• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Airplane!

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
Has anyone seen that movie?

Basically its a spoof about being in an airplane... If you have did you like if or not? What was your favorite part? Mine was the part with the bald guy he gasps and say "There's a sale at Penny's" XD

Have I seen Airplane! ? Surely you can't be serious .. and sorry for calling you Shirley, LOL.

I'm surprised nobody's replied to your thread yet .. Airplane! is a definite comedy classic, and got the late Leslie Nielsen's comedy career going (he was in several non-comedic movies before Airplane!) not to mention laid the foundation of the satirical and spoof comedies that have been popular over the last 30 years.

It's hard to say what part is my favorite, though one of my favorite lines is the one I referenced at the start of my post. That and Striker's "drinking problem" lol.

Djinn

and Tonic
Ah, the movie that gave us comedy Lloyd Bridges and Leslie Nielson at the same time. The first one was a classic, the second one not so much. Ann I am sure that people who have not even seen the movie would still recognize several of the jokes from it. They have been repeated in many many movies and shows since.

Apparently it was made to spoof the constant disaster movies that kept coming out in the 70's.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
The first one was a classic, the second one not so much.

Agreed. The 2nd one definitely had its funny parts, but there were quite a few jokes & gimmicks that were just rehashes from the first one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom