• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

ALttP Triforce

Clucluclu

Time for waffles
I was playing aLttP when I realized something. Somehow, Ganon has gained all three parts of the Triforce. But how did he get all three parts? In his hands, the Triforce should have seperated into three peaces, leaving Ganon with only the Triforce of Power. but after defeating him, you find all three pieces of the Triforce there. In every other game, Ganon can only collect one piece on his own. Is there anyone who can explain this to me???

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
That only means that Ganondorf, not Ganon(the BS of ALttP, told in-game in both versions, clearly states that it was Ganondorf who entered the Sacred Realm and obtained the Triforce) was a rightful person, and contained all atributes necessary to get the whole Triforce.
Even though he didn't find a way out of the Sacred Realm, and his wish for Hyrule turned the SR into the Dark World, a twisted, decaying version of Hyrule

Erimgard

Even Ganon loves cookies
I disagree.
There's no way in hell Ganondorf can ever be balanced. OoT states that if an imbalanced person spilts the Triforce, he can still have a wish granted if he regains the other two pieces somehow.

I personally believe that, while he may be a different physical body in aLttP than in OoT/WW/TP, he has the same soul, and thus, the "it will only split one" concept applies.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I disagree.
There's no way in hell Ganondorf can ever be balanced. OoT states that if an imbalanced person spilts the Triforce, he can still have a wish granted if he regains the other two pieces somehow.

I personally believe that, while he may be a different physical body in aLttP than in OoT/WW/TP, he has the same soul, and thus, the "it will only split one" concept applies.

Then how do you explain it?
Maybe he changed, maybe he did, indeed, have all the three qualities...
Don't forget that you can be evil and still have wisdom, power and courage, there's nothing that stops that from happening

G

Gravity

Somehow, Ganon has gained all three parts of the Triforce. But how did he get all three parts? In his hands, the Triforce should have seperated into three peaces, leaving Ganon with only the Triforce of Power.

All I have to say about this part is that much like Dragonballs, the Triforce doesn't split up again until the wish is actually made.

All I have to say about this part is that much like Dragonballs, the Triforce doesn't split up again until the wish is actually made.

I agree with Gravity, I doubt the Triforce would split up again until Ganon/dorf made a wish, Until then It wouldn't split up.

Also, Skull_Kid is also right, To be balanced to gain the Triforce you need to have a balance of Power, Wisdom and Courage, He could still have these attributes as an Evil person. I don't think it would make a difference.

Clucluclu

Time for waffles
I'm not quite sure, but I think somewhere it is mentioned that you also need to be pure of heart or something of that sort. I could be wrong, but I think not.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I'm not quite sure, but I think somewhere it is mentioned that you also need to be pure of heart or something of that sort. I could be wrong, but I think not.

No, it's not.
What is mentioned is that if someone with a pure heart touches it, an age of prosperity begins, if a person with an evil heart touches it, something bad is bound to happen.

Erimgard

Even Ganon loves cookies
Then how do you explain it?

Erimgard said:
OoT states that if an imbalanced person spilts the Triforce, he can still have a wish granted if he regains the other two pieces somehow.

I explain it like that, basically. ;)

Every incarnation of Ganon throughout the series has only wanted power.

Erimgard

Even Ganon loves cookies
That's not possible. If Ganon touched the Triforce, and it split, it would fly off and find two new holders. Ganon would then have to hunt down those two holders, kill them or knock them out, and steal the Triforce pieces.

He can't do all that when he's trapped in the Dark World. Not to mention, the Dark World can't even exist unless he wishes on the complete Triforce first.

startimer

Resident Cartographer
i read somewhere that the triforce splits if someone tries to remove it from the sacred realm. this could be wrong, but if not then it would explain why ganon never left the SR...i think...

Erimgard

Even Ganon loves cookies
The only time the Triforce splits is if someone touches it, but they don't have a heart with a balance of power, wisdom, and courage.

The only time the Triforce splits is if someone touches it, but they don't have a heart with a balance of power, wisdom, and courage.

But that doesn't help to explain ALttP's backstory. In fact, it wasn't until OoT that the whole "splitting of the Triforce" story came about. But that's besides the point seeing as how ALttP was re-released.

Fact is there's no solid evidence to support why the Triforce did not split. Its all left up to speculation, and I think it did actually have something to do with the Triforce being in the SR. Ganon never wished to rule anything but the SR, which is why it became the Dark World. Ganon also did not take claim over any one piece of the Triforce during ALttP. Its not that he had all, but apparently he had none. He made his wish and the Triforce stayed in one piece within the SR. It did not split, possibly because it didn't need to. Other times we have seen it split, Ganon escaped or found a way out of the SR. These times, as in LoZ and OoT, we seen that Ganon/dorf obtained the ToP while the other two split and went elsewhere. However, when Ganon made his wish in ALttP's BS, he stayed in the SR, and it did not split. As I stated previously, there is no solid evidence to explain it, but that is the biggest connection you are going to find IMO.

"The resting place of the sacred triangle, the Sacred Realm, is a mirror that reflects what is in the heart... the heart of one who enters it... If an evil heart, the Realm will become full of evil; if pure, the Realm will become a paradise."

"If the heart of the one who holds the sacred triangle has all three forces in balance, that one will gain the True Force to govern all. But, if that one's heart is not in balance, the Triforce will separate into three parts: Power, Wisdom and Courage."

And Ganon has so much experience with the Triforce prior to ALttP. It is possible he found a way to be able to govern all with the True Force.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom