• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art A Random Drawing Contest Week 12

The Random Drawing Contest Week 12

• Meego7

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CannibalPieChan

• Smitie

• Xinnamin

• LANZZ

• Random Person

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Main Theme : The Legend of Zelda Series
Sub Theme : Age Difference

Meego7

331ggwo.jpg

CannibalPieChan

PWO_NORMAL_13588.png

Smitie

scannen0002.jpg

Xinnamin

agedifferenceAryllNiko.png

LANZZ

old_tingle____by_lanzlink-d3a7ce7.png

Random Person
teen_bombers_by_randomperson1310-d3acud0.png

I'm extremely pleased to see so many people submitted so many creative pieces this week. I think I may cry. :kawaii: Also, people would like to know why they were or weren't voted for. Please, if possible, leave a message when voting. Voting ends on 3/1/11.

Week 13 Main Theme : The Legend of Zelda Series
Sub Theme : Security is No Match for Link

Entries due 3/3/11 by midnight.

Last edited:

i-am-link

DGN's Metaphysicist
I almost voted for CannibalPieChan, but then decided that Meego's was better, but only by a little bit. Meego's was hand-drawn, as always, and I liked that. Also, I didn't quite understand CannibalPieChan's. Anyway, Meego, I'd give you a pound for constantly getting my vote, but I can't, seeing as how I only have US Dollars, and I can't go to England anyway. :P

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
For once I'm gonna make my comments early so I don't totally forget like I did last time ^_^;;

Meego: I never thought the day would come that I would look at Ganondorf and say "CUTE~" Well...that day has come. You did a really good job making the Prince of Darkness actually look like an adorable little kid. Few suggestions, work a tad bit on the symmetry of the face, since that goatee (that is a goatee, yes?) is a tad lopsided or something. Also, if you're going to use black as a fill-in color, you should try to make the lineart a bit more noticeable, like maybe using pen, or darker shading so the shapes are a tad more distinguishable as to where his arms and body are.

Pie: First impression, moe, which is good, I think moe is seriously cute when done right, and you did that right. The coloring is gorgeous and Ezlo makes me laugh XD. However, I can't help but notice the out of line coloring is rather distracting as it is really visible with the dark bg, but nevertheless it is still really amusing and cute.

Smitie: Baby frogs that look like frogs instead of tadpoles? It MUST be magic =O (lol my inner bio freak erupted). But regardless, it is really cute, and Cyclos crying is really nicely done. Of course Zephos is the calm one and Cyclos the temperamental one, which I think is a really nice detail. I think you could have played around with their designs a bit more though, be a bit more creative, because cute as it is they don't look terribly distinguishable from the adults we see in game other than the baby props.

LANZZ: I have no words for how epic that is. Old man Tingle, that is a fantastic rendition of that nutty character, really. However, I think you could have worked on the bg a bit more, and done more shading on Tingle himself, as the hill and Tingle's lower body look mostly flat compared to the well done face. Also, the light source is inconsistent, as it's coming from the upper left to the face, but from the bottom to the body.

Random: Really really dynamic, I like dynamic cus I could never do dynamic XD Your shading is getting better and better every time. They make me think of a gangster-boy-band mix...which is very interesting. As far as the shading though, you should pay more attention to the curves of the body, as the shadows, especially in such a dynamic lighting, would really accentuate the natural shape of the body (ie, the way you did the left guy's head makes him look like the head is caving in on itself). Best way to practice that is observe from nature. The others look really good though.

I'mma vote for LANZZ, because old Tingle is just too epic to not vote for.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Dang! Who to vote for?! It's really hard for me, those are all great looking. There is lots of talent behind the drawings, etc, I wish I could vote for several. This time though, I gotta go with Smitie, I really love the pic. I know how hard it is to make a drawing look good with color pencils, trust me, I know, I have drawn before only to have the picture ruined by coloring it. Yours looks great, though, I love the drawing, maybe not the coloring wholly, but still the drawing is what made me vote for you, those babies look really nice. Keep up the good drawing, contestants, the others were certainly amazing. ~Ao

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
I messed my drawing up...I was up late and coloured the robe wrong so it would have looked a lot better but ah well. Hmmm, I don't know who to vote for!

They are all superb but I think Xinnamin's stood out to me the most. It's so cute and I really like it.

LANZZ

Scarecrow
All of them are great, I like them all!

Oh, here is my sketch for Old Tingle...

oldtinglesketch.jpg

Last edited:

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
Nice theme, RP - you got a lot of creative entries with it! It was really hard to choose. In the end, I picked the one that I was still thinking about when I looked at the thread title again later, and that one was yours. It's nice to think of the Bombers still being friends when they grow up, and I like your design choices. One detail that would have tickled me to see, though, would have been the bomber's notebook, perhaps nestled under someone's arm. One of the things I liked about the game is how often kids running around randomly are viewed as troublemakers, and in MM it turns out their goal is to do good deeds. It would be a nice contrast to see the swaggering "Bombers Gang" still have the same goals. :)

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
One detail that would have tickled me to see, though, would have been the bomber's notebook, perhaps nestled under someone's arm.

I thought about putting that in the picture, but I was trying to make it as close to this pic as possible.

bomberstl.jpg

But yeah, it would have been a nice touch to see it under Jim's arm.

Last edited:

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Congratulations to Meego7 for winning with her entry...
331ggwo.jpg

Your picture will be...er... is already in the featured thread on ZD's main page, a part of ZD's Deviant Art account and featured in Zelda Dungeon's Art Lovers Group.

Don't forget to submit for next week's contest. Entries are due 3/3/11 by midnight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom