krow's inconsistencies and OMGUS vote on who was one of most people's top town leans before, and I think there is a very good scum lead there.

Maniacal Engineer rushing to his defense and creating this rather crackpot theory about Pika and All Might is also really strange to me. I don't think he'd be defending his scumbud this heavily, but idk his playstyle. Regardless, Krow is the scummiest player to me rn.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Maniacal Engineer rushing to his defense and creating this rather crackpot theory about Pika and All Might is also really strange to me. I don't think he'd be defending his scumbud this heavily, but idk his playstyle. Regardless, Krow is the scummiest player to me rn.
I don't really think he'd side this strongly with a scumrade, either. ME2 kept on hinting strongly that I was Town when funnier was examining me and we both agreed that defending each other would make us stand out. I feel like he's taking a more cautious approach to protecting an UnCC'd Cop from a mislynch, but could be wrong especially since I have such a strong hunch that Krow is scum.

Maniacal Engineer

Conspiracy Theorist
Also it's a bit funny how you easily shifted from being Rolecop to Alignment Cop and I can't believe people are actually willing to believe you.
Goodness gracious. How could this possibly be?! Dear me, something must clearly be wrong here!
...or not.

Let's go back and look at big picture D3, and, at least in my mind, it's pretty obvious where Krow is coming from for pretty much the whole day.
Post 1: Krow catches up on the game, having just subbed in. He finds LG/ME2,2 scummy because of the D1 Miller claim. Something a Cop would potentially find suspicious.

Post 2: gives out a list of reads
Town: Kylo/All Might, Bok, and Ayano.
Null: ME1, funnier, karu/Minish, Darth, Cheff/Yiga, TA, Libk, and Pika.
Scum: LG/ME2,2

Doesn't vote for LG at the time, despite LG being his only scum read. I will point out in this post that he actually does soft a SK-esque read on funnier. Go back and take a read on it. He uses the phrase "take a stab at it." Or something like that, anyway. Seems like a potential way to hint at funnier being the SK without him being 100% sure that funnier was the SK, which, if all he got was an Indep/neutral read, he wouldn't be.

Post 3: claims the reason he didn't vote LG was because he wasn't sure about LG being scum, and was only basing it off the Miller claim, which he was told is a regular occurrence on Bulba. He also then says that he is sure about someone else, but still doesn't vote.

Post 4: as a response to Minish, softclaims a SK check on funnier, but it's a very light softclaim. Still no vote, though in Post 5, he does vote.

By his 6th post, funnier has confirmed himself as SK, and Krow wonders who Mafia want dead more, him or the SK? Believes that Mafia was Roleblocked N2, and that Mighty Engineer were killed by SK/Vig. A good assumption based on FT.

7th post, Minish has invited funnier, who has claimed pertinent information. Krow keeps his vote on funnier.

Post 8: Krow explains his initial reluctance to put his results on funnier, which makes a lot more sense if he was the Cop and had only gotten a neutral result, and not a Rolecop with a SK result. It is now 100% confirmed funnier is SK, since funnier confirmed it, but he does ask if Town wants to keep funnier around as a second pro-Town kill or lynch him because of the possibility of randomly killing more townies.
He also reiterates that his initial read on LG/ME2,2 was solely because of the Miller claim, and was unsure.

Post 9: his response to funnier's full claim and action list, wherein funnier claimed the possiblity of a second SK in the game. Asks if funnier knows who the second SK might be.

Post 10: this is where things get a little wonky. He claims his initial post on LG was before he had received his results, and was based solely on his own judgement. That post would have either had to have been composed during N2 or posted right at the start of D3 and before Pendio gave out action results to be true. He also claims to have shifted focus from LG to funnier after receiving is results, which, even assuming a neutral cop scan, gives him a more concrete avenue to explore, given the multiple night kills strongly suggesting a serial killer's existence. Here he finally unvotes funnier and asks ME1 for a reads list, as it seems to him that ME1 knows more than he is letting on.

Post 11: explains that he'll be flying to Boston.

Post 12: comments on Libk's statement about not wanting to draw excessive attention being suspicious, and asks Libk for a reads list. (BTW, in light of Libk's flip and the results, I'd say Libk was more likely a Bomb than vengeful, since he was trying to avoid being lynched and possibly blowing up on a townie.)

Post 13: agrees with the newly subbed in All Might's plan to check Pika_Pika. Asks for a link to Darth's suspicious reads list.

Post 14: votes Darth, due to Pika's softclaim, but suggests that Pika could be bussing Darth. Pretty much confirms that he will be checking Pika during N3, in order to attempt a verification of his softclaim.

Post 15 (first post of D4): outs his results on Pika, revealing himself as the Cop for the first time.

Post 16: confirms that his result on funnier was Indep, not specifically SK.

Nothing he stated in D3 was explicitly stating he was a Rolecop, and it wasn't too much of a stretch for a regular cop to assume that an Indep result with multiple kills in the game was hostile and/or a serial killer. He obviously didn't want to fully put himself as the Cop on D3, since that would put him in peril when it was avoidable. However, since a result was expected of him as a result of D3, and he is not actually a Rolecop, he had to reveal himself to give his result.

Tl;dr: I see nothing on D3 where Krow claimed to be Rolecop, and no sign of "flip flopping" between claims.
In fact, his entire D3 mentality seems to make a lot more sense when you consider the fact that he was not 100% sure of funnier's actual role until funnier outed himself. This, of course, makes sense with funnier as a Cop and not a Rolecop.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
While I won't deny the possibility, I have never, in my 4+ years and 46 games on this particular site, seen a cop that gives indep results. It's always either been innocent, guilty, or no result. Just wanted to throw that out there. I also don't like Krow's vote on funnier while he had an active scum lean (remember this was before anybody pointed out the Miller thing being commonplace elsewhere). As town, there was no real point lynching funnier, especially assuming he was truthful about his wincon. The only people he was a real big threat to was the mafia.

Maniacal Engineer

Conspiracy Theorist
And I, for my part, have never seen a Serial Killer that can win with Town.

Point stands, there are Cop variants that can give out Independent results, and, just because a role or role variant has never shown up before does not mean that it won't or has not.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
And I, for my part, have never seen a Serial Killer that can win with Town.
Thing is, we still don't know for sure that funnier was telling the truth there. Plus, that's only an alteration of the role's wincon, but not the way the role itself functions. He was still an SK with regular SK abilities. Tbh I find a cop that explicitly gives out independent results to be rather op, but I suppose that's a matter of opinion.

Maniacal Engineer

Conspiracy Theorist
I agree. All we know about funnier's role is what funnier told us.

In any case, I am looking at this from multiple angles here.
One of those angles is that Krow is telling the truth. In that scenario, I can definitely give Town motive toward wanting a Serial Killer dealt with, TBH, I probably would've played similar to how he did if I had gotten the Cop scan results he is claiming to get. In this situation, Krow is Town, and Pika is most certainly the mafia Godfather. All Might may or may not be scum, but that's a potentially tenuous connection at best, and I would need to reread that whole slot to get a more accurate alignment read.

Another angle I am considering is that the real Cop is already dead, since we really don't know most of the flipped role's actual roles and just know their "titles" instead. A Cop claim is very safe when the cop is dead and the flip does not reveal it. I would imagine that, should a scum Rolecop exist, they would get more than just the "title" when getting a result, and therefore would know what each role meant. In this case, Krow is scum, and Pika is Town.

But we do need to be careful when dealing with un-CC'd Cop claims.

Maniacal Engineer

Conspiracy Theorist
Actually, I'll tell y'all what I want, and if nobody objects, I think this should happen in fairly quick order.

I want a full claim from Pika_Pika, including everything he knows about the recent lack of Mafia kills and a list of his night actions which would explain his catches on both Darth and Krow.

Maybe a bit overkill, but, personally, I'm at a point where I would rather lynch Pika than an un-CC'd Cop. It gets the same results as lynching Krow would (i.e. shows which one of them is lying), and doesn't result in a dead Cop.

D

Deleted member 14134

So we would have to know your role for you to be able to use it, or at least use it effectively? Does that have something to do with your role specifically, or do you just want input/suggestions on how you should use it? I know I'm asking a lot of questions, but just trying to help out to see if maybe you could hint some without having to fully claim in case someone else needed to. Though I'm not against you using the claim if it would be beneficial to town.
Mostly just giving town whatever information I can. Anyways, I can kill either @All Might or @YIGAhim tonight but only one those two (or neither).

D

Deleted member 14134

As for krow, I was always a bit wary about why funniers kill on him didn't work and as I said yesterday I believe it could be mafia having a rolecop and krow possibly being bulletproof. Though with Darth flipping scum idk if I believe that anymore. I guess I'll try to put a real effort into re-reading things and post later (though at this point I've said that a few times and it hasn't happened).

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Actually, I'll tell y'all what I want, and if nobody objects, I think this should happen in fairly quick order.

I want a full claim from Pika_Pika, including everything he knows about the recent lack of Mafia kills and a list of his night actions which would explain his catches on both Darth and Krow.

Maybe a bit overkill, but, personally, I'm at a point where I would rather lynch Pika than an un-CC'd Cop. It gets the same results as lynching Krow would (i.e. shows which one of them is lying), and doesn't result in a dead Cop.
Hmm, actually you make a really fair point here. Personally, I think Pika is town, since he broke the tie and got Darth lynched over the SK, but I think I'd be down to go along with this, if only to get some kind of confirmation. After all, I don't think we're in any danger of LYLO at this point with still half the players and most likely half the scum team dead. I agree that if someone is to use today's roleclaim, it should be Pika, because he seems to know something about Krow but he said he isn't trying to counterclaim.

Mostly just giving town whatever information I can. Anyways, I can kill either @All Might or @YIGAhim tonight but only one those two (or neither).
This is very interesting. Are those two the only ones your role works on, or could you have/did you use it on earlier players who are now dead? And were they included in your role description from the start or did that come later? Don't hard claim, because I still think Pika should be the one to do that today, but you do seem to have a rather unique role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom