• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler About the Skyward Sword Prequel Manga in Hyrule Historia

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
My own copy of Hyrule Historia arrived a few days ago. Most of the translation is Online for the important parts of the book. But the Manga has been removed from Glitter Berris Blog due to copyright infringement.

Like the preveious Manga (which I recommend for every Zelda Fan), it is drawn by Akira Himekawa (two very nice women, met them both Live at the AnimagiC 2010). But what's the content of the Manga? It looks really interesting. I can't find a summary of the story anywhere. Can someone provide me a short summary of the story? The pictures will do the rest to understand.

Yes, I've read the new article here at Zelda Dungeon:

http://www.zeldadungeon.net/2012/02/glitterberri-featured-in-nintendo-gamer-magazine/

Would you like to see a licensed version of the Skyword Sword Manga? Are you a fan of the Manga in general? They're more like a re imagination of the story which is interesting in my opinion. A shame there is no Anime.

Last edited:
Basically, the story starts off with young SS Link living in Skyloft, wondering about his life and role before seeing the Crimson Loftwing. The story then goes back a thousand years into the past, in the Hylia-Demise War. A prisoner named Link was released from the dungeon and the people said that he was deceived by a lord and asked him for forgiveness. Though pre-Link is bitter and angry about how his people turned against him, he nevertheless agrees to defend the land of Hylia. Then a Crimson Loftwing came with the Goddess Hylia and was nearly attacked by the panic-stricken Hylians. The Loftwing scoffs at the Hylians for being unworthy of his mount but Hylia came forth and asked pre-Link to use the Master/Goddess Sword to help her defeat Demise, saying that she needs a mortal to do it. Though pre-Link says that Hylia used him like a tool, he will carry Her Grace's task and fight off the demons. With the Master Sword, pre-Link managed to repel the demon forces until he confronts Demise. Confident about his ability, pre-Link strikes at Demise head on. But Demise casually struck pre-Link with a mortal blow, mocking him for his foolish courage. Pre-Link was dying but the Loftwing came and takes him across the sky with the Three Dragons for some blessing of the Master Sword. Pre-Link returns to his home and in his last act, he struck the Master Sword into the ground, sending it and his home with his friends to the sky. Meanwhile Hylia sealed Demise away. When she returns, she found pre-Link dead on the ground and cradles his body, saying that he was meant to wield the Master Sword and that his soul will live on. She also mentions that she will meet Link again as a mortal. The story shifts back to the present day and here young SS Link and his Crimson Loftwing meet each other for the first time.

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
Many thanks Shadao. I was a bit busy the past few days, so I rad your comment the first time now.

Wow, this sounds very interesting. A dying Link like heroe? Well, it is definitely possible to go even further in the past. Thanks to your summary, now I'm able to understand the pictures behind the written text I'm not able to understand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom