• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Anime Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.
tbh I was only waiting for a counterclaim anyway. And we've gotten one.

Vote: Krow

I was suspicious during the previous day, and now nothing today is lining up. He revealed the SK to us, which was appreciated for sure, but I'm having a lot of trouble buying that he just got lucky guessing funnier was SK. That was a risky move to make, and I've never actually seen a cop on this site that gives independent results. I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but this new information from Pika is exactly what I was waiting for.

Tell me this: Why would Pika counterclaim you, saying he got a scum reading, while he was scum? Because we'd lynch you, find out you're town, and then we'd know he was lying. On the other hand, claiming somebody is a townie is less risky, which makes his claim more believable.

Of course, if you're town, then we'll go after Pika tomorrow. But honestly, he'd have to be an amazingly dumb mafioso to make a fakeclaim like that. There's literally 0 reason no to believe him. I think your scum, and to be completely honest, your OMGUS vote on All Might doesn't help your case.

Interesting response. I'll give one of my own then.

Unvote

Vote: Krow

Maniacal Engineer

Conspiracy Theorist
@Mellow Ezlo hang on a second, I think you're jumping the gun here.
Are you certain that Pika_Pika is counterclaiming Krow?

There are Cop variants that can detect Independents, I see them all the time on Bulba, and given how there was speculation of a serial killer in the game, getting a non-Town and non-Mafia read on someone, to me, would make it a fairly good guess that they're a Serial Killer. I don't view that as too far of a stretch, considering there had been multiple kills during N1.

I want to hear more from Pika_Pika before I throw in with either side here, because I'm not risking lynching the Cop over what could be a simple misunderstanding.

If Pika is counterclaiming Krow, then I believe, by the game rules, he can claim without using up the day's claim slot, since CCs don't count. Of course, technically Pika would be CCing a softclaim, but it's a pretty damn "hard" softclaim.

Like I said, I will need to read up on the events of D3, since I was dead during that phase and not paying as close attention as I would have been otherwise, but once I finish that, I'll be back with a vengeance.

Are you or are you not CC'ing Krow's Cop soft?
Not CC'ing whatever they have claimed but I am very certain they are scum. I find Krow suspicious for the same reason as Darth and he was indeed scum which makes me more sure about this. It's got to do something with the lack of Mafia kill. Krow couldn't have got any result on me tbh.

Also, do you'll think I bussed Darth last day and revealed myself today just for a mislynch on Krow?

Maniacal Engineer

Conspiracy Theorist
Also, do you'll think I bussed Darth last day and revealed myself today just for a mislynch on Krow?
No. Not at all.
However, here's the thing. I went back and checked D3, and something interesting showed up.
Yes you were the one who broke the tie and voted Darth, claiming some action result confirmed him as scum. However, there was already some suspicions on Darth, and he was probably going to be lynched or killed soon, anyway.
What I find interesting is what happened next. All Might shows up, and, assuming that, had ME2,1 not died, I would have pushed a Darth investigation on D3, also votes for Darth, and suggests that Krow checks Pika, which Krow all but flat out said he would before phase end.

Now, after giving the green/Town result on Pika, both Pika and All Might seem to be angling for a Krow lynch. Assuming Krow is Cop, that'll flip, and show his green/town result on Pika to be accurate. Combined with the "bussing" of Darth on D3, Pika would be fairly solidly Town read, despite his action results on Krow being inaccurate.

I'm not saying for sure that this is what's happening, but I can definitely see this being a scumplan by Pika and possibly by my former associate.

Maniacal Engineer

Conspiracy Theorist
There are a couple of holes in the above theory, namely that Krow didn't actually soft as Cop until this phase, and not last phase, but scum could have a Rolecop and knew what kind of result Krow would get if they scanned Pika (assuming Pika is Godfather).
Additionally, it is rather convoluted and, while it does potentially result in a Cop being lynched, saving Mafia some work, I feel like it wasn't well thought out, since Pika would, town check or not, still be the likely next lynch target on D5 or a Vig target N4, though Godfathers are sometimes completely BP here, from what I understand.

I'm really unsure as to whether or not Pika is the GF, but his supposed read on me is nonsense. Assuming I do get lynched, I would have checked All Might tonight as he is the one acting the strangest here. Please keep that in mind if things go south town.

Also yes our forums GF's are usually BP if I remember reading the last few games correctly. So he/she will have to be lynched.

ME, your theory is interesting but wrong.

How about the theory where I am Town giving you actual results about Scum!Krow like I did for Scum!Darth? I know I got a bit lucky there but I have caught Krow in the same manner as Darth.

Believe me or not, I am really sure of Krow being Mafia and I will keep my vote on them.

Maniacal Engineer

Conspiracy Theorist
Occam's razor suggests that the theory you present, being the simpler of the two, is correct. Nonetheless, a) I am not in any particular hurry to rush through this phase and cut off potential conversation time, and b) I'm not entirely convinced that you are so fortunate.

I will ask this to the game at large: do any of the currently flipped roles, characters or role descriptions, seem like they could have been a Cop?

Pika what you're saying is indeed and interesting theory, but it's wrong.

Scum can and will easily bus their allies in order to look clean, so your "results" on Darth can be considered nothing more than a bus to try and make something of a false CC on me. I'm starting to think you aren't too fond of me speaking out about All Might's odd plays and are trying to defend your friend. Maybe you really are the GF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom