• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A New Mystery of Pokemon Black 2 and White 2

MarkaenShoque92

Hero of Hoenn
After I compared the old Black/White map with the new Black2/White2 map, I have come to an interesting conclusion: three of the old gyms are now encased in ice (1st, 2nd, and 7th gyms). While I admit that this could be somewhat common knowledge by now, a thought occurred to me regarding the Gym Leaders. We know that there are two new Gym Leaders (the water and poison leaders), but who is the third? Is it some sort of new leader whose identity will remain concealed until the game comes out (or not) or is it one of the three Gym Leaders that lost their towns who simply relocated? If it is a new leader, what is their preferred type?

A similar question is also what happened to the Elite Four. The Pokemon League is now frozen over, so is there a new league location or are the Elite Four (and Champion) wandering the land?

Any ideas, forum readers?

God knows who the third Gym leader is, But Nimbasa city, Castelia city and Driftveil city are not frozen so hopefully The Leaders from Black & white return, I don't see why they couldn't. So if that were the case, then Burgh would be the Third Gym Leader, Having said that we just won't know untill it comes out in Japan.

The ice is probably something pertaining to Black Kyurem's types I assume.

JJGenesis said:
Well if you read the news on Zelda Dungeon you would know that some new areas have been added, the construction on route 4 has been finished and 2 new gym leaders have been announced.

Thanks. I just saw the Black and White 2 Trailer as well as some of your news posts. :bleh:

I have no idea where the Elite Four would relocate. I'm assuming the ice sheets are going to be major plot points throughout the game. Maybe you'll need to thaw the region before you can face the Elite Four? That would add the interesting element of needing to complete the main plot of the game before you can become the league champion, therefore making collecting badges and rising through the ranks a more secondary plot point.

Pinhead101

Pokemon Master
I think this is more likely to be a cover up attempt so as not to reveal too many details about the game before it is released. They did the same thing with the first Black/White games except they used clouds to cover parts of the region.
Companies do it all of the time to keep details hidden.
Just look at the area on the left of the map near the mountains. That doesn't really look like it's supposed to be there.
I think that the map won't change that drastically. The Elite Four and the other gyms should still exist and only minor changes will occurred.

I think this is more likely to be a cover up attempt so as not to reveal too many details about the game before it is released. They did the same thing with the first Black/White games except they used clouds to cover parts of the region.

That's a very good point. I wish I noticed this alot sooner xD

Wonder where Professor Juniper is if her town is frozen over! Heck a lot of early places from B&W are just ICE...Maybe the Eight gym leader is an Ice one...preivously the 7th gym leader who has suddenly said "SCREW EVERYTHING!", found Kyurem, and started freezing Unova :D

If the freezing has anything to do with the story, the freezing is probably because of Kyurem, but I think it might just be there to cover up the map to not show to much of the map so far, as a person about 2 or 3 posts above me said.

Last edited:
I'd laugh if it wasn't though. What if Arceus just made a snow making machine because it got bored. He may have wanted a winter wonder land!

R

Robgoro

Black and White has always had environmental undertones (two legendary Pokemon that control the weather?), and this game definitely exemplifies them! I don't think that the region is frozen solid so much as frozen over - on the official art, the ice seems like it's superimposed over the surface of the picture as opposed to the surface of Unova. That being said, the game is likely going to be plot driven and might take you outside Unova for a time (in the 8 minutes of footage, one of the routes you're on plays the same music as the Spotted! Track for Mountain Man trainers from Diamond and Pearl...that's me being optimistic, though, because I LOVE Diamond and Pearl!).

The Pokemon League has likely been replaced by the structure that now stretches into the Resort Desert and Dustveil city, and Akuroma seems to play some sort of power role (I'm guessing, due to is completely nonchalant blue hair streak and black garments trimmed with blue, that he belongs to Plasma). The idea of an evil professor is, at the very least, exciting! I think we'll see the rest of the Unova region in its full glory - and they likely just added a few new Gym Leaders to the west side of the region to make up for a few of the losses in the main game.

Either way? This game is going to be awesome. How do you all think they're going to make the rival dynamic work?

EDIT: During the video, his rival says "The pain you've brought my Pokemon...I'll never forget it!" I'm assuming since the main characters seem to have younger siblings, his story is going to be somewhat related to redemption and becoming a proper role model. Cliche Japanese RPG, am I right? ;D

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom