• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess 59 Poes - Twilight Princess

So I'm stuck on 59 poes on twilight princess and I'm wondering if it's even possible to get the last one. I went thought the game as long as I could without looking at a guide and in the middle of the Sky City dungeon, I decided to finish the heart piece/poe hunt. Got all my heart pieces but can't find the last darned poe. I've gone back to every spot at least twice, according to the guides. I even went through the Cave of Ordeals again (didn't finish but got the last Poe floor, 44th) and still couldnt find it. Is there any time in the game where you can miss out on the opportunity to get a poe?

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I don't think its possible to miss a poe entirely. If the one you can't find is in the Sky City, then did you ride one of the (don't remember their names, I wanna say Peahat) in the one outdoor area. The area I am talking about is the one where you need to ride the (Peahats?) over the walls, and through cracks. One of the (peahats?) fly out towards a small island where the poe is. If this is not the one you are talking about, then I don't know where any others are at in the City in the Sky.

However, another tricky one that is likely to miss that I know of is the one in the Arbiter's Grounds. Right before you enter the dungeon, in the room where you fight the Bokoblin King(not sure if thats his name; enemy names aren't my strong suit) is a poe. It is extremely easy to miss if you don't turn around after the fight.

Last edited:
I don't think its possible to miss a poe entirely. If the one you can't find is in the Sky City, then did you ride one of the (don't remember their names, I wanna say Peahat) in the one outdoor area. The area I am talking about is the one where you need to ride the (Peahats?) over the walls, and through cracks. One of the (peahats?) fly out towards a small island where the poe is. If this is not the one you are talking about, then I don't know where any others are at in the City in the Sky.

However, another tricky one that is likely to miss that I know of is the one in the Arbiter's Grounds. Right before you enter the dungeon, in the room where you fight the Bokoblin King(not sure if thats his name; enemy names aren't my strong suit) is a poe. It is extremely easy to miss if you don't turn around after the fight.

I definitely got those two. The ones I think I may have missed are the Faron Woods poe (in the purple fog) and the one at Arbiter's grounds right next to the entrance. Again, I've gone back to every single spot on the list and I'm thinking some kind of glitch whether it's game progression or saved games have something to do with it. Faron Woods it's always day. and I don't remember getting the one at the entrance to arbiter's or even the one at the far end of gerudo (right where you land after the cannon takes you there). I definitely got the King Bokoblin one and the rest of the Gerudo ones.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
The one I was stuck on for what seemed like an eternity was the one in Zora's Domain. It's pretty hidden away as it sort of blends in with the colour scheme. Of course it could be Poe Soul that you're missing, you're bound to miss a couple and those couple happen to be the hardest to find just because when you go looking for them you're, in a way, rushing as you have to check so many areas.

My advice would be to avidly search each place twice over even if you know you've searched there before. Oh and always start with the areas you're unsure of as well as the simple areas (you may have missed one hidden in plain sight).

Good luck.

The one I was stuck on for what seemed like an eternity was the one in Zora's Domain. It's pretty hidden away as it sort of blends in with the colour scheme. Of course it could be Poe Soul that you're missing, you're bound to miss a couple and those couple happen to be the hardest to find just because when you go looking for them you're, in a way, rushing as you have to check so many areas.

My advice would be to avidly search each place twice over even if you know you've searched there before. Oh and always start with the areas you're unsure of as well as the simple areas (you may have missed one hidden in plain sight).

Good luck.

Thanks! Yeah, I definitely got the one behind the waterfall at Zora's. And I feel like I got the other one way before, up on the ledge to the side. It's not showing up when I look for it but maybe it's just kind of "hiding". Im waiting to enter Palace of Twilight until I find this, but I almost feel like it's kind of a hiddren joke in the game. Like how Jovani was so greedy and that's why he's turned into gold, I'm being too greedy looking for a single ghost so the game cancels it out when it's "too late". And the Princess needs me! :P I could definitely see Nintendo pulling something like that.

One thing I'm thinking is maybe it's incidentally waiting for me at the end of the Cave of Ordeals. When I went through a 2nd time I just hit the floors they were supposed to be one and quit after the 44th. But I noticed that I had to fight 3 Darknuts on the floor that was only supposed to have 2. So will there be 4 on the floor that has three? Is there a new reward at the end?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Is there a new reward at the end?
Just go back every location you went to. There are also some poes hidden in caves. Especially when you get from Zora's Domain to Snowpeak Ruins. Hidden in the snowy landscape are some caves and there are also poes in there.
The reward is ......great Fairy tears

Just go back every location you went to. There are also some poes hidden in caves. Especially when you get from Zora's Domain to Snowpeak Ruins. Hidden in the snowy landscape are some caves and there are also poes in there.
The reward is ......great Fairy tears

I've got the fairy tears, I'm wondering if there's another reward for going through the Ordeals a 2nd time. Is there more than one cave for snowpeak? The guide says there's only one Poe in a cave there, which I have already. It also doesn't mention a Poe in a cave for zora's.

Last edited:
Ok, Im convinced. Ive gone through the game multiple times, looked at exact spots on the maps of other pics. There is a 59 poe glitch in Twilight Princess, and I would almost speculate that Nintendo did it on purpose as a message on greed. Well played :) Makes me like the game even more. I've heard people talk about it briefly on forums, but no guide acknowledges it.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Ok, Im convinced. Ive gone through the game multiple times, looked at exact spots on the maps of other pics. There is a 59 poe glitch in Twilight Princess, and I would almost speculate that Nintendo did it on purpose as a message on greed. Well played :) Makes me like the game even more. I've heard people talk about it briefly on forums, but no guide acknowledges it.

dude it's not even worth it,unless you want to do it for the sake of completing it,it's not something worth losing sleep over

I know it's sort of a waste of time. I'm just a bit of completist. I know the reward is just rupees, which i definitely dont need. I just like to see all the game has to offer in terms of side games, subplots, etc.. Plus if a 59 Poe glitch hasn't really been properly acknowledged, I think it should be mentioned in guides. I mean maybe I really have overlooked it, but that's doubtful as I've gone back to every spot 5-6 times. Might seem wasteful to some, but I could spend all day in Hyrule Field just fighting enemies. it's the process I enjoy, not just the result ironically.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I strongly doubt that it was intentionally done by Nintendo -- even if it is a glitch, although I also have some doubts about that. Other people have managed to find all the Poes just fine, and I don't think they'd make it so that SOME games do not work and others play just fine. Like I said, for that reason, I even find it hard to believe that it's a glitch, but I believe that you looked over every area again. I've had thoughts sometimes that the reason I can't find the last Heart Piece in A Link to the Past must be because of a glitch too, since I also checked back over every single place again, but I know how unlikely that is.

Haha, or is there an overabundance of people who've gone through the same process as you? You said you found lots of threads detailing the same problem, so I guess I could be wrong.

I feel really sorry for you, because like I said, something very similar happened to me in A Link to the Past, and it was EXTREMELY frustrating. It's so terrible to know that you worked so hard and yet you still can't call the game 100%. I'd suggest leaving the game for a while -- probably a few months -- and then going and rechecking everywhere again. Maybe that'll help? It might give you a new outlook, so that you're not constantly thinking, even subconsciously, "I already checked this place, so I don't need to check it as thoroughly this time..."

I have to say, though, it's an incredible feat that you managed to collect 59 of them in the first place. I never got even close to that -- I think I was somewhere around 35, maybe 40-something. The fact that there is no way to change day into night just made that entire quest immensely tedious for me. I didn't want to have to wait around for nighttime to go and do a sidequest. Not to mention that days last way longer in that game than in something like Ocarina of Time.

Thank you for the kind words! Did you ever find that last piece in ALttP? I have read about the 59 Poe glitch in TP possibility on a few forums but not a whole lot. There wasnt really any resolution on those threads either. While most people have found all 60 poes no problem, I'm thinking that I can't get all 60 for various reasons. I definitely don't think that my game is especially defective, more that I've either been playing the game for too long (80+ hours) or that after you start a certain dungeon (I just finished city in the sky and cave of ordeals) or maybe I have too many rupees since the reward is just rupees. I'm thinking Nintendo mightve wanted to reward those who went through process more quickly than others, or something. Also in cave of ordeals, if you go through a second time, you get to end and see the mailman just chillin on the ledge before the last fairy. He says he can't find something and assumably that could just mean the infinite(?) amount of Aeralfos that you can fight before you leave, but he's referring to an 'it', not a 'they' or 'them' which would be more appropriately referring to the Aeralfos, so I was wondering if he means the last Poe, but it seemed the Aeralfos never stop coming to reveal a Poe and apparently everyone sees this whether they have all 60 or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom