• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds ALttP2 Pre-E3 Rumours

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
A Link to the Past 2 E3 Rumors

Friends at LegendZeldadotnet have displayed a news article detailing a couple rumors from an anonymous source. That means, of course, that we should take them with a grain of salt. Still very interesting though:
1. The game, while set in the world of A Link to the Past, does not take place right after the events of its prequel. Some time has passed since Ganon’s defeat in the Dark World. Hyrule is in a period of rebuilding and prominence when a new threat rises.
2. The villain is not Ganondorf or Vaati. There an entirely new foe to the series.
3. At this time the game is much more in depth than the past couple of handheld Zelda titles. There are at least 6 dungeons to overcome. Link will not be returning to any of the dungeons like the developers played with in Skyward Sword. The game is more traditional with the Zelda formula.
4. Unlike its prequel, there will be some focus on the franchise’s races via towns and etc. No details were provided on where their homes would be or how they would be situated. This may be interesting to see since the game is set in the same overworld as A Link to the Past.
5. The Dark World exists, but not in the same manner. Link’s wish at the end of the first game changed the world. The Dark World we will see is a similar albeit new form. It was returned to the Golden Land for a brief period. Evil beings still searched for it to acquire the Triforce.
6. Link is cursed, which is how he learns the weird abilities we saw in the reveal trailer.
7. Zelda plays a limited role. Nothing like what we saw in Spirit Tracks.
8. The game has some kind of multi-player.

Actually...I feel like these rumors aren't TOO out of whack. What's the dealio ya dig? What are your thoughts?

Salem

SICK
Actually, if these rumours turned out to be true, I'd be pleased, even more if its the same Link as before

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
Nothing seems Out of Possibility. (i know there is a better word to put there but my brain wont work...oh add sorry) anyways, however it almost seems too good to be true if all this is real.... you know what i mean. like it sounds pretty Ambitious but then again returning to the ALttP era should be, so i dont know. I cant wait to play the game, i really hope Nintendo did this game For OG's to the LoZ series like me who has been around for at least 22 of the 2 years the game has been around!

on a side note i really like this...."Link will not be returning to any of the dungeons like the developers played with in Skyward Sword. The game is more traditional with the Zelda formula." excites me if true.

And this..." Unlike its prequel, there will be some focus on the franchise’s races via towns and etc. No details were provided on where their homes would be or how they would be situated. This may be interesting to see since the game is set in the same overworld as A Link to the Past." is great and will help make more sense when the newer Zelda fans mention why are the races not in ALttP if it was after OoT. when the only answer we had for em was that the races hadn't been created yet, at least not as a Race with structure and a society. The Zoras in the game were monsters, but its been theorized that its not the same race of Zoras. I'm babbling now but yeah this almost sounds too good to be true but doesn't seem too far out the realm of possibility!

Salem

SICK
I kinda wish the distinction between river Zora and sea Zora's never existed, I would like to believe they've been on an on and off relations with the hylians.

I also would like to sea the Zora in future games look like a hybrid look between the river and sea varieties.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
I kinda wish the distinction between river Zora and sea Zora's never existed, I would like to believe they've been on an on and off relations with the hylians.

I also would like to sea the Zora in future games look like a hybrid look between the river and sea varieties.

Think of them as different tribes, or different races of Zora, kinda like Asian Zora and Russian Zora. In Soviet Hyrule river shoots you.

Salem

SICK
Think of them as different tribes, or different races of Zora, kinda like Asian Zora and Russian Zora. In Soviet Hyrule river shoots you.
So, meaning their still the same specie???
Since the oracle games were made by capcom, I don't truly consider them 100%, maybe 99% only:bleh:
If Nintendo formally adopts that distinction, I would accept if it was just different versions of the same specie or something or like what you said.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
well thats the way i have always looked at it, explaining why one is peaceful and the others spit fire at you LOL. same race, different tribe!

Salem

SICK
well thats the way i have always looked at it, explaining why one is peaceful and the others spit fire at you LOL. same race, different tribe!
Yeah, but it wouldn't be farfetched if the same race at some point in history was peaceful, then suddenly decided the best way the handle things is to spit fireballs at people that walk past them.

Even the gorons, you had to fight in TP before becoming friends with them.

I really hope Number two turns out to be false, I'm tired of seeing new villains constantly. Excluding the known Zelda remakes, we've been getting nothing but new villains ever since after Twilight Princess and it's getting kinda stale now. I'm willing to bet that some people who got into the series after Twilight Princess won't have a clue of who is the definitive main villain of the series because every villain has been different starting from Phantom Hourglass. I want a Villain of old to return because I don't think I can put up with this new villain charade anymore.

Last edited:
None of these rumors strikes me as being unreasonable. I'd be more than happy if half turned out to be true. If this list represented an accurate representation of the game, A Link to the Past 2 would be shaping up to be an amazing game. Naturally, we'll have to wait and see if they turn out true. Pre-E3 rumors usually aren't very credible, but at least the source for these isn't 4Chan. That alone lends them some credence.

Salem

SICK
I really hope Number two turns out to be false, I'm tired of seeing new villain constantly. Excluding the known Zelda remakes, we've been getting nothing but new villains ever since after Twilight Princess and it's getting kinda stale now. I'm willing to bet that some people who got into the series after Twilight Princess won't have a clue of who is the definitive main villain of the series because every villain has been different starting from Phantom Hourglass. I want a Villain of old to return because I don't think I can put up with this new villain charade anymore.
Wait, why? I thought new villians would be good for the series.

Which old villians are talking about besides Ganon? Nightmares and Majora?

Wait, why? I thought new villians would be good for the series.

In some cases it is but to have completely new villains back to back is just a joke. I wouldn't mind so much if a familiar Villain were in one of the 3 recent games. I honestly thought Ganondorf was the Main Villain of Skyward Sword until it was officially announced otherwise which was a bit of a let down for me. I think it's about time Ganon returned to be honest, give the new villain thing a break for once. So in regards to your other comment, Either Ganondorf or Agahnim would fit nicely into Zelda 3D, I don't really see another new villain appearing to be fair seeing as it's in the same universe as A Link to the Past.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
In some cases it is but to have completely new villains back to back is just a joke.... I think it's about time Ganon returned to be honest, give the new villain thing a break for once. So in regards to your other comment, Either Ganondorf or Agahnim would fit nicely into Zelda 3D, I don't really see another new villain appearing to be fair seeing as it's in the same universe as A Link to the Past.

Same time line, would make no sense for Ganon to return and heres why! With ALttP OoX and LA, these are all the same link, there is but one more story to tell and that is links return to Hyrule. He becomes the Hero in ALttP then OoX and LA we the three test of the triforce (LA not officially being stated as a task from the triforce itself just implied), now link must return home to Hyrule, and we see what has changed since hes left!

We know the triforce chose him to be the "New Hero" (considering the Hero of Time was defeated in this time line), this is proven due to Zelda having a connection to whoever the hero may be, she knew not who she was speaking too when she spoke to him at the beginning of ALttP, just that she knew whoever the Hero was to be, her words would reach him. He saves Zelda, and Defeats Ganon and cleanses the Sacred Realm of Darkness, becoming the Hero of Hyrule. And the Essence of Courage Earned, Hints the "one" triangle on his hand in OoX!

Then the triforce sent him on his voyage cuz he had proven to Hyrule to be a hero to them, but the Triforce had not yet been convinced, and the other pieces of the triforce (knowledge and Power, dont ask me to explain which game represents which cuz i have not a clue) gave him their tasks with the OoX games. LA fit in somehow along his way back and somehow gets sucked into the Wind Fishes nightmares, i dont know what this symbolizes.

Now he is the true hero and the first Hero to possess the Full Triforce mind you, Gannon was defeated, So then why did the Triforce Choose him? What could possibly be coming that is worse than what he's faced!

I think there is a greater Evil than Ganon himself residing beneath Hyrule and that we are about to find out why the Triforce chose THIS boy! Its the only way to end THIS Hero's story cuz we know LoZ and AoL is hundreds of years later! To tell you the truth if Nintendo wasn't so family friendly i would almost say the best way to end this Links story would be for him to give his life to save his land therefore Completing the Journey of the Hero with a bittersweet ending!

Just my thoughts gathered from the many theorys, articles, and Speculations. If Nintendo knows How to tell a story, Ending the ALttP era is the best way to prove it, cuz so far the story of this Link has been far more epic than any of the other Hero's in these legends!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom