• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Zelda Game Without Link?

Hey Everyone i was just wondering about this. I love Link and all his incarnations through the years but i cannot help but wonder what a Zelda game would be like just using Zelda....

So i wrote this to post all of my Thoughts and hope that you can respond with yours. What would the world timeline be? what items would she use? etc.

My idea would be a game after TP. Link and zelda are at the mirror of twilight and a wizard comes and restores it Then link get taken (having pushed Zelda away) follows him in and the mirror shatters. now it is zelda's turn to rescue link. she would use the rapier she had (only appears in TP ...sigh...) then she could use a bow that she is magically proficient in through everygame. and her spells din's fire, farore's wind, and nayru's love. then i was thinking the game would be more puzzle stealth based seeing she does not use a shield. plus i think that would be a good intro to use sheik's concept that should have been in TP so that you had a different style of play and maybe different weapons like stun darts or something.

these are my thoughts what are yours? Do you think a game using just zelda would work?

MsNerrrrd

Demyx stole my cookies
Creative idea, but I wouldn't enjoy it most likely without Link, becuase, c'moon, it would sorta 'ruin' the game in my opinion.
AND no, I don't count the crappy CDi- games, which are canon anyways.

Last edited:
There were two Zelda games with Zelda as the main protagonist (Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon and Zelda's Adventure) and they are generally considered to be awful.

Admittedly, it's not her fault...

I think it might be interesting, but I doubt Nintendo would ever try it.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I think the game could prove interesting, but only if it has a focus on magic. I'm not going to bring up the CD-I games, because they weren't horrible for their age. Just nowadays we look back and consider them horrible abominations.

Playing as Zelda in a new title would be refreshing, and in my opinion, it would finally do the brand name some sweet justice. Seriously, it is always called "The Legend of Zelda" yet most games have very little to do with the character herself, and this leads to confusing images as well as the idea of that green clothed guy being named Zelda rather than his actual name, Link.

Also, I'm all for female playable characters in a 3D format -- it'd be interesting what Nintendo does with the models and all that. :yes:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
There is one way I see a Zelda game working without link and only one place in the timeline that it should go. A long time ago there were rumours of a Zelda game titled: Valley of the flood. Basically the main character was not going to be link but somebody else, this would be the game where Ganondorf takes over and is unable to be stopped resulting in the Great flood. There were not many details on the plot other than that, that I can remember. I can however see a similar title working. Ganondorf would be more like an unstoppable force or the inevitable coming fire rather than a villain to do battle with. The only hope would be using the power of the gods to stop him, the Wind Waker baton could make an appearance. Of course things would not go according to plan, the Gods would be able to delay him but at a cost. Hyrule would have to be submerged and some of its people evacuated, the others would be left behind. I see this as a darker title which could work well even without link because he was never supposed to be there in the first place. The protagonist could be a fighter similar to link, but different in appearance and perhaps wielding a two handed sword rather than a sword and shield, blocking would be done with the sword.

I don't really like the idea of a game playing as Zelda, she has never been a fighter in any canon game. They should make a new protagonist if a game is to not feature link.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Personally, I would love a game with Zelda as the main character. However, Link shouldn't get kidnapped. I've always thought that idea was just plain silly. (No offense! Sorry, just my opinion. ^^)

I really like the idea of using magic, too. And Sheik is an interesting idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom