• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Timeline Theory (GASP)

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
ZD Champion
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Ok honestly the one thing I keep seeing wrong is just your setup of your timeline. You have OoT leading directly into MM when WW should do that. See zelda sent link back in time to relive his childhood, this created the alternate split off OoT and the alternate split is that which leads toward MM. The mostly untampered time split is the one were link just recently defeated Ganon, but no longer exhists in, leading up to WW. Do you get what I'm saying? Here is how I think your timeline should look.

SS > OoT > WW > PH > ST
------ \
-----MM > TP > TMC > FS > FsA > AlttP > Oox > LA > ALBW > OLoZ > AoL

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
No, there are more things than that I don't agree with but I'm just feeling to lazy to elaborate on. Like for one why does he have ALBW after LA? TMC and FS fit better inbetween SS and Oot in my opinion, just things like that.

For the first part, with ALBW, it's a different Link than ALttP, meanwhile the ALttP and LA Links are the same, so there's that. Second, MC and FS have different Links: MC has the "Hero of the Picori Blade" and FS/FSA has the "The Four Who Are One" (these are the names used by Jacob). Therefore, FS and FSA have to go next to each other. The placement of MC has been thrown around some though, even before HH came out. I'm part of the group who considers MC part of the Adult Timeline, but there are many who agree with you there.

hwrdjacob

The Nintendo Knight
Yea, I see that. I might just make them both diverge like I originally had. Really, the only thing keeping FS anchored to FSA is the direct use of "Link" for the FS hero- as I've said before, this usually only happens in games like PH, where only a short time passes-For example, TP and WW use "Hero of Time" even though we know they are referring to OoT Link.

I'd like to know why you think TMC fits better between SS and OoT, Spiritual Mask Salesman, because while I can't find any evidence against the notion... there's not much FOR it either.

What else do you disagree with, spiritual mask salesman?

Last edited:

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
ZD Champion
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Yea, I see that. I might just make them both diverge like I originally had. Really, the only thing keeping FS anchored to FSA is the direct use of "Link" for the FS hero- as I've said before, this usually only happens in games like PH, where only a short time passes-For example, TP and WW use "Hero of Time" even though we know they are referring to OoT Link.

I'd like to know why you think TMC fits better between SS and OoT, Spiritual Mask Salesman, because while I can't find any evidence against the notion... there's not much FOR it either.

What else do you disagree with, spiritual mask salesman?

Mostly just because Vaati was after the “Light force” which rests within zelda, Ghirahim in SS was also after something similiar which also rested in zelda in that game, the divine powers of Hylia, maybe these two things are one and the same. I just feel that over the generations Zelda's ties to Hylia would eventually be diluted the farther away from SS you chronology go, so putting TMC closer to SS the links to Hylia are stronger than they would be if you were to put TMC farther away from SS.

hwrdjacob

The Nintendo Knight
Ok, here's something I want to go ahead and throw out to the world. Spread the word.

The Light Force has a good 99.9% chance of being completely unrelated to Hylia, unless you start pulling out epileptic trees. Which, if you can provide evidence for and make sense of, I'll listen to.

The Light Force is described as a "Gift" from the Minish, and is given to Hylians during TWotBC. It is also given alongside the FS. So unless you can claim, while making sense, that Hylia was a 2-inch midget, no. And the time frame of the WotBC makes it even more unlikely- it takes place on the ground, and if it took place before SS, why would she even have to hide humanity on Skyloft anyway? After all, monsters would be sealed away, meaning the surface would have no enemies until TMC, which was the whole point of Skyloft's creation in the first place- hide humanity from monsters.

Pretty much everything about TMC is entirely self contained, and could be put at any point between SS and FS, because absolutely no evidence exists to support a specific placement.

My theory? The Picori Blade and the Light Force are Minish replicas of the Master Sword and the Triforce, made for when neither are able to be used (A hero the MS will accept is unavailable and a balanced canidate cannot be found).

Last edited:
The bit about the Minish MS and TF is, but the rest is fact. If you can provide a fact driven rebuttle, go ahead, I need to make this Timeline as sound as possible. It's already apparently more sound than HH, or at least no one has said that it isn't.

Hey, if you really want to make your Timeline sound show it to Nintendo and see if they decide to publish yours as the official Timeline. In the meantime, it's just a theory and not official so don't be going around claiming it is.

The official timeline isnt wrong or illogical, the third split while surprising and unforeseen makes sense in an alternative reality/universe setting. The much used argument, why isn't there a split for every game then, is not a valid one, just because there aren't any games in them that doesn't mean there aren't more splits. It just won't show up in the timeline. While this could have been solved in a different, to the fans more coherent manner, it wasn't for whatever reason. However such things do not make it wrong.

hwrdjacob

The Nintendo Knight
That's not my problem with it.

The problem is that it seems to be a poor excuse to "Quarintine" off games Aounuma didn't work on, that is not ever alluded to, nor built up to, and outright contradicts multiple aspects of ALttP, as I have pointed out.
At best, it's poor storytelling, at worst, a straight up cop-out. I wonder if, left to his own designs, he would ever have willingly touched the DT again. After all, ALBW was Miyamoto (the awesome)'s idea, not Aounuma's.

And even using HH's canon status isn't a solid argument for it because Nintendo has said "[HH] is subject to change".
Which was most likely an insurance policy for them if the fans made an uproar or they screwed the timeline up again, an escape hatch for them to run screaming through. When the going gets tough, I doubt they'll stand by HH.

Hey, if you really want to make your Timeline sound show it to Nintendo and see if they decide to publish yours as the official Timeline. In the meantime, it's just a theory and not official so don't be going around claiming it is.
I never did. I just said it's factual that the Light Force is given by the Minish during TWotBC, most likely has nothing to do with Hylia unless she is somehow a Minish, and the notion it is is made more unlikely due to the timeframe of TWotBC.

I never said my timeline was official.

Last edited:
While I understand that there may be various (political) reasons for the way the timeline has been set up, with a quarantine as you put it for certain games, and that this may indeed be regarded as a lazy or otherwise easy attempt to put something out there. That does not make that the official timeline is wrong in any manner as it can be explained. The disclaimer to me is just a way for them to make changes to the timeline in future games to make it possibly more coherent. I also think that this initial product has started a more focused thought on how the timeline is set up with Nintendo and will feature more heavily in the future (SS as an example of one of the more overt story lines in regards to it's place in the timeline). The disclaimer simply allows them to make changes down the line if they feel that to be necessary, either creatively or for the timeline to make sense canonically.

hwrdjacob

The Nintendo Knight
Belated reply. Ok, so we're just going to ignore the fact that the Ganon of ALttP and OoT can most likely not be the same? You don't just make a timeline based on "Political" reasons-that's a good thing to do if you WANT to screw the timeline anymore, I admit-you base a solid timeline on FACTS Which was my #1 goal with this-no fabrications such as the DT and the only assumptions must have enough solid evidence. Which, as far as I can tell, I acomplished to create a product that is at least logical. Canon? I admit, no. But logical? I'd think so. If Aounuma just wanted to avoid working a plot around the classic games, the freakin' jokes on him thanks to ALBW!

I see your point and while it may be less inconsistent than the real timeline, that does not make it true. At this point all theories are debunked by default because they do not reflect what Nintendo has stated at this point in time. While we may not be happy with it, that does not change that simple fact... In that point of view I'll see your theory more as a improvement suggestion or something similar. Theories are based on facts and the fact of the matter is that there's an official timeline (not a theory).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom