• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Satisfying Change?

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
*This thread WILL contain SPOILERS!
**I could not find a similar thread, I apologize if this is a duplicate.

2Worw.jpg

If you haven't heard the news, the Pokémon franchise is taking a cultural shift. They're transitioning from the traditional Japanese style locations, to a more heavily European influenced location -- specifically France. Of course, with this in mind, many cultural aspects of the series are going to change. Chances are, the region is going to seem very different from what we're already accustomed to. My question to you is, will this be a satisfying change? Do you prefer the traditional Japanese route for the franchise, or do you want something brand new? I'm very curious as to what some of you have in mind, even though this isn't the best topic in the world, I'd still like to hear what you have to say. Discuss.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I didn't actually know the series was Japanese in style until I read your paragraph. :I

So, naturally, I won't mind at all.

France is among the most cultured European nations and the Japanese have always been fond of the country. I also appreciate French society and the land's distinct architecture. Pokemon is traditionally a static franchise; this aesthetic shift complements the move to 3D well.

Fig

The Altruist
I think the cultural change would not affect the Pokémon franchise in a negative manner as Gen. V was focus on a "westernized" culture (i.e. big buildings, entertainment facilities, ranches, theatrical arts, etc.). Having the new change to a French culture makes it sound promising to me and I actually think it would allow the series to blossom as successful as the previous five generations.

Also in speaking of spoilers, here's something very interesting:

We can move diagonally!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom